Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #301
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl View Post
What is the stock 0-60 on an S14? Worse than that I bet.
Are we looking forward to the release of a stock s14? Are we thinking about paying $xx,xxx for a stock s14?

That's a disappointment... Hyundai's got some thinking to do about what they want to see come out of this car.
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #302
EroGori
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EroGori has a spectacular aura aboutEroGori has a spectacular aura aboutEroGori has a spectacular aura aboutEroGori has a spectacular aura aboutEroGori has a spectacular aura aboutEroGori has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you expect? It is a 3200 pound car that makes 200 horsepower. Looks great IMO, but I'll stick with my s13 or a used 350z.
EroGori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #303
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
a stock s14 doesnt cost even close to what this does though.
your kidding right????

ohh wait your 19 you don't know how much the s14 cost brand new

97 240sx brand new was ~24k for a non turbo 4cyl @ 155hp

2009 gen coup is ~24k for a 3.8 v6 at 310hp
or 18k for 2.0 turbo 4cyl @ 200hp

it makes no god damn sense to say the 240sx would of been a better pick....

and honestly if this came out in 97, 99% of all the new guys.... so 80% of zilvia would be into hyundais... especially if it was the same price too.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #304
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
your kidding right????

ohh wait your 19 you don't know how much the s14 cost brand new

97 240sx brand new was ~24k for a non turbo 4cyl @ 155hp

2009 gen coup is ~24k for a 3.8 v6 at 310hp
or 18k for 2.0 turbo 4cyl @ 200hp

it makes no god damn sense to say the 240sx would of been a better pick....

and honestly if this came out in 97, 99% of all the new guys.... so 80% of zilvia would be into hyundais... especially if it was the same price too.

actually............ in a way you are wrong. You didn't forget to consider technological advances in the car industry and ALSO account for inflation. So technically, a s14 240sx, at it's time, costed more than the new hyundai in our time.

But, b/c of technological advances.... the hyundai offers more.

but i'm pretty darn sure zilviakid wasn't even thinking about those factors.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #305
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
actually............ in a way you are wrong. You didn't forget to consider technological advances in the car industry and ALSO account for inflation. So technically, a s14 240sx, at it's time, costed more than the new hyundai in our time.

But, b/c of technological advances.... the hyundai offers more.

but i'm pretty darn sure zilviakid wasn't even thinking about those factors.

so... wait.. your saying if i account for inflation, the gen coupe of our time would of been cheaper than the s14 of 97 and 98? and that if you take away technological addvances such as dbw, navi, and an abs system that rivals f1 tech from the early 90's? and wide ban 02 factory tuning? that might account for like.... 10% of the hp and maybe 10mpg, even so..... it think its fucking retarded to say that the gen coupe is a worse choice than an s14... but to be fair its also retarded to say a 93 z32 is better than a 03 z33 just because its turbo... in all it's not even a fair comparison. 240's are great, I love them, but i might just say fuck everything and get a hyundai or get a better job and get a 370..... but 2 things that would probably never happen anyways.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #306
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
When the Genesis coupe hits America the only people that will be buying them new are Koreans and ricers. Koreans will buy anything simple because its Korean. I've seen and know too many with brand new Tiburons, Sonatas and Amanti's to tell me otherwise. No real car guy in their right mind would spend 24k for this POS. Sorry, theres just to many better cars out there for the money. Come back in 5 years when these things are 8k.
Baka Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #307
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'd give it a chance to prove itself before dismissing (or approving). If this car does do well, I think the 18k 4cycl model will be the one to get, if the engine has decent tuning potential. regardless, I think it will do well commercially by stealing a lot of the Scion TC sales. it's more or less in the same price range, seems to target younger kids, and might impress some auto enthusiasts as it has done here. All it has to acheive, is some decent level in performance, keep the price reasonable, and I'm sure it'll do ok. 18k for a new rwd turbo car is a fair deal.

the 24k range will certainly be super competitive. personally the v6 model isn't quite as appealing to me considering the alternatives. unless you must have rwd, the new wrx, lancer ralliart, cobalt ss & mazdaspeed 3 will be tough to surpass.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #308
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

OTG Vinyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothonaleash View Post
Are we looking forward to the release of a stock s14? Are we thinking about paying $xx,xxx for a stock s14?

That's a disappointment... Hyundai's got some thinking to do about what they want to see come out of this car.
What was an S14 NEW?

OTG Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #309
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
a stock s14 doesnt cost even close to what this does though.
They were $23kish new, and not including the inflation that has happened in eleven years.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #310
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
You also have to take into consideration that the S14 (in NA at least) was meant to be more a boulevard cruiser probably for middle aged ppl, than the performance car it was meant to be in Japan. The Genesis coupe seems to be targeting a younger demographic and auto enthusiasts. Totally different demographic.

If the S14 was released today for even 18k, I sure as hell would not buy it considering the work it needs in suspension and brakes alone. not to mention the overpowered, sloppy steering, unsupportive seats, etc. The open diff on some base models was just downright dangerous.
My s14 ended up being by far my most expensive project ever, because almost all of the factory equipment was so inadequate. The Silvia's in Japan were probably much better setup from the factory for performance driving, but the US models were more or less garbage imo.

I'd be really reluctant to use the US-spec S14's as benchmark for a decent performance rwd car. Miatas on the other hand used to be very reasonable. I think they started out at 12k. They were cheap rwd cars that were pretty much track ready straight from the factory.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #311
irax
Post Whore!

yeah but miatas arn't cheap anymore.

and no the s14 was not meant to be a cruiser, the 300zx was, to be honest i don't know what the s14 was supposed to be, but i know in japan it was marketed as a secretary's car, a womans car. "Art Force Silvia" to me in the late 90's seem more feminine where as today it would seem more urban. If the s14 came out today it would be a shitty car, hands down. But if it came out today with the same kind of tech the z33 or even b15 sentra has it would be a great car. so you really have to put that into consideration.

also ronmcdon, did you buy an s14 new?
Old 12-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #312
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
You also have to take into consideration that the S14 (in NA at least) was meant to be more a boulevard cruiser probably for middle aged ppl, than the performance car it was meant to be in Japan. The Genesis coupe seems to be targeting a younger demographic and auto enthusiasts. Totally different demographic.

If the S14 was released today for even 18k, I sure as hell would not buy it considering the work it needs in suspension and brakes alone. not to mention the overpowered, sloppy steering, unsupportive seats, etc. The open diff on some base models was just downright dangerous.
My s14 ended up being by far my most expensive project ever, because almost all of the factory equipment was so inadequate. The Silvia's in Japan were probably much better setup from the factory for performance driving, but the US models were more or less garbage imo.

I'd be really reluctant to use the US-spec S14's as benchmark for a decent performance rwd car. Miatas on the other hand used to be very reasonable. I think they started out at 12k. They were cheap rwd cars that were pretty much track ready straight from the factory.
I assure you, the Genesis is not aimed at young "ricers", nor was the S14. Therefore, as FR coupes, they are almost directly comparable IMO.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #313
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama View Post
When the Genesis coupe hits America the only people that will be buying them new are Koreans and ricers. Koreans will buy anything simple because its Korean. I've seen and know too many with brand new Tiburons, Sonatas and Amanti's to tell me otherwise.
this statement cant be more true
Old 12-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #314
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
yeah but miatas arn't cheap anymore.

and no the s14 was not meant to be a cruiser, the 300zx was, to be honest i don't know what the s14 was supposed to be, but i know in japan it was marketed as a secretary's car, a womans car. "Art Force Silvia" to me in the late 90's seem more feminine where as today it would seem more urban. If the s14 came out today it would be a shitty car, hands down. But if it came out today with the same kind of tech the z33 or even b15 sentra has it would be a great car. so you really have to put that into consideration.

also ronmcdon, did you buy an s14 new?
Miatas today aren't such a great deal. I think they start out now at around 22-23k somewhere thereabouts for the base models. creature comforts are ultra spartan, for better or worse. Miatas during the first and sec gen were a fair value.

What I was trying to emphasize (my apologies for not being clear), is that in the US, during the time when S14's were avail (95-98?), the Miata should have been considered the benchmark of a cheap hi-po rwd car. I've owned a 92 miata for couple years, done some track days, spent almost nothing in upgrades save for tires. i can say with certainty it was good.

Agreed if the S14 (in US spec at least) were to be released today, it wouldn't be very good. however, I'd go further to state it wasn't that great of a car back in 95-98 either, if you wanted something that performed well in stock trim. it just wasn't made for that.

I have no doubt that Nissan could make a great modern Silvia if they wanted to, but so far that just hasn't happened.

No I didn't get a S14 new. I didn't even consider it at the time.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #315
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl View Post
I assure you, the Genesis is not aimed at young "ricers", nor was the S14. Therefore, as FR coupes, they are almost directly comparable IMO.
I never implied either car were targeted towards ricers. I said the Genesis coupe might appeal to younger car buyers, auto enthusiasts and Scion TC owners. in no way did imply that either group were ricers or in any negative light.

Everything is comparable depending on your perspective. I'm just not convinced that Nissan's target demographic for a new, stock S14 back in 95-98 is the same as the Genesis Coupe's. The only similarity I can see between the two cars (in stock trim, US-spec) is rwd, a coupe body, and 2 doors. Besides, I don't think it's fair draw any solid conclusions about what the Hyundai is like before it proves itself. I will admit I'm optimistic with Hyudai's effort, but I'm not going to say I'm convinced its a good car ever without reviews outside of the manufacturer.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #316
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah you buy a 10 + year old car and all of that isn't going to be great unless its ultra low miles. a buddy of mine bought an s14 98 kouki that had 14k miles. 14,830 original miles. And that thing was fucking sweet, it handled great for a stock car. All the viscous bushings were perfect, it handled exactly how nissan designed it to.Depending on what the car was designed for is going to dictate the seats, s14 seats are good but nothing compared to skyline seats, or shit CTR or ITR seats. And an open diff was for fair weather markets. In Canada they ALL came with VLSD's but that won't take the stupid out of you when your driving. The JDM s14's did have 4 pot front brakes and i think thicker sways.

Quote:
No I didn't get a S14 new. I didn't even consider it at the time.
if you didn't own one new, then how could you say they handled sloppy?

look i know, i'm wasting my time defending a 10 year old car too, but just compare new to new, and not your experience of 10 year old to new. I know this car isn't going to be better than a g or a 370z, its probably more comparable to the 03-04 350z or an s15. I don't know I just love the way they look.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:25 AM   #317
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
this statement cant be more true
the koreans supporting their domestic market yes, ricers... not so much

i'm seriously thinking about one.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #318
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah you buy a 10 + year old car and all of that isn't going to be great unless its ultra low miles. a buddy of mine bought an s14 98 kouki that had 14k miles. 14,830 original miles. And that thing was fucking sweet, it handled great for a stock car. All the viscous bushings were perfect, it handled exactly how nissan designed it to.Depending on what the car was designed for is going to dictate the seats, s14 seats are good but nothing compared to skyline seats, or shit CTR or ITR seats. And an open diff was for fair weather markets. In Canada they ALL came with VLSD's but that won't take the stupides and i think thicker sways.

if you didn't own one new, then how could you say they handled sloppy?

look i know, i'm wasting my time defending a 10 year old car too, but just compare new to new, and not your experience of 10 year old to new. I know this car isn't going to be better than a g or a 370z, its probably more comparable to the 03-04 350z or an s15. I don't know I just love the way they look.
True that it isn't entirely fair to compare a used, older car to a brand new one. The condition of the vehicle is subject to different levels of abuse. I very much doubt that the majority of S14 owners here got their cars new, but that doesn't mean that all efforts at comparison are void, even if not 100% fair. Most of us here can only post what we've experienced personally. Even the S14 model you drove was also used. It could have been even a better when brand new. Could also be that the SE models were far better setup than the base models. The addition of a viscious lsd & a rear bar alone might have made a noticeably positive change.

I can only compare it other used cars Ive owned. 89 crx si, 92 miata, 93 fd-rx7, 95 civic vx, even a 99 vw passat. All were setup better from the factory for performance driving with minimal parts needed to be reliable, consistent, capable on the racetrack & autoX. Some of the newer cars arent always optimal either. One of the newer cars I've owned in the past, the 06 STi had horribly light steering as well. All were taken to the track & autoX, so that I could get to know the cars better. I've never drifted, but maybe the S14 would be better suited for that the S14 was just not that good of a car when it came to feedback and performance. It was the worst handling and least confidence inspiring (due to lack of overall feedback) of all vehicles I've owned, stock or otherwise.

Power steering feedback is difficult to compare, because there isn't an objective quantifiable #. Looking at 1 isolated variable could be meaningless. However, when you see a pattern of all parts geared more towards comfortable driving (seats, small brakes that overheat easily, soft suspension, modest acceleration figures etc), then I'd be more inclined to believe car wasn't designed to be a performance car to begin with and/or it was the result of cost cutting measures (totally understandable, as Nissan has to make $).

I'm not bashing the US-spec S14 base trim as a bad car, Im just not too convinced it was built to serve high-performance driving that Genesis Coupe seems to be intended for, and the parts list seem to reflect that (turbo 4 or 300+ hp v6, bremo brakes, supportive buckets, etc) If the S14 was really meant to be a car for secretaries as some say, then I'll agree it was probably much more appropriate for that purpose. Maybe with the right parts and suspension tuning it can be a great car.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 12-26-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #319
sb253
Zilvia Member

sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to sb253
do want +123
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #320
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
This thread has 11 pages of which I dont feel like reading them all but the motor in this car will be the same turbo 4 cylinder as the Evo X. 4B11T I think is the engine name.

So for people saying wait til the car proves itself I believe the powertrain aspect of this is already being done. The same cant be said for the rest of the car obviously.

I am kind of expected this cars weak point to be the transmission but time will tell.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #321
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
It's a nice car, but who here can really afford one?

I know I can't, and I'd rather not have to make payments every month..

with a 240sx, I own the car, I don't make payments, and It has potential to be fast.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #322
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Price is Right Bitch!

Genesis Coupe starts at $22,000!

2.0T R Type stripped model starts at $23,750.

306hp car starts at $25,000.

Prices sound about right to me.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #323
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
This thread has 11 pages of which I dont feel like reading them all but the motor in this car will be the same turbo 4 cylinder as the Evo X. 4B11T I think is the engine name.

So for people saying wait til the car proves itself I believe the powertrain aspect of this is already being done. The same cant be said for the rest of the car obviously.

I am kind of expected this cars weak point to be the transmission but time will tell.
I have an evo x, and actually I am not that impressed with the engine. Really lacks top end, and the power-band isn't very smooth. Mitsu has offered at least 2 (if not 4) factory re-flashes to the ecu, and still the powerband feels a bit inconsistent at times.

There was really little reason to move away from the stout & proven 4g63 to the 4b11. It seems to fare well as a power-maker (based on what I find on evolutionm.net, but I'm not too impressed with the setup from the factory. Mitsu seems to have trouble getting the right tune for the engine, but at least they're trying. The 11 also hasn't proven itself as much 63, as you figure the X was released only a bit more than a year. Likewise if the Genesis turbo is released, I think it might take them some time to work out the bugs.

For the aftermarket, there are a good of options out there, and it does seem to be developing at a fairly rapid rate. No doubt the Genesis coupe can take full advantage of this.

If you had to get a genesis w/ the turbo 4b11, I'd probably wait till the second model year after they've worked out the kinks. I suspect there might be quite a few.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #324
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

that is indeed fabulous.
interesting how the stripped model is more expensive,
but i also wager they threw in some additional performance orientated goodies in there as well.
Right now, I'm just dying to see the specs and test results.

I'd really like to see how this turns out. I'm almost sold.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #325
cnile51
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
cnile51 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
For what its worth, I don't think the genesis is a POS. According to the guys that have already been messing with it, the motor in the Genesis is a 4b11T or a variant of the 4b11T.

Same motor in the Evo X built by Hyundai. If someone asked me about buying a Hyundai 5 years ago, I woulda said EH Ill pass. But they've been doing some pretty good shyt lately.

In this vid they put on a GT30R turbo. Looks impressive at about 360 Whp and 300 or so ft/lbs. I am going to wait and check it out. Sounds like a winning combo. I have seen some places say that this motor can take 28-29 PSI but thats just speculation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UN0...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mxxJlw7C-E

Heres the 3.8 V6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xokgz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7wZA...eature=related

-Nas
cnile51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #326
reaxion
Zilvia Junkie

reaxion is making a name for him/her selfreaxion is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to reaxion
I remember wanting to get a used kouki back in 99...at the least they were going for around 15k or so...and back in 98 when I started driving, you could pick up a s13 coupe or fastback for ridiculously dirt cheap...and then fast and the furious happened.
reaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #327
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama View Post
When the Genesis coupe hits America the only people that will be buying them new are Koreans and ricers. Koreans will buy anything simple because its Korean. I've seen and know too many with brand new Tiburons, Sonatas and Amanti's to tell me otherwise. No real car guy in their right mind would spend 24k for this POS. Sorry, theres just to many better cars out there for the money. Come back in 5 years when these things are 8k.

I am korean and none of my korean friends have KIA nor HYUNDAI...

and yes we do hate HYUNDAI and KIA....(specially car enthusiast)

ofcourse i would like to help domestic market but making crappy cars since day 1....

but i hate to say...

they have improved and i would get one.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #328
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
.... man. I might really get one of these, I just don't want to have the car that everyone and their grandmother is driving. 23k for the R type sounds NICE.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #329
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Just to add onto your post: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe to start at $22,000 - Autoblog
Old 02-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #330
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
that is indeed fabulous.
interesting how the stripped model is more expensive,
but i also wager they threw in some additional performance orientated goodies in there as well.
Right now, I'm just dying to see the specs and test results.

I'd really like to see how this turns out. I'm almost sold.
That's because the R Type has the neccessary goodies to make us drool like stability control, ABS, electronic brake force distribution, 19-inch wheels, Brembos, a Torsen limited-slip differential, a beefier suspension and summer-only Potenzas and it's sans Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls.

That is EXACTLY how I want to purchase a new SX or whatever RWD coupe I choose in the future. More fun stuff and less pointless fluff.