Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #271
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
good thread man
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #272
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncade View Post
Ever since tech2 started doing wiring, I have read so many horror stories! Glad you found the problem!
This wiring was done by Tech2 in 2008-2009 When it was in our first 2JZ coupe lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Do you recall how much you paid to get the compressor housing polished? Looks sweet!

Also with those 750cc injectors do you remember how close/far you were from maxing them?
I believe it was $75 for the exhaust side to be coated and $75 for the compressor to be polished. I went through Sound Performance when i ordered the turbo.

With JZ Stuff the injector rule of thumb is 1CC of injector for the HP obviously that would be maxing injectors if i was in the 750hp range. As of right now the car makes 400whp on 14psi, Going to up it in the 19-20psi range come spring so i'm assuming 450ish whp will be the new number.

Doing some wheel to crank hp calculations 410whp =506hp at the crank
450whp would equal to 554 at the crank.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #273
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Slight update

Re-did some of the existing wiring from Tech2 trying to clean it up and minimize stuff.

Before

During

Super excited for 2013!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #274
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love this whole thread, whered you manage to pick up the Instant Gentleman? I manage to overlook it,
Old 11-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #275
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
I got my turbo from the same place... i feel like an idiot now for not getting the housings done it looks sooo much better
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #276
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjurisprudencia View Post
Love this whole thread, whered you manage to pick up the Instant Gentleman? I manage to overlook it,
I got it from Chaser Aero. The side skirt came cracked. Waiting to pay for paint to put all the aero on. unless i just rattle can it for the year.

Some parts showed up today.

New AEM Gauge setup!

AEM Failsafe wideband.
AEM Water temp gauge
AEM Trans temp gauge
AEM Oil temp gauge
AEM Oil pressure gauge

gonna use the failsafe gauge as a wideband/boost to clean up the car and remove some of the gauges. Gonna be doing a custom cluster (like broadfield) too just need to order the Speedhut speedo/tach.

More pics this weekend after i do the water pump/timing belt and some more wiring. Getting EXCITED.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #277
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
I got my turbo from the same place... i feel like an idiot now for not getting the housings done it looks sooo much better
It does look really good polished/coated. Usually i have a gray turbo blanket so you don't notice the exhaust housing.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #278
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Any pics of ur a/c compressor delete bracket?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #279
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Any pics of ur a/c compressor delete bracket?
I'll get some for ya this weekend. As the ones i have don't really show much, i used the factory bracketry and then got a aluminum spacer for the hardware store and grinded it down. No issues. i noticed the belt slipped a little on the dyno so i'm going to look into an additional brace
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #280
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Cool that would be awesome if you could do that
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #281
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Here you can see the little piece of aluminum spacer i got.

Went to town this weekend changing out the waterpump,Timing belt, tensioner and idler

YAY for gates racing timing belt!!

got it "back together"

Also did alot more wiring, REALLY looking forward to seeing how that shapes up.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #282
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Got any pics of your intercooler piping layout? from the top?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #283
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

These are pics from the rebuild of the white car over the last 2 years. Maybe something will help?

You can see how the passenger side is ran in this pic, the drivers is the same. Might not be the most effective route, but it was simple and it works, Maybe i'll redo the intercooler setup sometime.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #284
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Awesome pics - thanks for that! Looks fairly simple and clean the way you did it
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #285
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Awesome pics - thanks for that! Looks fairly simple and clean the way you did it
No problem, plus everything is fully servicable. I might move the fuse boxes later on in life and re-clock the turbo and redo the piping there when i upgrade the intercooler as well as doing a the bov on the cold side.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #286
lizmo
Leaky Injector

lizmo is making a name for him/her selflizmo is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to lizmo
oh herro.
this thread rocks.
im bored, wanted to see what was being said about my other lover.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #287
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
coming along good! great build.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #288
xwizkidx

xwizkidx is an unknown quantity at this point
I just read thru the entire thing. i love doing that. i know everything about your car now liz... everything!!! lmao i love seeing this car in person everytime.
xwizkidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #289
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Love this BUILD!
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #290
jasonkmills

jasonkmills is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizmo View Post
oh herro.
this thread rocks.
im bored, wanted to see what was being said about my other lover.
Love your car, you are really lucky
jasonkmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #291
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Well time for another updated. It's starting to look a little more like a running car.

i massaged the radiator support to make some extra clearance for the radiator and fans. And did some slight re-wiring the fans to keep the wiring safe and out of the way. Also just through on the new velocity stack to see how it looks in it's natural state (this will be painted). This is a Vibrant stack for those wondering.

a little peek of how the wiring is going to look. Still need to order and install the protective wrap. Should look so much better.

Little over the top photo to show the clearance, or lack there of.

Still got some more wiring to do on the car. I'll have another update a little later.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #292
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Been following for a bit now... pretty neat.
Anyway, how are you gonna run a filter on that, if at all?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #293
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Been following for a bit now... pretty neat.
Anyway, how are you gonna run a filter on that, if at all?
Don't plan on running a filter. The stack will most likely only be on the car at shows and on the dyno if we decide. Who knows maybe i'll get a mesh screen and a new 4" intake pipe and run it all the time. Cause right off the turbo like it is now i don't believe the hood would close.

Some other pics i took. New gates timing belt. This also shows the type of wire covering i'm going to be using.

Clearance room

Also got one of these

little teaser of things to come in 2013 in this pic.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #294
rswails
Leaky Injector

rswails is an unknown quantity at this point
Excellent thread Flick. Glad you took so many pics. I am doing the same swap and was wondering if you could help me with a couple questions.
1) How well does your heater work with a TRD thermostat?
2) With your TRD stat, and current fan/rad setup, did you fix all your cooling problems? I plan on hooking up A/C, drifting, and driving mine on track days on road courses so I will need a good cooling setup. Have you done any racing with your setup to prove it wouldn't overheat racing/drifting?
3) Do you know if the koyo really works better than the ka radiator? Have you tried both? The koyo is expensive and might be too thick for me to run a/c easily, so I'm thinking of going with ka radiator.

I live in South Carolina so it gets pretty damn hot.
rswails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #295
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswails View Post
Excellent thread Flick. Glad you took so many pics. I am doing the same swap and was wondering if you could help me with a couple questions.
1) How well does your heater work with a TRD thermostat?
2) With your TRD stat, and current fan/rad setup, did you fix all your cooling problems? I plan on hooking up A/C, drifting, and driving mine on track days on road courses so I will need a good cooling setup. Have you done any racing with your setup to prove it wouldn't overheat racing/drifting?
3) Do you know if the koyo really works better than the ka radiator? Have you tried both? The koyo is expensive and might be too thick for me to run a/c easily, so I'm thinking of going with ka radiator.

I live in South Carolina so it gets pretty damn hot.

Hey man.

1. Heat works well with the TRD Thermostat, Here in Wisconsin it gets pretty cool so it's nice to have good heat! Not to mention the cabin gets warm from having a 2J in the car anyway.

2. With this setup (Koyo KA radiator,TRD Thermostat,Flex a lite 410 fans,custom oil cooler,Toyota Red coolant and water wetter) I've had the car running for about 4 hours with multiple (50+ Dyno pulls) in a 110 degree shop and the car never got above 195-200. I haven't had the opportunity to race the car since but there was no issue during normal driving/pulls. With my old setups sitting in traffic or running while parked the car would get over 200 degrees. So this is night and day difference. This is the go to system i believe.

3. I've never used the stock KA radiator. Mine spung a leak when i had the KA in the car, i ran a CXRacing one to try it. It was fine on the KA but the 2J never ran cool with that radiator and there fans. I think you may have cooling issues trying to run a larger intercooler,radiator and AC setup. But i hope you get it to work, AC would be a nice feature to have.

I will be in South Carolina in a few weeks actually. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #296
hummer96

hummer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you get this tool!?
hummer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #297
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer96 View Post
Where did you get this tool!?

Autozone.

OEM/5 pcs. master cam clamp tool kit (PBT70900) | Camshaft Holding / Lock Tool | AutoZone.com
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #298
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Not much of an update as the holiday season seems to take over then once that is all done i seem to loose ambition.

but i did order a new GT SPEC Strut tower bar!

Haven't installed it yet as i still have a ton of engine bay things to do.

Dropped off some wheels to get refinished...
BEFORE

Having the lips re polished and the center cut re polished and the faces painted by the same guy who did the old wheels. New wheels 17x8+35 (f) 17x9+35 (r) I know these aren't typical Zilvia sizing but i wanted to run a 255-275 and with these i feel pretty confident i can do that without having to mess with the body at this point in time.

Most likely going to order up some 235/45/17 and 255/40/17 Toyo R888's for these. Still on the fence if i'll grab a 275/40/17 instead of the 255. Time will tell.

Also placed an order for some custom gauges, which i just heard should be here monday! So i'm quite excited for that.

Gonna get back on it this weekend and try and finish a few things up!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #299
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Wheels look fresh....just picked 17x8.5 +30 and 17x9.5 +35 fr & rer respectively for my S14. Looking at a very similar tire setup hence the question on the other thread. Can't wait to see these on your car.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #300
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Wheels actually are pretty nice 5-10 footers, but they still are getting redone. I can't wait to see what they look like on the car, should make for a huge change coming from the 15's also no longer going to be running a drag radial. It's odd the car hooked on a 225/50/15 BFG Drag radial and now i'm concerned about traction with 255/40/17.

Also i should note i'm going to be installing the rest of the instant gentleman kit and having that along with the sil front repainted.