Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
rxspeed7

Trader Rating: (0)
rxspeed7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
high compression sr20det with 3582r?

i was just given a new turbo and was wondering what you guys thought on possibly running this on my high compression sr20det. right now my mods are as follows
s14 sr20de bottom end(10:1 cr)
s13 sr20det turbo head
brian crower 264 cams
cosworth 1.8mm h/g
arp head studs
greddy intake manifold
gt2871rs
stock 370cc inj( going to go to 740's with this turbo)
sard fpr and -6 line
rs enthalpy tune(going to retune for this turbo)
now my main question is do you guys think at 10-14 pounds on this 3582r with a .82a/r t3 turbo my motor could handle this? thanks in advance
rxspeed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
rxspeed7

anyone....
Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
480sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
480sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You will need to at least run meth injection or E85 for this to be smart. E85 would be your best bet. It can be done, tuning will need to be perfect and done by a pro. You would be much better off if this was a daily driver to just go low comp.
480sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i dont see any problems with running this turbo.. the bigger injectors will be a MUST as well as a good tune as stated above. your motor will make quite a bit of power with that compression and turbo!! can wait to see the numbers. just make sure everything else is up to par...

all you need is a fender puller, some zip ties, and a blog.
vaughn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
pwr-adr
Leaky Injector

pwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the rough
I would consider getting a smaller headgasket. Why so thick? From my experience the thicker the head gasket, the less lifetime it has and the more it loosens up the head bolts/studs. A thinner gasket will obviously raise the compression ratio but isn't that the point of your build anyways?

High compression turbo motors are unbeatable given a good tune. You can't run as much boost but you don't need to given the much much much better and streetable powerband and efficiency. I am currently building my sr (9.2:1 c.r.) in combo with a built p'n'p head and hks2540r. The biggest thing is having enough fuel and getting your timing right on.. High c.r. and boost FTW!

I would however consider getting a standalone. ROM tunes are good for the price but with a set up like you are planning on, I wouldn't go any route other than standalone. It pays to have the ability to FINE tune your car, high comp turbo motors can really benefit from a crisp smooth tune more so than N/A or low comp boosted applications.
pwr-adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Matman03
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Matman03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am running 18 psi on stock internals and daily drive my car Hard...have had no problem except some fouled plugs.
Matman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
rxspeed7

^^^^ on a high compression motor?