Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #751
dat925stunna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
dat925stunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Jesus ur putting in work fuck yea i love wen my phone notifies me on updates on my favorite builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heep S14
dat925stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #752
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Making good progress

My headers came back from being ceramic coated.

Finished the dual caliper set up and bolted everything up in the rear.

Also put the motor in and reassembled the front end.

Unfortunately the intake that was on the Rapper Dan car won't fit with the new tube front. It should be fine, ordered a bunch of stuff tonight.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 03-04-2014 at 10:33 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #753
dat925stunna
Zilvia Junkie

👍👍👍👍

The heep S14
Old 03-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #754
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What is inline with the upper coolant hose?
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #755
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
What is inline with the upper coolant hose?
I have no idea haha. I'm still learning LS motors.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #756
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
I have no idea haha. I'm still learning LS motors.
Maybe coolant temp sensor; I got rid of that on my POS.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #757
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Shouldn't need a third coolant temp probe location - I'd imagine it's a port to plumb the steam port tube into. Matt does this connect to a 3/16" or 1/4" hose that goes to a barb under the throttle body?

I should have the wiring back for this thing in the next couple days so we can hear it make noise and stuff.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #758
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Shouldn't need a third coolant temp probe location - I'd imagine it's a port to plumb the steam port tube into. Matt does this connect to a 3/16" or 1/4" hose that goes to a barb under the throttle body?

I should have the wiring back for this thing in the next couple days so we can hear it make noise and stuff.
I'll take a picture and post it up later. It goes to something on the block I think. I was actually going to text you today but I didn't want to bug you haha.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #759
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Here is a picture to where that goes.

Also I'm in love with the new shifter and hydro setup.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #760
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post

Quote:
I'll take a picture and post it up later. It goes to something on the block I think. I was actually going to text you today but I didn't want to bug you haha.
Yep, definitely steam port. My bad.

Quote:
Also I'm in love with the new shifter and hydro setup.
LS and MGW shifter...

You just love copying me

In all seriousness though, good choice in that shifter. Could you find the damn orange arm able to move in any direction but straight back? I was told it was adjustable but I can't get mine to fuggin adjust.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #761
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

That shifter is epic. I'm so glad I went with that since it can rotate positions.

Edit: Yea basically that allen bolt is on SUPER tight. You have to take it all the way out as it is on a square taper. I need it straight back so it doesn't hit my ebrake in first gear.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #762
d-man478
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Been looking into that MGW shifter. Supposed to be pretty rad.

Build is looking good!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #763
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
That shifter is epic. I'm so glad I went with that since it can rotate positions.

Edit: Yea basically that allen bolt is on SUPER tight. You have to take it all the way out as it is on a square taper. I need it straight back so it doesn't hit my ebrake in first gear.
Ya, I couldn't remove the bend at all... I'll maybe hit it with a deadblow.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #764
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
Ya, I couldn't remove the bend at all... I'll maybe hit it with a deadblow.
Get a cheater on it. I just used a deep socket and an extension. It came out eventually. It's locked in with red loctite.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #765
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
^MGW FTW.
Yeah..I've also had the pleasure of re-clocking the shift lever on MGW before..deff. had me "wtf" the first time doing it. LMFAO
Old 03-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #766
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Get a cheater on it. I just used a deep socket and an extension. It came out eventually. It's locked in with red loctite.
Oh no, I meant I could get out the socket cap screw but I actually couldn't remove the 'bend'.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #767
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Reminiscing... 2006 Thunderhill. Most of this is long gone but I'm still rocking the same seat, brakes and some other random bits on this car I'm sure.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #768
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Interior is coming together. Got my new custom dash back. Still waiting on electronics but it's looking like they should be here Friday.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:53 AM   #769
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Old 03-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #770
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Well after the longest week of my life I failed. I took the last 2 days off work and spent all of it in the garage trying to get this car finished but for some reason I can't get it to start.

At least it looks good.

Got rid of this rats nest

New and improved

Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #771
dat925stunna
Zilvia Junkie

Damn need to change my pants now

The heep S14
Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #772
lunarbomb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lunarbomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oh man, I know that feeling. car is insane though.
lunarbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #773
05subysti
Zilvia Addict

05subysti is an unknown quantity at this point
Badass build. How do you like the digital dash display?

Also go through your wiring, check for power-resistance-blah blah, check for grounds. Make sure you have enough grounds as well.

Did you do all the harness yourself?
05subysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #774
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05subysti View Post
Badass build. How do you like the digital dash display?

Also go through your wiring, check for power-resistance-blah blah, check for grounds. Make sure you have enough grounds as well.

Did you do all the harness yourself?
I love the cluster so far but it's hard to know without driving the car with it yet.

The harness was put together by Jeff Jordan of Jordan Innovations and after plugging in everything where it was supposed it be it fired right up!

Old 03-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #775
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice! Sounds awesome dude

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #776
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Went to drive the car around the block and I'm still having problems. I need to get this shit figured out. I'm tired of canceling track days.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 04-02-2014 at 05:35 PM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #777
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man. That car truck is so so so bad.

Hope you get your issues sorted. I know what its like to miss track days for trouble shooting.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #778
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hit Mr.Savage up.
Im sure he knew that thing inside and out.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #779
JDMcheddar
Zilvia Member

JDMcheddar is an unknown quantity at this point
I am glad you rid us of that blue and orange thing. Your hatch looks much better! Car is bad ass!

I hope you're offended
JDMcheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #780
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

So were closing in on another event and I'l just sitting on my hands waiting for parts. Hopefully the small running issues I've been having will be sorted this week and I'll be able to head out to Stockton for some wall ride action.