Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #331
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Big update coming in from Toby I assume. In the meantime, here's a lovely iPhone picture of what it looked like when I got there around 9:30 tonight.

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #332
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
so mr toby

the question is, in this very vacant and desolate garage - where are your tools, and where are your parts going?
Basement man! I could store 4 complete cars down there. As for tools, I only have a couple thousand dollars worth of Snap-On gear at the house. My main collection is at work. So I really don't have a big tool box or anything at the house. And if I need something specific, I simply bring it home that evening from work.

But yeah, I keep the important stuff in the basement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Big update coming in from Toby I assume. In the meantime, here's a lovely iPhone picture of what it looked like when I got there around 9:30 tonight.
Yeah, got the entire chassis harness out tonight along with some other things. I won't be able to work on the car tomorrow night, but will start removing the blower assembly etc. on Wednesday.

Yours truly trying to squeeze my old ass in there. Actually, it's the type of position I'm in everyday for work, so no big deal. But I am getting old none-the-less:

Then my black beast of a dog waiting for me as I came up from the basement. He's a wild man.... I was shocked he was sitting still!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #333
vtund777
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vtund777 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtund777
Huge fan of your work and how meticulous you are. This is definitely going to be a nice piece of art once it's all done.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #334
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Beard dog is insane, haha. Dude is intense...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #335
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Basement man! I could store 4 complete cars down there. As for tools, I only have a couple thousand dollars worth of Snap-On gear at the house. My main collection is at work. So I really don't have a big tool box or anything at the house. And if I need something specific, I simply bring it home that evening from work.

But yeah, I keep the important stuff in the basement:
you're a very lucky man. what you call a basement i call a fucking WAREHOUSE. it looks like a vacant costco. out here in los angeles, we have shit for space. i've got an entire garage and still dont have much room. post a pic of your garage, i'm curious how much room you have to work with over there..

if i was in your shoes, i'de have racks all over the basement so that i could stack high. you're wasting a lot of precious floor space.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #336
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
god, I miss my old, gigantic basement. My next house will have more storage space and a bigger garage.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #337
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you're a very lucky man. what you call a basement i call a fucking WAREHOUSE. it looks like a vacant costco. out here in los angeles, we have shit for space. i've got an entire garage and still dont have much room. post a pic of your garage, i'm curious how much room you have to work with over there..

if i was in your shoes, i'de have racks all over the basement so that i could stack high. you're wasting a lot of precious floor space.
Seriously. I've got an entire garage as well and I run low on space constantly. Even after we get the entire thing redone with drawers and shelves, with the car parked inside I'll easily take up the other half with interior bits and pieces.

Can't wait to see some more progress on your car Toby.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #338
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
So jealous of your basement.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #339
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
loving the progress.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #340
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Well, pretty much the only thing left is a long block and transmission. And those are getting pulled out on Sunday. Damon(CamryOnBronze) is coming down for the weekend and I told him I would wait till he got here to pull the motor. That way he can have the honor of helping me, along with Kyle, pull the last SR this car will ever have And it's not like it's going to take long to yank it... there's nothing left.

I also got every last item off the firewall and ready to start prepping for welding up all of the unused holes. Simply pull the carpet back and I'm ready to rock and roll. I'm also still trying to decide if I want to do an A/C setup with the LS... decisions, decisions.

Ahhh, the lovely engine and chassis harness... bye-bye!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #341
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I think you should do A/C. It just seems like its your style to have everything up and running perfectly
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #342
mothon
Zilvia Addict

mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should run a/c also.

And now i want a basement too.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #343
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Why wouldn't you run AC? It's not that heavy, will make no appreciable difference in power or responsiveness, is not difficult electrically or mechanically to adapt, and is in keeping with the theme of the car (10 tenths, all the way).

I'm actually disappointed you're even thinking about it. Even I have A/C set up on my LSx FD, just need the condenser.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #344
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Looking good Toby! It's your organization and attention to detail that always makes your builds exciting! Looking forward to more...
Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #345
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Why wouldn't you run AC? It's not that heavy, will make no appreciable difference in power or responsiveness, is not difficult electrically or mechanically to adapt, and is in keeping with the theme of the car (10 tenths, all the way).

I'm actually disappointed you're even thinking about it. Even I have A/C set up on my LSx FD, just need the condenser.
I'm disappointed that you would think one of your listed reasons is why I wouldn't run A/C... it has nothing to do with any of those.

Edit: ....... I will answer your question, it's just that my daughter was in bed screaming at the top of her lungs. To be continued!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds

Last edited by Broadfield; 02-19-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Old 02-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #346
Toms2jz
Leaky Injector

Toms2jz is an unknown quantity at this point
very clean build! my garage looks like your basement right now.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #347
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

Do you need a condenser? Cuz I be havin one...
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #348
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
I cant wait to see this car with some aero.
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #349
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
*scold scold scold*

Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #350
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
its awesome how detailed you get with your work. looking forward to seeing this thing get done.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #351
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Glad to hear it Toby, super curious what else would make you not want to run it. If you're staying N/A, cooling efficiency is not an issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenooblet View Post
Do you need a condenser? Cuz I be havin one...
Looking for a specific size to fit in front of my custom radiator setup. What are you doing with FD3S parts anyway lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
That's exactly what I see in my head every time I see the word "disappoint".

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #352
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
Something tells me the only reason he wouldnt run it is because its one more thing in the engine bay and with the chassis harness out and the brake master and line tuck. Big ac lines will be going through the firewall. tucked ac lines?
Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #353
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was thinking compressor...my badness. Carry on.
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #354
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bowering View Post
Something tells me the only reason he wouldnt run it is because its one more thing in the engine bay and with the chassis harness out and the brake master and line tuck. Big ac lines will be going through the firewall. tucked ac lines?
You're good! So here's the deal: I used my A/C last year a whole whopping 3 times. So if I'm not going to use anyway, then what's the point of doing it? If I can keep the bay cleaner looking without it, then that's a good thing. However, I'm not going to completely shave this thing. I'm not smoothing it per say. I still want it to look like an engine bay. So a dryer and a few lines is not the end of the world. This is NOT a show car. It would be nice to have A/C for that "just in case" moment. Especially if it starts raining and the windows fog up. And for the record, by any means did I say I wasn't doing an A/C setup. Merely contemplating the options. I have been leaning towards doing the A/C setup this whole time... so we'll see what happens.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #355
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Do the AC setup without it, it would just seem odd on such a meticulous car like yours.

No AC is for high school kids running around with godspeed coils and stuttering SR's.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #356
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Your work is astonishingly beautiful. Gosh, Sometimes I wish I had OCD! Subscribed btw. Cannot wait to see this completed!
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #357
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Angry

damn it man i cant see the pics, so much awesomniess can not be contained!!! something like that, 2316 in Afghan and all i want to see are some cool inspiring pics! this is the cost of your freedoms!! LOL!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #358
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

If you're interested in trying to make it look nice(r) there's a guy in the RX7 community that makes custom setups for cheaper than I've ever seen. Some of his stuff here:
FD AC system made with or without cores.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #359
CLM_s13Type-x
Leaky Injector

CLM_s13Type-x is an unknown quantity at this point
This build is going to be awesome! I would go with A/C since your car has always had function and form! Subscribed!
CLM_s13Type-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #360
s15lover
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
s15lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to s15lover
12 pages...I'm still waiting to see the ls on the engine stand...btw I might be buying your s15 splitfires soon (sr20vet build) and the p12 uses the same coils...I figure since I'm going with the powerlab/efr setup I might need something with some serious spark so I don't get any crazy breakup lol
s15lover is offline   Reply With Quote