Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #61
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paENIboxKGI

It's going to be years till I consider a 4K TV. Who knows how the ISP landscape will look like by that time when it comes to streaming 4K natively. I'm talking about infrastructure, companies and costs.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #62
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
I would wait and go with projector 4k.

Even tho 75% of people tride talking me down at stores not to buy it.

Usual crap convo....

Me: shit is clean, if i had the money ill deff buy it.
Sales person: yeah but theres no 4k videos/movies for it. So ill be a like a regular tv.
Me: o.O
Me: you serio? I can tell you a few movies at 4k, yes just a few, but even so... The 4k player still converts bluray to like at 3k range. And as far as math goes 1k (1080p) < 3k
Sale person: but your not going to watching movies 24/7
Me: dude your killing me
If my guy at the big box store isn't around, I usually get the guy who's trying to sell me the "flavor of the week". You know, the one that nets them the most commission percentage.

Either that, or they don't think I can afford it (I do have a baby face)...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #63
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
If my guy at the big box store isn't around, I usually get the guy who's trying to sell me the "flavor of the week". You know, the one that nets them the most commission percentage.

Either that, or they don't think I can afford it (I do have a baby face)...
Haha same here... 35 this July
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140304_202028.jpg (136.8 KB, 19 views)
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #64
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
I know its kind of weird to say, but honestly i dont know why people wants more and more with this picture quality. In my book 1080 is perfectly fine, Atleast from my experiences with it i'm not disappointed and cant really even understand the point of going much further... Maybe im just so used to it that i dont even expect any more.

Hell, even my internet is so slow the most i can load is about 720p. If i try to go more it will take forever just to load the video.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #65
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
I know its kind of weird to say, but honestly i dont know why people wants more and more with this picture quality. In my book 1080 is perfectly fine, Atleast from my experiences with it i'm not disappointed and cant really even understand the point of going much further... Maybe im just so used to it that i dont even expect any more.

Hell, even my internet is so slow the most i can load is about 720p. If i try to go more it will take forever just to load the video.
Mostly you only get the benefit or even notice if your going big (60+) on screen. Just like on small screens 720 kinda looks the same as 1080.

Same concept as to like photo being expanded.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 03-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #66
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:

How large of a screen do you have now?

^^ As mentioned above, with a larger screen size it can make a difference. You can move the screen closer to your seating arrangements to improve the immersiveness of the image.

It also adds a lot of depth to the image (From the 4K sources that I've seen). Heck it made my regular 1080P image sharper (on my 4K lite projector setup).
Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #67
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
My tv isnt too fancy, just a samsung 32".

My laptop i use is an MSI GT70 (17") with a NVIDIA geforce gtx 675 card. I'd imagine it can handle some pretty impressive video quality but i dont even play computer games. Plus my internet limits me alot as far as loading quality above 720.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #68
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
My tv isnt too fancy, just a samsung 32".

My laptop i use is an MSI GT70 (17") with a NVIDIA geforce gtx 675 card. I'd imagine it can handle some pretty impressive video quality but i dont even play computer games. Plus my internet limits me alot as far as loading quality above 720.

Yeah i want to say 42" and under theres not really a need for 4k... Most of tv now at that range can work wonders with just 1080 with the right settings
Late Night Crew #1
Old 10-29-2016, 09:45 PM   #69
Felipe
Post Whore!

Rise from the dead lol

Update: in a few months my tv will be 3 years old. No problems what so ever!!! Remote had to be replaced. Feel between the recliners and smashed it to shit lol

Flash foward 2/3 years till now.... 4k tvs $$$ have dramatically dropped and commonly called UHD.

One thing that caught my attention are the "OLED UHD TV"

Fucken nice!
Late Night Crew #1
Old 10-30-2016, 12:57 AM   #70
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
oled has a burn in. but, theres some reviews. saying theyre not getting any burn in.
this shit goes back on the plasma era. where you get some burn in and some don't. ppl usage vary differently.

oled refresh rate is retarded fast. for a 4k gamer like me its godsend. oled will be the future once they improve manufacturing and lower cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBLJK4FdfQ
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #71
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I bought a Vizio M Series 4K last year. Love the damn thing. I've never actually watched anything in 4K other than videos on YouTube. I thought by now I'd be able to watch NFL games in 4K. Pretty disappointed about that.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #72
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I've had my 4k tv and yet to see anything in 4k

I'd love to get one of those 4k DVD players though
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #73
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I've had my 4k tv and yet to see anything in 4k

I'd love to get one of those 4k DVD players though
All I wanted to see with my 4K was football and Mad Max in B&W. The NFL I have no control over and I'm not going to drop $300 on a 4K blue ray player.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #74
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Yeah a real one is expensive. They have up scaling ones fo4 like 120 but I want a true 4k
Old 10-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #75
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
All I wanted to see with my 4K was football and Mad Max in B&W. The NFL I have no control over and I'm not going to drop $300 on a 4K blue ray player.
The only sports i seen in 4k was golf on Direct TV.

Not only the BR player, true 4k will require a true 4k dvd.

Even upscale player will only get you about 2k
Late Night Crew #1
Old 10-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #76
iHateMySilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
iHateMySilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I have a Samsung SUHD 4K tv and I think my eyes have adapted to it that i am no longer impressed , am probably not using it right (settings) I've watched 4K content on Netflix and it ain't that amazing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaVanBrosガレ​​ージLtd,Co.
iHateMySilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:02 AM   #77
Felipe
Post Whore!

This article kinda sums it up with 4k viewing....

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/ul...not-always-4k/
Late Night Crew #1
Old 10-31-2016, 06:37 AM   #78
future
Post Whore!

I've even trying to read up on how to maximize your tvs output but with no luck yet

Can't wait for that new Pacific rim movie!
Old 11-01-2016, 04:00 AM   #79
Felipe
Post Whore!

professional Tuning = $$$

If your lucky you can find good specs for your tv from others who have the same tv but even then each set of eyeballs are different.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 11-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #80
future
Post Whore!

And each room. The lighting is different everywhere
Old 11-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #81
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
And each room. The lighting is different everywhere
Yup.

I would try at least 3 sets of specs options just to see what floats your boat lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 11-01-2016, 08:15 PM   #82
future
Post Whore!

I wonde4 how much it costs. I wouldn't spend more the 100 lol
Old 11-02-2016, 04:57 AM   #83
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
I wonde4 how much it costs. I wouldn't spend more the 100 lol
All of the tv's (and projector) have been professionally calibrated by my friend who's CEDIA certified. Anyways I believe it's a couple hours depending on the setup, and can be $350+

Heck if I were to pay out of pocket for my PJ setup it would have been $600...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 11-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #84
future
Post Whore!

Oh wow. My task today on my off day is to some how see if I can make the output better
Old 11-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #85
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Have you gone to the AVS forums yet? They should have calibration settings for your panel.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #86
future
Post Whore!

Avs....Google right now. I'll have a better idea after my next response for you when you reply

But since last post I popped in a blue ray and started playing with settings and wow it looks beautiful! But when I turned on the Xbox it was way way too dark. So guess I have to go back and forth on brightness for what I'm doing
Old 11-05-2016, 02:57 AM   #87
Felipe
Post Whore!

I think Samsungs curved TV is over hyped.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 11-05-2016, 04:17 AM   #88
future
Post Whore!

The curve is 100% a joke
Old 11-05-2016, 04:34 AM   #89
Felipe
Post Whore!

I was all about it.. Now its like ehhhh....

I would get one only if its like 75" Even thats a maybe
Late Night Crew #1
Old 11-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #90
mtechpenguin

mtechpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The curve is 100% a joke
Curve is definitely a joke.

I bought the new 2016 Vizio P-55
and even that's pretty gimmicky as far as having a tablet as a remote.
But otherwise it's a great TV with some serious blacks. Set up for future HDR content as well and 4k pc gaming looks quite amazing. But 1080 is fine too.
mtechpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote