Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #3391
alexnumberone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
alexnumberone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i thought they manufacture tires for bicycles?

Not all tire companies are focused on making just bike/car tires. Yokohama, Bridgestone, Continental, Kenda etc make bicycle tires as well as car tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexnumberone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #3392
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
lol I said to myself, man his car would look sweet with those bronze model 5's. Then you get bronze TE's lol. Looks good man!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #3393
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnumberone View Post
Not all tire companies are focused on making just bike/car tires. Yokohama, Bridgestone, Continental, Kenda etc make bicycle tires as well as car tires.
Oh? Thank you for clarifying that. I had no idea.

NO FUCKING SHIT - MORONS. My point is, what the fuck are these shitty 300 treadwear bicycle tires doing on a nice ride?

Christ, some of you guys are dull as shit.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #3394
izzy-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

NO FUCKING SHIT - MORONS. My point is, what the fuck are these shitty 300 treadwear bicycle tires doing on a nice ride?

izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #3395
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
One of the best builds EVER here on zilvia.

Last edited by tlieberman240; 10-21-2015 at 03:33 PM..
tlieberman240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #3396
UG-T
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
UG-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy- View Post

Still not getting it huh?
UG-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #3397
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
God you people are slow lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #3398
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
One of the best builds EVER here on zilvia.
Thank you! Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
lol I said to myself, man his car would look sweet with those bronze model 5's. Then you get bronze TE's lol. Looks good man!
lol thank you sir!

Quote:

I don't know what Zilvia would be without you Mike. I actually thought of you when I put these tires on as you used to always give me crap about running S-Drives and now I have gotten even worse, lol.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

My set of TE37s were different production years and as a result the bronze on the front pair was lighter than the rear. I recently sold them and found a clean pair of fronts that match much better. The new front pair is +22 instead of +15, so I had to install a Kics +11mm bolt on spacer. I think this winter I will install S14 front control arms and move the spacer to the rear, then drop back to a 225/40 in the rear to get closer to the fitment of my old silver TEs (Those were +12 out back instead of +22.)

Other than that, I installed an Xcessive skid plate and removed the sound deadening material from my muffler as it was falling apart. Just planning to enjoy it until the weather gets nasty and more or less leave it alone this winter. I'm sure I will tinker with something, but I don't have major plans on the horizon at this time.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:49 PM   #3399
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Looks great! Favorite stage of the car.

Cooler tires would be cool though
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #3400
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Looks great! Favorite stage of the car.

Cooler tires would be cool though
Thanks! Hopefully I can do some cooler tires this winter, lol.

I haven't done a ton with the car since my last post aside from drive and enjoy it! We had a freak snowstorm the weekend before Thanksgiving that dumped 18" of snow at my house, but it all melted within a week and it hasn't snowed since. Fortunately the ground was warm enough that they didn't need to salt the roads, so I have still been driving the car around and enjoying it on nice days. I'm used to having it put away by late October most years so still being able to drive the car in mid-December is quite a treat!

The only real changes I have made since October is adding a Do-Luck floor bar and a kevlar Zeta II Pro Type passenger seat. I liked my brix and MO rail a lot, but when a friend showed me this seat for sail I couldn't pass up the chance to snag it. I've never had two buckets in the car before so this is a nice change.

Here are some quick end of year shots I grabbed last week to document how the car sits as 2015 comes to a close:

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #3401
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Hard to believe this was parted out at one point. It's as if its never missed a beat! I think one of the best simplistic phases the car has seen. It definitely is not as flashy as it once was with the red themed interior and zeros with the cage and whatnot with the deep dish blitz wheels, but I think this is still a very solid setup as it sits. Still enough cool parts to stand out, but nothing too much that affects the streetability of the car, and still retains a classic timeless look that will look good forever. Amazing!
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #3402
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Building S-chassis isn't that difficult unless you're doing something really custom.

People just seem to fuck up the formula...all the time.

Still enjoy seeing this car and the current combo/set up.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #3403
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Building S-chassis isn't that difficult unless you're doing something really custom.

If all you are doing is bolting on parts, you just need one or two of these...

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #3404
Cheaptalon

Cheaptalon is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm happy I stumbled across this thing! It has been ages since I've seen an update on Xceed. Always fun to follow the cars progression.
Cheaptalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #3405
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
This car just keeps getting better and better.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #3406
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf904 View Post
Hard to believe this was parted out at one point. It's as if its never missed a beat! I think one of the best simplistic phases the car has seen. It definitely is not as flashy as it once was with the red themed interior and zeros with the cage and whatnot with the deep dish blitz wheels, but I think this is still a very solid setup as it sits. Still enough cool parts to stand out, but nothing too much that affects the streetability of the car, and still retains a classic timeless look that will look good forever. Amazing!
For sure not as flashy now, haha. I am kind of enjoying it like this too though. I appreciate both, but wanted to change it up a little bit this time around. Really glad to have it back!

Quote:

Thank you sir! I couldn't agree more. I still believe sometimes that if everyone had the funds they would build a really nice and stylish car, but my theory continues to be proven wrong. It's pretty crazy, but to each their own. Gotta build what you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaptalon View Post
I'm happy I stumbled across this thing! It has been ages since I've seen an update on Xceed. Always fun to follow the cars progression.
Yeah, I didn't continue to update the Xceed thread when I got the car back. Sadly it seems like the forum is really slow now (as most of them are) compared to Facebook and things of that nature. A sign of the times I guess! Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
This car just keeps getting better and better.
Thank you!

It was really warm here last weekend- warm enough that I was able to get the hose back out and wash the car. I keep thinking it's put away for the season, but the weather just keeps surprising me. I would imagine by the time we hit the new year it will be pretty nasty out, but who knows at this rate.

I swapped my Ganador mirrors out for the factory units as I am constantly changing my mind about them. I wanted to see what the car looked like without them again. Kind of a toss up- depends on the day how I feel about it.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #3407
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Ganador all the way. IMO it fits the overall theme/style of this car.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #3408
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
East Bear would be cool as hell too. Or Bomex
Old 12-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #3409
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I'm going against the Ganador-club and keeping mine OEM.

No Group-A/N1 front vents or vented hood. Feels classier with the OEM mirrors.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #3410
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
I'm going against the Ganador-club and keeping mine OEM.

No Group-A/N1 front vents or vented hood. Feels classier with the OEM mirrors.
Hence why I said Ganador for his setup. With the vented hood and spoiler it just seems to flow better than oem.

Having said that I completely agree with dtfdanyo, East Bear would be jelly!!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #3411
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have honestly never been a fan of ganadors. Sure they've got all the hype, but meh. I still like a good condition pair of OEMs.

So did the storm this week miss you guys? We got pummeled here in Denver, but it looked like it was going to sweep north of you guys and just end up hitting WI & MN before ending up in Canada Eh.

How does the Mrs. like the bucket? And when are you going to get a real hood prop/struts?
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #3412
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Eastbears would be great.. Not as bulky as factory and not super flash like Ganador was considered 10 years ago.

Fantastic build with great taste.

Not interested in doing further body modification I assume?

Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #3413
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I had a pair of East Bears recently that I was selling for a friend. I tried a test fit but wasn't really sold on them. Maybe they would have grown on me more though. I bought a pair when I first got the chassis back but ended up selling those before I ran them too.

I looked at a ton of nice 180s from around 2000-2001 and really liked a lot of them on stock mirrors. That and Koguchi's black car made me run the stock mirrors with the Blitz Z2 earlier this year. I wanted to break the Ganador hype a bit too, but I can't stay away from them. For a while it felt like Ganadors were more of a US thing than a Japan thing because every build here seemed to be running them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
I have honestly never been a fan of ganadors. Sure they've got all the hype, but meh. I still like a good condition pair of OEMs.

So did the storm this week miss you guys? We got pummeled here in Denver, but it looked like it was going to sweep north of you guys and just end up hitting WI & MN before ending up in Canada Eh.

How does the Mrs. like the bucket? And when are you going to get a real hood prop/struts?
Yep, no snow here since the big one before Thanksgiving. We got a super light dusting that froze and caused accidents last Friday, but that's about it. They salted for that one though so I don't see driving this a whole lot more until spring.

As for hood struts, I've had a pair on the car since 2010. However, I don't trust them with the Koguchi Power hood. That, and they need to be riveted on to the hood so I never bothered. I shaved the hood prop bracket when I shaved the bay years ago (as I had hood struts at the time on the OEM hood) so the stick is more or less the easiest way to go now. But it isn't really a show car and the motor is stock so I guess I haven't seen a reason to mess with it, lol.

My wife didn't even notice that I swapped the brix out for a zeta until I asked her, so I guess she is just fine with it, lol. It's rare that we drive in the car together these days anyway with kids so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscraper326 View Post
Eastbears would be great.. Not as bulky as factory and not super flash like Ganador was considered 10 years ago.

Fantastic build with great taste.

Not interested in doing further body modification I assume?
Thanks! Maybe I will try East Bear again one day. I am actually debating changing the aero setup a bit for the spring, but haven't decided just yet. We'll see what happens!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #3414
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
I am actually debating changing the aero setup a bit for the spring, but haven't decided just yet. We'll see what happens!
I will end you
Old 12-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #3415
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm a part of the Ganador club. I think they flow better with your setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I am actually debating changing the aero setup a bit for the spring, but haven't decided just yet. We'll see what happens!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #3416
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Team ganador all the way
Old 01-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #3417
paradillusional

paradillusional is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaslows13 View Post
Team ganador all the way
craftsquare...

ha, couldnt resist

looking great!
Old 01-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #3418
boostzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
boostzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just read this entire thread. Great work on the car ! I definitely miss my 180 after reading this.
boostzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:16 PM   #3419
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Hurricane mirrors would do wonders to this car

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #3420
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Hurricane mirrors would do wonders to this car