Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
yaba94070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to yaba94070
ABS question???

my 240 does not have ABS and i wanted to ask memebrs with track exsperence is it better to have ABs or no abs i have never not had it but then again this is my first time going to a track with a RWD car...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
I just took mine out. saves you about 40 lbs out of the top of your engine bay. Better pedal feel, usually longer pad life, I have no regrets from taking mine out, other than that someone wont buy it off of craigslist.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg
I just took mine out. saves you about 40 lbs out of the top of your engine bay. Better pedal feel, usually longer pad life, I have no regrets from taking mine out, other than that someone wont buy it off of craigslist.
have you used it at a track yet???
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Yea, I take it up the mountains twice a week, and went to altamont last thursday, pedal feel is amazing.
However I have a 15/16" m/c and Z32 fronts with hawk pads, braided lines, and drilled and slotted rotors.

However I can guarantee (sp?) you that unless you want to just go into a corner, stand on your brakes and pray that the ABS doesnt fail, you will like not having ABS. with all the valves and electronics between the pedal and your calipers it makes for dull braking, also the ABS thud annoyed me.

Besides real racecars dont have ABS (with the exception of Formula 1?)

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

ya the abs thud pisses me off 2...
i just got custom prototype breaks from my sponser. there 13" in the front with a 4 piston break caliper, its a 2 peace rotor an im still debting weather to get them cross drilled, sloted, or both...
do you know which ones are better???\
i herd if you have stright drilled they can crack???
thanks man...
Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ABS Is a beneficiary to the track if you run long length track, close curve circuit w/ high speed ranges, straights etc. ABS all the way, I would recommend incorporating a brake bias system w/ the ABS, but as mentioned before, ABS will work as weight reduction as well, but running the track w/ POWER & STRENGHT, it wouldn't really make a noticable difference.

Intense braking with mid-to-high range heat production, tracks that you drift on, ABD is not recommended, lock-up is what you need when it comes to drift, drifting in interrupted weather conditions, snow, ice, and dirt, gravel. .. .ABS, when dealing with tracks like willowsprings, caliway, etc. .. .ABS is at the low end of the options roster. .. .

best regards

2//4
Old 04-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
yaba94070
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_YON_Zenki
ABS Is a beneficiary to the track if you run long length track, close curve circuit w/ high speed ranges, straights etc. ABS all the way, I would recommend incorporating a brake bias system w/ the ABS, but as mentioned before, ABS will work as weight reduction as well, but running the track w/ POWER & STRENGHT, it wouldn't really make a noticable difference.

Intense braking with mid-to-high range heat production, tracks that you drift on, ABD is not recommended, lock-up is what you need when it comes to drift, drifting in interrupted weather conditions, snow, ice, and dirt, gravel. .. .ABS, when dealing with tracks like willowsprings, caliway, etc. .. .ABS is at the low end of the options roster. .. .

best regards

2//4
thanks..
im gonna keep that in mind....