Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #61
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
G35ttbaconboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdminspiredcd7 View Post
well for your how many cans question,it takes 30 cans to do a full outside job, not including inside the doors,trunk gutter thing, or under the hood. get the dollar flat blck cans from walmart and you could have a $30.00 dollar paint job like this

oh and sand it with like 1000 sandpaper to give it a smooth finish and a bit of gloss..LOL..
that shit looks sick man i want the silvia nose soon
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #62
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35ttbaconboy View Post
Thanks alot i bought 30 cans 4 $31.50 =D ok guys seriously before i bought the car i put it on a lift and looked the dent on the side has no frame damage at all my friend who does body work came with me to buy the car the car runs has no frame rust the only real problem this car body wise ever had was the previous owner when the breaks went out slid into his car in the drive way and cracked the bumper and dented the hood very slight. nothing structral is damaged but that quarter panle. all i need to buy that i dont have is some good suspinsion and that aint yet cause broke! more worryed about getting the brakes fixed any ways thanks all u guys who care
SERIOUSLY SPELL CHECK AND PUNCTUATION!!!!

Your gonna paint it without fixing any of the body damage?!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #63
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
advice.

go to the junkyard and get both fenders and a door. this would cost like fifty bucks around here, your mileage may vary. this will be less bodywork later. replacing a panel is easier than bondoing it. pick up some seven spokes while you're there.
while you're at it, might as well get a chuki bumper since they look waaaaay better (OOOH TAKE THAT PIGNOSE). don't forget the extensions.

when you get filler from autozone, don't get Bondo, spend a few bucks more and get Dynalite. it's a much better product, in my opinion.

that rust looks nightmarish, at least on passenger rocker. if the rails are similar, i'd honestly just try to sell the car for what i paid. if the rails are solid, i'd go ahead and cut out the rust with a cutting wheel and get somebody to weld in some sheet. then i'd paint over the mess with rustoleum and cover it with some canadian side skirts. the rest of the rust doesn't look truly awful... you could probably get away with fiberglass bondo and mesh.

don't get a quart, just go ahead and get the gallon.

i'm about to start redoing bodywork on my 240.. ugh. TAKE YOUR TIME and do it right the first time. DO NOT rush your work, or the results will suck as bad as what you already have. i did all the work on my car when i was 18, and it really, really shows.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #64
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Thanks alot i bought 30 cans 4 $31.50 =D ok guys seriously before i bought the car i put it on a lift and looked the dent on the side has no frame damage at all my friend who does body work came with me to buy the car the car runs has no frame rust the only real problem this car body wise ever had was the previous owner when the breaks went out slid into his car in the drive way and cracked the bumper and dented the hood very slight. nothing structral is damaged but that quarter panle. all i need to buy that i dont have is some good suspinsion and that aint yet cause broke! more worryed about getting the brakes fixed any ways thanks all u guys who care
Orly? Pics or Fail.

Fuck it, let's just cut to the chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #65
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
Why do people buy beat ass cars for cheap, when it would be cheaper just to pay a little more for a cleaner car. "I only paid 400 bucks", just wait till you start to try and fix everything, this thing will be a money pit.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #66
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
uhh does that thing even run????
Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #67
BBSilvia
Zilvia Addict

BBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeBBSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BBSilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I got three words in and gave up. Motherfucker needs to take a reading and writing class.
haha thats what i did, and flat black is eh but its really up to you
Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #68
mkiv98
Zilvia Junkie

mkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of lightmkiv98 is a glorious beacon of light
jesus what a piece of shit

lavender is ok...but goddamn. loosen the purse strings a little.

and fucking learn to write. at least I won't feel bad about another crashed 240 when you "drift" into your friends. you remind me of this kid i knew in high school with a sohc that kept challenging me and my 88 M3 to "races" until he smashed his control arms into a curb.

poor car already has cancer and aids, now with you it's gonna get polio.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #69
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Rattlecanning and especially flat black just screams I don't care enough about my car to give it a real paint job. I mean seriously for $300 you can have a decent paint job.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #70
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92884 View Post
Why do people buy beat ass cars for cheap, when it would be cheaper just to pay a little more for a cleaner car. "I only paid 400 bucks", just wait till you start to try and fix everything, this thing will be a money pit.
quoted for truth.
i'm 16. lmfao.
bought my s14 earlier this year from my uncle.
thinking. wow, 1300 for an s14 what a deal!
boom! bodywork this, balljoints this, tires this, brakes this.
i'm at 2700 total value of my car.
and its
1.still rusty.
2.still automatic.

sold it for 2500.

oh well.
live and learn. i sure have.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #71
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Rattlecanning and especially flat black just screams I don't care enough about my car to give it a real paint job. I mean seriously for $300 you can have a decent paint job.
or that I don't like Aztec red, and like flat black. hahahahahaha
Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #72
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
SERIOUSLY SPELL CHECK AND PUNCTUATION!!!!

Your gonna paint it without fixing any of the body damage?!

no im getting the work done during the week
Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #73
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
or that I don't like Aztec red, and like flat black. hahahahahaha
But, you know you are a very minute segment of the rattle canned flat black crew.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #74
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Quote:
the color looks so purple i will be laughed at if i go to race
It's pathetic that you care about getting laughed at.

It's more pathetic that people will actually be laughing at you, not your car.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #75
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
advice.

go to the junkyard and get both fenders and a door. this would cost like fifty bucks around here, your mileage may vary. this will be less bodywork later. replacing a panel is easier than bondoing it. pick up some seven spokes while you're there.
while you're at it, might as well get a chuki bumper since they look waaaaay better (OOOH TAKE THAT PIGNOSE). don't forget the extensions.

when you get filler from autozone, don't get Bondo, spend a few bucks more and get Dynalite. it's a much better product, in my opinion.

that rust looks nightmarish, at least on passenger rocker. if the rails are similar, i'd honestly just try to sell the car for what i paid. if the rails are solid, i'd go ahead and cut out the rust with a cutting wheel and get somebody to weld in some sheet. then i'd paint over the mess with rustoleum and cover it with some canadian side skirts. the rest of the rust doesn't look truly awful... you could probably get away with fiberglass bondo and mesh.

don't get a quart, just go ahead and get the gallon.

i'm about to start redoing bodywork on my 240.. ugh. TAKE YOUR TIME and do it right the first time. DO NOT rush your work, or the results will suck as bad as what you already have. i did all the work on my car when i was 18, and it really, really shows.
thanks but i have a fast back im gonna use the hood from i also have the chuki front but i dont like it i think im gonna let my friend take care of the dent and body work give him the black door i have and just flat the car untill march i will get the silvia nose and paint the whole car gray that is my plan for it ohh and KA-T!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #76
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftrofl View Post
It's pathetic that you care about getting laughed at.

It's more pathetic that people will actually be laughing at you, not your car.
For reals.

My car will be either metallic purple or gold with some neon flake but everyone will think it's fire tits. I also don't race. One more reason I think you're a fuck tard.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #77
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92884 View Post

honestly i agree BUT I HAVE A WHOLE PARTS CAR!!!!!!! if i did not i would have not bought this i have a whole swap to do care should be done by mid January
Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #78
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
thanks but i have a fast back im gonna use the hood from i also have the chuki front but i dont like it i think im gonna let my friend take care of the dent and body work give him the black door i have and just flat the car untill march i will get the silvia nose and paint the whole car gray that is my plan for it ohh and KA-T!!!
Let me quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Troopers
I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

Quote:
My car will be either metallic purple or gold with some neon flake but everyone will think it's fire tits. I also don't race. One more reason I think you're a fuck tard.
QFW

Quoted
For
Win

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #79
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv98 View Post
jesus what a piece of shit

lavender is ok...but goddamn. loosen the purse strings a little.

and fucking learn to write. at least I won't feel bad about another crashed 240 when you "drift" into your friends. you remind me of this kid i knew in high school with a sohc that kept challenging me and my 88 M3 to "races" until he smashed his control arms into a curb.

poor car already has cancer and aids, now with you it's gonna get polio.
LMFAO i have a friend with a m3 lmfaoo the same year lol
Old 12-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #80
S13_Nightkid
Zilvia Junkie

S13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven_ View Post
quoted for truth.
i'm 16. lmfao.
bought my s14 earlier this year from my uncle.
thinking. wow, 1300 for an s14 what a deal!
boom! bodywork this, balljoints this, tires this, brakes this.
i'm at 2700 total value of my car.
and its
1.still rusty.
2.still automatic.

sold it for 2500.

oh well.
live and learn. i sure have.
QFT. i got my s13 2 years ago when i was 17. Bought it for 1300. Spent about 2 grand on it and its still pretty much stock.

To the OP 400$ is cool and everything, but when the car collapses on jack stands because of the rusty underbody or throws a rod, etc. Youll be thinking in the back of your head saying WTF? Why did I buy this shit again?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #81
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Yo dawgy homie.

Wanna race?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #82
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Yo dawgy homie.

Wanna race?
What's the retail on one of those?

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #83
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

When its done all u people will eat your words so far i only spent 490 im adding it up. when im done i will post pics along the way and give a total. U all shall see i put that on my grave unless i die which i know most of u hope happens to me but.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #84
S14Bahu

S14Bahu is an unknown quantity at this point
If he even considers that telling him to spell check and use proper grammar is completely in vain.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #85
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Can someone recommend a good clutch to buy for about 100 bucks do not want any thing crazy hard but firm. my bro is telling me to buy a factory clutch but i never drove one that was new is it very firm cause since i drove my dads mx-6 turbo wit a raceing clutch i fell in love with it
Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #86
shift_240_s13

shift_240_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
keep that shit
Old 12-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #87
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
The car as is will be worth double what you will get for a dented up and rusty flat black car.

Rattle canning your car will not do shit for its looks, or make you a street racer.
It will make you a ricer.

If you leave the lavender frost, like you should, it will get respect at meets and throughout the 240 community as a whole. Its an original Lavender frost S13 with a trunk rack. I would keep it that way or sell/trade for a piece of shit you can rattle can and drift into a parked car.

doing a SOHC swap to DOHC is a waste of time and money. Its about 10 HP but lower compression. My SOHC is actually faster than the DOHC's on the track.

First thing you should do is return the paint, and buy a new oil filter and oil right away.
Oil change
flush the brake fluid
replace master cylinder for clutch
clean entire engine and watch for leaks over the next week
replace spark plugs
check brake lines for cracks
check fuel lines for cracks
look for worn bushings
flush radiator

thats where your money should go.
Once that stuff is done, the car will be with you long enough for you to start having bodywork done.

Silvia front
bodywork done
repaint lavenderfrost (leave door jams and under the hood the original lavender frost)
coil overs
18"/17" stagered Vienna Dish rims

think about it
VIP rims on a dumped, original lavenderfrost S13 coupe.
Can anyone say Team Burst???

But hey, fuck the maintenece and paint it flat black then.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #88
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
honestly i agree BUT I HAVE A WHOLE PARTS CAR!!!!!!! if i did not i would have not bought this i have a whole swap to do care should be done by mid January
This kid is amazing! Also if this is what your "actual" car looks like, I would HATE to see what kind of condition your parts car is in. I almost would find it hard to believe it could be in any worse shape...
Old 12-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #89
S13_Nightkid
Zilvia Junkie

S13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Can someone recommend a good clutch to buy for about 100 bucks do not want any thing crazy hard but firm. my bro is telling me to buy a factory clutch but i never drove one that was new is it very firm cause since i drove my dads mx-6 turbo wit a raceing clutch i fell in love with it
uhh exedy..and pics of the parts car plz. k thx
Old 12-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #90
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Pics of parts car!!!!!!!

If your coupe is rusty and has all the seals and lines cracking, then what are the parts on the other car like?? LMAO!!
Closed Thread