Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
playastarkz123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
playastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Help with Uneven toe please!

bought this shell not too long ago, wheels are on there straight. Started to re do the suspension, installed dang drifters modified knuckles and FLCA, megan racing coilovers, and aftermarket adjustable tension rods.

put everything back together and this what i get

Put my wheels on and the toe on them are way off....in this picture my steering wheel is straight, and my passenger side wheel seems to be straight too....but this drivers side wheel is way off. How can I adjust the toe so that its even...something to do with the tie rods?

I was thinking tie rods but i dont see how theres that much room for adjustment on the inner rods. Briefly glanced at my rods currently and noticed that on the straight wheel there are only about 4 threads exposed on the inner rod,

On this wheel, if you look at the tie rod, thers about 8 threads exposed on the inner rod...

theres difference i guess, but not much....i dont see how i can adjust the toe that much...any help is appreciated..

PS: I also did an engine swap at the same time, i dropped the cross member which meant disconnecting the steering line from the rack, I thought maybe my steering would be off at a result of the way i put on the line back on the rack, but in that case both wheels would still be off by the same amount in the same direction correct?
playastarkz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
When I installed s14 flca's on my s13 my front wheels were burning out in a straight line because of toe out. Adjusted the tie rods and that fixed it. My guess is both your wheels are off a little bit and you reattached the steering column at an angle other than straight.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Start off by centering you're steering rack. Just cuz the steering wheel is straight or where it used to be at, doesnt mean the rack is centered. Also, what tie rods are you running? IIRC S13 tie rods are shorter than S14s to compensate for the longer LCAs on the 14s. Might have a mix matching set.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
What knuckles did you get? Are your LCA longer than stock? What tie rods are you running? Do what flip said and center your rack (equal amount of turns left and right). You might need to get a tie rod spacer or get longer tie rods if you have a crazy angle kit. Something like this:

karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
playastarkz123
Zilvia Junkie

playastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura about
The knuckles are oem s13 knuckles that were modified by dang drifters to gain more angle for drifting.

Tie rods are oem s13 as well.

the FLCA to my understanding was also simply an s13 FLCA that was modified by dang drifters as well. However, i may have possibly received s14 FLCA or a mixed matched set like Flip said, I will check the lengths once I get home today.

Thanks, for all the help guys!
playastarkz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Hit up Russell from Dang Drifters if you can't resolve your issue. He's a super rad dude with a rad beard and will help you with anything you need.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
ultramagnus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
ultramagnus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
you did all that work and didn't get the car aligned at a shop??? eye balling alignment are temporary fix, so you can take your car to a shop and get it done correctly.