Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #61
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87 View Post
while biden obama get us back into surplus mode.
No, they won't. Don't kid yourself.

Neither government will fix what's wrong with this country, they'll just exacerbate things.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #62
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
well put. my drunk posts on zilvia could not be better said. let alone argue with mr. super admin. hes just lookin for someone to bitch him out and ban em. instigating, wanting a rise. i mean really, why else does he post this bullcrap? really thinkin he'll change the way people vote? LMAO!!!
Actually, I'd been avoiding this thread because I am tired of the election nonsense, but I will NOT allow you to HONESTLY think that RJF would ban someone because they disagree with his tireless fanship of all things GOP. I mean, seriously, if he were petty enough to ban people for having opinions that differed his own, I would not have been made a moderator after LAST election season, and there would be plenty of users banned by now.

Now, since I am in this thread...

There will be an international crisis NO MATTER WHO is president, watch. McCain gets in and someone(s) will take upon the task of FURTHER exhausting the military, playing directly against the nature that McCaint's has apparently presented himself as having. Unhappy with having lost in Vietnam, he will be far too ignorant to admit defeat ANYWHERE ELSE in the world until he is dead. This will create an immense strain on the military strength and FURTHER strain on US funds, which will weaken the US.
If Obama, they will HOPE he will be weak and vulnerable, thus making direct attacks on the US more effective. If he DOES come out with the gloves off and fights back hard, funds and military will be similarly exhausted and we'll be just as screwed.
This election is a lose/lose situation.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #63
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
There will be an international crisis NO MATTER WHO is president, watch. McCain gets in and someone(s) will take upon the task of FURTHER exhausting the military, playing directly against the nature that McCaint's has apparently presented himself as having. Unhappy with having lost in Vietnam, he will be far too ignorant to admit defeat ANYWHERE ELSE in the world until he is dead. This will create an immense strain on the military strength and FURTHER strain on US funds, which will weaken the US.
If Obama, they will HOPE he will be weak and vulnerable, thus making direct attacks on the US more effective. If he DOES come out with the gloves off and fights back hard, funds and military will be similarly exhausted and we'll be just as screwed.
Couldn't agree more.

Not to mention the fact that Obama will be the first African American president if elected, that's going to bring him all sorts of trouble. It's sad racism still exists in the world, but there's not much we can do about it. People have certain mindsets. You can't force them to think otherwise.

Also, the RJF thing, I see this thread more as an open debate rather than "oh no, he has the big bold name. I must fear for my life and make sure I don't post up attacks against Mccain because then he'll ban me!"

Mccain is old and like a robot to me. Smile seems very fake and the moment he gets elected as president, that smile will go away and there will be no more "Mr Nice Guy".

But, that's just me. Not everybody agrees with me.

Haha.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #64
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Not to mention the fact that Obama will be the first African American president if elected, that's going to bring him all sorts of trouble.
I HATE that people are saying that. Are there racist people? sure. But I can guarantee you more people currently hate Bush than will ever hate Obama for his skin color and he's still alive. And a lot of people keep saying "I don't think America is ready for a black President" thats just code speak for "I don't think I'm ready". Since when was any place "ready" for a first black "insert position of power here" ever in history? If black people wait for any place to be ready, they'll never advance. Go read a black history book people!!! WTF is ready. If where not "ready" now we'll never be. Its the year 200-FUCKING-8! Soon to be 2009, I mean seriously.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #65
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
BULLSHIT. I HATE that people are saying stupid shit like that. Are there racist people? sure. But I can guarantee you more people currently hate Bush than will ever hate Obama for his skin color and he's still alive. And a lot of people keep saying "I don't think America is ready for a black President" thats just code speak for "I don't think I'm ready". Since when was any place "ready" for a first black "insert position of power here" ever in history? If black people wait for any place to be ready, they'll never advance. Go read a black history book people!!! WTF is ready. If where not "ready" now we'll never be. Its the year 200-FUCKING-8! Soon to be 2009, I mean seriously.
Part of me wants to agree with you, part of me sees it slightly different.
There is a seething racial hatred in this country that does not come to the surface until it has to, take note of how middle easterners have been treated since 09/11, and the way that Barack's name has been used to try and lump him into that group. I am a black man, born to parents born in the 50's in the middle of civil rights, I have seen the pictures in my grandmother's album, I have heard the stories, and I refuse to believe that it was all just turned off at the flip of a switch.
Yes, people likely hate George Bush for very tangible reasons, all more tangible than the simple fact that Barack's skin is brown or that his middle name is Hussein, but ingrained hate is one that drives people to irrational actions, even to this very day. Even mind would tell one that assassinating a president is generally a bad idea, basically akin to signing one's own death certificate, BUT I am more than sure that there is someone who would be the one to hit Barack's shell and get his name in a history book, in the name of "saving the sanctity of this fine country."
The riots would be un-fucking-believable. If you thought Watts in 65 and LA in 92 were bad, imagine nationwide rioting. I could very much see it happening if something happens.
Yes, as a black man, I am a bit excited that a black man is in position where it looks more and more likely to become the next president of this country, but I ALSO worry HARD about his safety. And yes, the danger he faces us extra real. I won't say the "not ready for a black president," THAT time was 20-30 years ago, where he would have surely been dead before it ever came to this. It's rare that anyone is ready for anything new until it is upon them. Guess what, folks? The time is upon us.

And I write too!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #66
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Don't blame me.. I voted for Ron Paul.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #67
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Do all the people voting for him count as racists? It'd be racists for whites voting for McCain because he's white, no?

Regardless, it's like giving you a black and white marker, saying pick your favorite color, when it really may be green.

Either way, we're going to go through a lot of shit with either of them. Might as well start preparing.
Deftec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #68
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
Don't blame me.. I voted for Ron Paul.
Ahhh...
Ron Paul, no real chance of winning, only in the election at this point on that chance of becoming this year's Ralph Nader to someone's Al Gore.
I am willing to pay to see Gore vs. Nader in a deathmatch.

And I write too!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #69
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Man people will say anything to hate on Obama!!! damn!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #70
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

Agreed that it's probably going to be bad for our economy no matter what. however, if money needs to be spent, at least I'd rather it be for something reasonable. I'm actually glad that at least Obama sees that we should have focused on OBL ("We need to kill Bin Laden!") and securing Afghanistan, rather than wasting resources in Iraq. To me that makes a whole lot more sense than McCain's staying in Iraq, as long as needed be.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #71
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I HATE that people are saying that. Are there racist people? sure. But I can guarantee you more people currently hate Bush than will ever hate Obama for his skin color and he's still alive. And a lot of people keep saying "I don't think America is ready for a black President" thats just code speak for "I don't think I'm ready". Since when was any place "ready" for a first black "insert position of power here" ever in history? If black people wait for any place to be ready, they'll never advance. Go read a black history book people!!! WTF is ready. If where not "ready" now we'll never be. Its the year 200-FUCKING-8! Soon to be 2009, I mean seriously.
x2. I'm really shocked W hasn't been assassinated as of yet. personally I wouldn't worry too much about Obama's safety. The few rednecks that are crazy enough to consider trying to take down Obama probably won't be competent enough to do so anyhow.

You figure if the secret service have been good enough to prevent any harm at all to Bush all these years, then a couple of backwater hicks shouldn't be an issue at all. Contrary to all the controversy that he'll get killed by some random bigot, I think the chance of something like that occuring is remote at best.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #72
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
x2. I'm really shocked W hasn't been assassinated as of yet. personally I wouldn't worry too much about Obama's safety. The few rednecks that are crazy enough to consider trying to take down Obama probably won't be competent enough to do so anyhow.

You figure if the secret service have been good enough to prevent any harm at all to Bush all these years, then a couple of backwater hicks shouldn't be an issue at all. Contrary to all the controversy that he'll get killed by some random bigot, I think the chance of something like that occuring is remote at best.
JFK
MLK
RFK
Malcolm X

::tinfoilhat::

And I write too!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #73
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET View Post
Man people will say anything to hate on Obama!!! damn!!!!
What are we hating on? It's a debate on who we are voting for and what we think about mcain and obama. Did you say oh man why are they hating on al gore? Or what about kerry? Why didn't you say that? Oh yea cause they are WHITE!

I'm tired of hearing oh man you are racist that's why you arent voting for obama! I hear that shit all day long. Get the fuck over your selves.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #74
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
From a Canadian perspective

Why don't you guys realize that talking on the internet about politics doesn't solve the problem. It never will. Get back to work and stop expecting the government to fix everything.

If there are no jobs, create them. Jezus.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #75
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
edit, go on get the last word on what I said. Still doesnt fix it.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #76
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
JFK
MLK
RFK
Malcolm X

Obama should get a pope mobile.

It truly saddens me that even my own parents have deep seeded racist tendencies. Probably because they grew up in the early 50's and their town was literally segregated, and not one black person lived on their side of town. So sometimes when they talk about this election. All of that said they are very reasonable and are voting for Obama. I think in all actuality this is probably the biggest step in each of their lives to put that petty shit aside and do what they at least think is right for the country.

I also think it's funny that they spawned me. I am probably the most equal opportunity hater in the world. Everyone sucks, everything sucks, and skin color and ethnicity has nothing to do with that.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #77
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Part of me wants to agree with you, part of me sees it slightly different.
There is a seething racial hatred in this country that does not come to the surface until it has to, take note of how middle easterners have been treated since 09/11, and the way that Barack's name has been used to try and lump him into that group. I am a black man, born to parents born in the 50's in the middle of civil rights, I have seen the pictures in my grandmother's album, I have heard the stories, and I refuse to believe that it was all just turned off at the flip of a switch.
Yes, people likely hate George Bush for very tangible reasons, all more tangible than the simple fact that Barack's skin is brown or that his middle name is Hussein, but ingrained hate is one that drives people to irrational actions, even to this very day. Even mind would tell one that assassinating a president is generally a bad idea, basically akin to signing one's own death certificate, BUT I am more than sure that there is someone who would be the one to hit Barack's shell and get his name in a history book, in the name of "saving the sanctity of this fine country."
The riots would be un-fucking-believable. If you thought Watts in 65 and LA in 92 were bad, imagine nationwide rioting. I could very much see it happening if something happens.
Yes, as a black man, I am a bit excited that a black man is in position where it looks more and more likely to become the next president of this country, but I ALSO worry HARD about his safety. And yes, the danger he faces us extra real. I won't say the "not ready for a black president," THAT time was 20-30 years ago, where he would have surely been dead before it ever came to this. It's rare that anyone is ready for anything new until it is upon them. Guess what, folks? The time is upon us.
Ahh, you quoted me before my edit. Thought I should take out some anger as to not dilute the point I was making. Anyways, I think we are on the same page. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist. And I agree there is a danger, he received secret service agents earlier than any presidential candidate has before when beginning his campaign. But yeah, the time is now.

Quote:
JFK
MLK
RFK
Malcolm X

Well, there you go. Obama's initials don't end in a constenent, he's safe. lol.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #78
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I found this while doing research for my political science paper.

Enjoy.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote