Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #3451
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
People wanted a cheap Hot Road or OEM. They got what they wanted, a cheap product.

I don't think it looks that bad... much better than no vent or plate at all. It may not be "Period Correct" but it will still sell and thats all TF wants.
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #3452
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
He's missing the triangle bracket that goes in the top of the bumper, that's why there's a gap. The bumper is just attached to the fenders.
the VS 6.5 bumper was a letdown.

YAJ fiber glass bumpers and G-Grow are killing the non-OEM game.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #3453
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

what kind of exhaust is that? i like it alot. beautiful car btw.
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #3454
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^looks like reinhard...

also TF v6.5 looks like hotroad with downs syndrome

Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #3455
adam s
Zilvia Addict

adam s is an unknown quantity at this point
Treefish you should get 4x gold koenigs.
adam s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #3456
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Is it me or is that white hatch shopped lower then its actual height?
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #3457
Treefish
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Treefish is making a name for him/her selfTreefish is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93kouking View Post
Thanks, yes it is Rein Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam s View Post
Treefish you should get 4x gold koenigs.
I have 4x gold Koenigs, but they're all 18s and I run 17s on the front, so they're on drift-spare duty.

Also again, was rad to meet you Damon and Kyle. Wish we had got some shots. We jetted off Sunday morning so I guess there was no chance. My buddy's pink s14 broke his driveshaft and axle so my car wasn't even on the trailer that night. We were driving it around Murfreesboro haha

Cya next time!

Also, CrimsonRocket, looking forward to those new lips. This prototype fiberglass one I got from you got some heavy abuse at IA.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #3458
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sometimes I wish I live closer to the East so I could see these cars in person

Whatever happened to the national Kouki aero thread meet?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #3459
adam s
Zilvia Addict

adam s is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefish View Post
I have 4x gold Koenigs, but they're all 18s and I run 17s on the front, so they're on drift-spare duty.
This made me happy & sad at the same time.

*goes back to visualizerating Gold koenigs all around*
adam s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #3460
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Sometimes I wish I live closer to the East so I could see these cars in person

Whatever happened to the national Kouki aero thread meet?
No "realistic" meet would happen. Most of the cars are too low to travel outside of their own cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #3461
Sarom_ps13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Sarom_ps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Is it me or is that white hatch shopped lower then its actual height?
Looks like it to me too..
Sarom_ps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #3462
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
No "realistic" meet would happen. Most of the cars are too low to travel outside of their own cities.
Plus the world would explode from so much hawt in one area lol
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #3463
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old 07-28-2011, 02:07 AM   #3464
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
wowwwaaaweewaaaa
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #3465
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
So where can i find one of these replica lips?
or just wait for crimsons
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #3466
towlie
Post Whore!

YAJ

I however am looking forward to mr.Rocketts reps, I need a few spares
Old 07-28-2011, 05:35 AM   #3467
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
What happened to Josh's old v:S kouki + group A bumper? Make a mold out of that, touge factory! If it's gone, a friend owns my old one - still in good condition.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #3468
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
and LOAR the lip.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #3469
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93kouking View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
^looks like reinhard...

Yeppers, it's a Reinhard (ti finish) exhaust.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #3470
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
We jetted off Sunday morning so I guess there was no chance. My buddy's pink s14 broke his driveshaft and axle so my car wasn't even on the trailer that night. We were driving it around Murfreesboro haha.
MANNNNN that bums me out, lol. I told Kevin to invite you to dinner with us on Saturday night when we went to that Japanese steak house in Murfreesboro, but he said you were hitting up Cracker Barrel and heading home. I am so bummed! We were practically hanging out we were so close, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
Most of the cars are too low to travel outside of their own cities.
Just tell your TYPE X to DEAL WITH IT. That's what Kyle and I did for the IA trip- it seemed to work out OK, haha.

A little more love from The Chronicles!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #3471
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That's also what I did from WASHINGTON TO ILLINOIS. In garbage 180SX seats. So I was also telling my back to deal with it. Now all is well because of BRIDE.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #3472
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Also, CrimsonRocket, looking forward to those new lips. This prototype fiberglass one I got from you got some heavy abuse at IA.
I was actually fairly disappointed I wasn't able to obtain any more of those lips. The quality was pretty on-point as far as fiberglass goes.

The company I'm having the new replicas made at is well known. They produce a lot of parts no one else does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
So where can i find one of these replica lips?
or just wait for crimsons
As towlie stated, YAJ, but good luck with that coming out anywhere below $400. You could try going through sir Jesse Streeter, but shipping just about ruins the deal(s). Emailed him once just to see his rates. An $100-$150 exhaust turned into $450+ after all of the shipping charges. His rates are low and more than fair. Shipping is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
YAJ

I however am looking forward to mr.Rocketts reps, I need a few spares
I still have my two OEM lips (1 new, 1 used). I'll be running the used one on my car (it's mint anyway). Going to hold onto the new one as long as I possibly can.

To everyone else saying make the lip lower, I did want to have it made at .5-1" lower, but a lot of people run their cars fairly low. I had problems coming out of my own driveway with the factory lip and I plan on going lower. If the lip was made lower, they would destroy it within a few days. Besides, the factory one flows much better with the rest of Kouki aero. Running an aggressive front lip with stock sides and rear just looks out of place.

My POS I never get to work on anymore.

Should get started on it soon. Bleh.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #3473
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

The company I'm having the new replicas made at is well known. They produce a lot of parts no one else does.
Chaser? LOL
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #3474
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ You should for sure. I remember staring at that pic for forever before I bought the CR Kais, haha. So cool.

And yes, I agree. I rarely scrape the lip- it's usually the underside of the car that hits the ground. It's nice not having to worry about the lip much the way it is designed now. I only scrape the lip on really steep driveway entries.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #3475
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yes Johnny.....commence work. And post more cool stuff in the for sale section. Like maybe a Do-Luck floor bar.

I scrape my lip going into and out of Toby's shop whenever I stop by there with the car. The bottom of it is getting trashed. Might have to look into Johnny's stuff.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #3476
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
What happened to Josh's old v:S kouki + group A bumper? Make a mold out of that, touge factory! If it's gone, a friend owns my old one - still in good condition.
honestly that's what i thought they were going to do..

i have that bumper now.

WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #3477
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Chaser? LOL
Hah, yeah right. It's definitely NOT Chaser. It's a shop in SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
^ You should for sure. I remember staring at that pic for forever before I bought the CR Kais, haha. So cool.

And yes, I agree. I rarely scrape the lip- it's usually the underside of the car that hits the ground. It's nice not having to worry about the lip much the way it is designed now. I only scrape the lip on really steep driveway entries.
Haha, yeah. I bought ClearCorners running lights and turn signals for my Kouki stuff the other week. Finally going to have Mike do the rest of my lighting. SPL V2 subframe bushings came in the other day (ordered through Corner3 Garage). Need to decide whether I want my subframe, crossmember, and all other stock arms powdercoated or just paint them myself. I know the paint would hold up, but I would hate having to pull them off again because of flaking paint. Powdercoating them would hold up much better in the long run.

Driving around with the lip on wasn't an issue at all. Even steep driveways weren't that bad. Making the lip lower would just be too much of a headache for people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Yes Johnny.....commence work. And post more cool stuff in the for sale section. Like maybe a Do-Luck floor bar.

I scrape my lip going into and out of Toby's shop whenever I stop by there with the car. The bottom of it is getting trashed. Might have to look into Johnny's stuff.
Dude, I'm not going to post up stuff out of my own personal collection, lol. I have plenty of Do-Luck stuff, just don't feel like getting rid of it just yet. Might be overkill though with my fender braces, Safety 21 cage, strut bars, and stitch welding the entire chassis. Haha.

You should scuff up the underside of the lip and put a nice thick coat of SEM Trim black on it. Not sure if we put undercoat on my friends car as well, but it really held up for a few months.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #3478
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
thats not overkill, Johnnie. It's perfect!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #3479
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
The new V.6 bumper. (not my car)

Bumper isn't that bad, the vents are a bit bigger than I thought...But Isn't overly terrible...I just hope you don't have to sag the bumper for it to look low like before...

Any better fitment pics out there?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #3480
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Having lots of bars is pretty fun usually. Just not when you want to haul stuff, haha.

I wouldn't mind a Do-Luck floor bar myself. Kyle has me convinced, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com