Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Kaizo Car: US Department of Justice Letter : 60 Days to Export or Surrender :

Vehicle Import: US Department of Justice Letter : 60 Days to Export or Surrender.

Letter one Kaizo customer received.

--
this was information was recieved from an Email sent to me by Sean Morris

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
AutoTune
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
AutoTune is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh

I

SEe

sON
Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
whaaaat!!!??? Damn, that blows.... but, yes.. too vague. This letter doesn't warn the recipient of definite/immediate action.

My YouTube Channel
Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
How many folks do you think is actually gonna give in to this?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
none.. shoot, i wouldn't...

My YouTube Channel
Old 08-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
nismolism
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nismolism is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
that guy needs to cash it in as a clunker...lol
Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
lol,
guy lives locally.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Its California, what the fork do you expect?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
wow that really sucks is that only for california residents with a kaizo cars or does that include the whole U.S?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
i would register it as a race car for off highway use. i'm gonna call that immigrations and customs enforcement special agent doosh named jeffrey eastman 949-250-1950 xt 230 and bother him with a bucket full of questions. see what he's doing to keep illigal immigrants from running in from mexico, and why this car seems like a problem.... i honestly don't see a problem with these super cars, the gembala or the ruf turbo cars coming in from germany, making gobs of power and some how being epa complient

Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
wow that really sucks is that only for california residents with a kaizo cars or does that include the whole U.S?
Its Federal, that letter is from the U.S. Attorney's office. Not a State of California . Now is it completely legal? That's hard to say. The U.S. Attorney that wrote it is definitely hesitant in the wording which creates a valid legal challenge in court.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
i'm gonna call that fbi doosh and bother him with a bucket full of questions.
hmm

not a bad idea
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Its Federal, that letter is from the U.S. Attorney's office. Not a State of California . Now is it completely legal? That's hard to say. The U.S. Attorney that wrote it is definitely hesitant in the wording which creates a valid legal challenge in court.
not only that but if the car was imported in parts there is absolutely nothing wrong with it it ha sbeen discussed many times over on the freshalloy forums

Review Thread
Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #14
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
Wow thats horrible, I wonder if changing it to a "race" car would stop the Feds or are they just trying to find ways to impound these cars. My other question is if they impound all the Skylines and whatnot. What will they do with them? Its not like they can resell them seeing that they are "not road legal" and I dont think US customs can just ship them back to Japan, theres no one there to take them. So what are their plans?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #15
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
i thought they had been doing this for a long time
all non R33s needs to be OUT
Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #16
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
DHS can suck my nuts
Old 08-17-2009, 01:37 AM   #17
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
so sad. governments suck. what can ya say

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:37 AM   #18
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS240sxS13 View Post
Wow thats horrible, I wonder if changing it to a "race" car would stop the Feds or are they just trying to find ways to impound these cars. My other question is if they impound all the Skylines and whatnot. What will they do with them? Its not like they can resell them seeing that they are "not road legal" and I dont think US customs can just ship them back to Japan, theres no one there to take them. So what are their plans?

I'd imagine they would do the same thing that the Car Manufacture's Cash for Clunkers deal would, seizing the motor and not allowing the resale of any of the car's parts, maybe in an attempt to stimulate the consumer purchase of newer cars/parts.

Or turn the car into a cube.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #19
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I never asked this since it's so annoying to hear about imported cars, but why don't people find a p.o.s s13 or s14 and swap all the vins onto their skylines? i mean how can a cop possibly prove that a skyline isn't a 240 w/ extensive fabbing to appear as a skyline?

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #20
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_dreams View Post
I never asked this since it's so annoying to hear about imported cars, but why don't people find a p.o.s s13 or s14 and swap all the vins onto their skylines? i mean how can a cop possibly prove that a skyline isn't a 240 w/ extensive fabbing to appear as a skyline?
that extensive fabbing and skyline motor would render the vehicle unfit for highway use anyway, so you'd still end up taking it off the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrms13 View Post
i thought they had been doing this for a long time
all non R33s needs to be OUT
it was an r33.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #21
180love
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
180love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
shitttt i would get a storage garage under a friends name or something to store it untill they give up or move onto bothering someone else...
Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #22
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
that extensive fabbing and skyline motor would render the vehicle unfit for highway use anyway, so you'd still end up taking it off the street.

it was an r33.

It's extensive fabbing, but there's nothing wrong with that. And i know more friends w/ rb's and sr's then ka's and they've had no problem when a cop popped their hoods. I can see this being a problem in cali, but not at all in ny.

www.tm-spl.com
Old 08-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #23
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry if this has be asked already but, How did the Government find out about the car?

Did the owner try to register it, therefore alerting the Government to it's existence?

I'm asking because a friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility of getting an R32 from Canada and using it as a race only chassis and never attempting to register it or drive it on the streets, assuming that the car was never entered into the system, the Government shouldn't know about it's existence. I know California is going to be different from NJ but I'm under the impression that this is a Federal Order to get rid of the car.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #24
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_dreams View Post
Fraud is worse than having an "illegal" car in the US. You'd go to federal pound you in the ass prison and have some fines.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #25
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
First fail was registering it as a skyline, need to register it as a kit car or something so the they cant goverment cant track it, idk, utah is totally diffrent the other states, we can get state issued vin numbers so the fed. gov. cant track a state issued vin, i had a freind register 5 skylines he imported as a Nissan 2door coupe on the title lol... i dont think any of his customers have had any problems with them either...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #26
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
Fraud is worse than having an "illegal" car in the US. You'd go to federal pound you in the ass prison and have some fines.
cool, i totally didn't know swapping vins was a crime, like really. Can anyone awnser my question?

www.tm-spl.com
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #27
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Sorry if this has be asked already but, How did the Government find out about the car?

Did the owner try to register it, therefore alerting the Government to it's existence?

I'm asking because a friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility of getting an R32 from Canada and using it as a race only chassis and never attempting to register it or drive it on the streets, assuming that the car was never entered into the system, the Government shouldn't know about it's existence. I know California is going to be different from NJ but I'm under the impression that this is a Federal Order to get rid of the car.
You still need to claim it through customs as a race car i think.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #28
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a hater reported them. "It has been brought to my knowledge..."
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #29
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
The "person" who got said letter live in the state of California ??
Old 08-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #30
GREXS14
Leaky Injector

GREXS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I always thought you could bring it in as parts and then register it as a kit car.

maybe this guy could help!
Closed Thread