Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #331
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ I never wired them up, lol. I believe my friend has them wired up though, so I can ask him what he did. The reason I had an issue was my car never came with the proper wiring/sockets, since it didn't have a front bumper when I got it. I'm going to wire up my kouki position lights and turn signals when the time comes, though.

va240dude- I'll have pics as soon as I have them back. It's sounding like sometime next week now...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #332
Kg240

Trader Rating: (0)
Kg240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn, looks sick. Can't wait to see it with the Works on!
Kg240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #333
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Can't wait to see pics of the wheels on the car. I'm getting the same wheels/sizes, but in white. What size tires are you going with? I was planning on 215/40/17F and 215/40/18R
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #334
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ I'm thinking 225/40/18 R and 215/45/17 F... not positive on the front yet though. It would keep the diameters closer between the front and the rear, but might look bad. I think it will be alright though.

I helped a couple of friends with an SR swap this weekend, so I didn't have much time for my car. It did make me feel a lot better about getting mine back together though, since we got it swapped in and running in a day for the most part. I did get to mess with mine a bit last night though:

Finally installed my clear headlight lenses... had some stripped screws to take care of. The intercooler is just mocked up- I was checking fitment of the front bumper with the intercooler there:

[image lost]

Put the hatch panels in a friend gave me. I just need to clean back there and make a floor board so that I can haul stuff back there without it sinking into the spare tire well:

[image lost]

Door panels went back in. Still need to put some trim pieces back when the engine/trans are back in and the Power FC/gauges are fully installed. I'll redo the suede this summer since it didn't come out very well:

[image lost]

Installed the JDM vent visors as well:

This Week: Ganador mirrors should be back from paint and installed. The wheels are prepped and should hopefully be fully painted by this weekend. We are moving into the new house this weekend as well, so I should move the car there shortly.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #335
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

GANADOR!

Picked them up from paint on my lunch break today. I should have time to install them tonight after work.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #336
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I'm upset that I won't see this at the meet, I'll be in Texas for a friends Graduation. But I guess I might see it before then right? Looking nice man, looking really nice.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #337
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^Thanks Shane! I can't make it to the meet either- it's my sister-in-law's graduation party. And the car won't be ready anyway, haha. Let's meet up soon though when I'm all settled in the new house!

My ganadors are not a direct bolt on... the set I just recently got is for an S15, but I thought I remembered being told they still fit. They line up and look really nice, but the bolt holes are slightly off. I'm planning to just do some drilling to make them fit.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #338
thetopcow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
thetopcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow, I don't check back for awhile and leaps and bounds. Looking really good!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #339
Jwow
BANNED

Jwow is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you learn to install all those stuff? That's a lot of work!
Jwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 AM   #340
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ From the internet I guess, haha. Just through trial and error... there is still a ton of stuff that I don't know how to do, that's for sure!

Moved the car into the new garage yesterday! And it only took four people and a four wheeler to get it on the trailer, lol.

The Rig taking up my whole driveway, lol:

[Image Lost]

In her new home:

[Image Lost]

I think I will install the mirrors after work today. Maybe start washing down the engine bay if I have time to go buy a hose and nozzle tonight. Still have some unpacking to do, but I am SO stoked about my first garage!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:43 AM..
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #341
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
congrats on the house. the car looks right at home!
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #342
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Crongrats on the new house. I'm currently saving for one myself, and I can't wait to have a garage to call my own.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #343
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I want those headlights.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #344
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks guys, it is amazing to have a place to work. All I can think about at work all day is getting home to my garage! haha...

I finally had a little time to mess with the car last night- and I took pics with an ACTUAL camera instead of a phone! :lol: These pics really show how dirty the car is. I installed the Ganador mirrors and got the front end out of the way. My mirrors are for an S15, so it required some drilling. It was annoying and I wish I had kept the first set I had initially, but oh well!

I also managed to remove my stock engine mounts, which I have been worried about for a while. Those bolts were really on there, but I managed to break them free! Those things are going straight in the garbage... they were smoked! Should be much better with the Cusco units.

I was able to start tearing into the wiring a bit so that I can start sorting out and cleaning that up. I'm probably going to remove some of the stuff that I don't need, but I am no wiring expert- the main reason for doing this is to get the wiring organized and out of the driver's side wheel well to avoid rubbing. I hammered a bit more of the metal lip on that side as well to try to help with this issue.

I'm not sure if the fuse boxes will be tucked or not. It's a lot of wiring and time to be getting into at this point. If Shane can give me a hand with cleaning the wiring up, I'll get as much out of the fenders and engine bay as I can.

Here's how she sits. I started adding screws to the side skirts to secure them under the car, so I'll probably finish that up next. Other than that, I'll be cleaning up the pay and painting the strut tower rust and battery tray to be ready for the engine to drop back in!

I'm booked for the next two weekends, but should be able to spend the weekend after that dropping it back in. I will shoot for sooner of course, but I am guessing that is how things will go!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:47 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #345
BOXCAR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BOXCAR is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn i thought all the motor work was done before you did all the paint. Ganadors look siiick.
BOXCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #346
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Car is looking sick Damon, paint came out really nice on all the kouki aero too. Keep up the good work
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #347
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR View Post
Damn i thought all the motor work was done before you did all the paint. Ganadors look siiick.
Yeah, I wish, haha. I am planning to drop it back in with a few buddies on June 12th.

I found a couple pics of my wheels test fitted from back in December. Pretty lame, but I figured I would post em up, lol.

17x9 +17 on the rear. Rear will now be a 18x9.5 +12, these will go up front.

[Image Lost]

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:50 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #348
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm running pretty much the same wheel setup. CR Kai's 17x9 +38 spaced out to +13, and 18x9.5 +12 in the rear! I'm sure your car will look 100x better though. Can't beat OE aero
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #349
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I can come up on the 12th while you guys are working and work on the wiring. But it will be far enough away I might have to crash on a couch. haha
Old 05-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #350
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Not a problem bro! We have spare rooms/beds- that would be most excellent! I am not super concerned about getting it running by the end of that weekend. It would be awesome if we did of course, but I;ll be happy just to have the motor back in the car!

Wheels were painted last night! Here is a pic of one of them finished that my friend sent me:

SO STOKED!!

I also installed my D-Max catback and Poly exhaust hanger bushings. It's sort of propped up since the rest of the exhaust/motor aren't in the car yet. My stock tow hook was interfering with the angle of the canister, so I pulled the rear bumper bar so that I can chop it off.

[Image Lost]

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:53 AM..
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #351
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
That's a quality looking DMAX exhaust...please post sound clips when you get the motor dropped in
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #352
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Minor update:

I found about 20 minutes of free time last night before we left for the weekend to install my Energy Suspension steering rack bushings:

Energy front LCA bushings and steering rack bushings, Cusco catch can (got a good deal, wish it had baffling, oh well):

[Image Lost]

[Image Lost]

Engine, trans, parts and wheels come home Wednesday.
[Image Lost]

On the way:

Misc. hardware for front end/bumper fitment
Kouki 180SX Bumper Beam
Kouki 180SX gauge cluster
Kouki 180SX back seat
DIF aluminum steering bushing
H&R TRAK 5mm wheel spacers (For front, +12 effective)
D-Max dual function position lamps
D-Max clear sidemarkers

Next week will be a fun week.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #353
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ive always loved this build great work keep it up
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #354
Drama
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
been watching this build for a while. Looks like its coming well keep it up!
Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #355
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks dudes!

haz cherry picker...

Tires should be in any minute now. Picking up the motor/trans/wheels from GR tomorrow after work. Wheels and tires will be all mounted up on Thursday. I am getting the trans all bolted up and ready to drop in Thursday night... and the motor should be sitting back in the car by Saturday evening! I should have a lot of updates coming in over the next few days...

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #356
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

H&R TRAK 5mm spacers for the front showed up yesterday to push the 17x9 +17 'kais to +12, like my old wheels. Also got the DIF steering bushing and rusty brake rotor mod.

Pics of the painted wheels and engine back at home tonight. ^.^

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #357
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice to see this car being put back together. Just in time for you to enjoy it for the summer
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #358
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Got my wheels back from GR on Wednesday night, as well as the motor and trans. I am really happy with the way the wheels came out- the silver is really bright. Got the tires mounted up yesterday and just tossed them on the car- I haven't seen it on the ground yet, but I am really happy with how it looks!

Tires being mounted up:

Mounted:

How the bay sits at the moment:

I pretty much finished up installing my DIF aluminum steering column bushing yesterday. I'm just waiting for my cousin to help me put the column back in:

Kouki 180sx Type X cluster. Will me modified to read to 180 MPH when I get time:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #359
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Looks great keep it up
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #360
Kg240

Kg240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Loveee those wheels man. Looks amazing!
Kg240 is offline   Reply With Quote