Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #7111
supramon808
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
supramon808 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
thanks cody..u da man
supramon808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #7112
supramon808
Zilvia Member

supramon808 is a well-known jackass
mahalo cody
supramon808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #7113
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Input shaft bearings are known to go bad on SR20/KA transmissions, that's usually when the sound comes...it's usually very noticable though, not a mild wrr
Maybe it's just starting to wear out. I can't hear it when I am driving or when the radio is on. I only happened to notice it because the radio was off.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #7114
timinthehood
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (23)
timinthehood is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Odd that it would blow a new pressure hose. Perhaps a clogged rack? A bad pump won't make it over pressurize.

Maybe my return line?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #7115
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Input shaft bearings are known to go bad on SR20/KA transmissions, that's usually when the sound comes...it's usually very noticable though, not a mild wrr
Yupp. The first time I heard that noise, I thought I had some rod knock happening. But then I pressed the clutch, and the motor was just quiet as could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
Maybe it's just starting to wear out. I can't hear it when I am driving or when the radio is on. I only happened to notice it because the radio was off.
That's how it starts. Before long, it'll sound kinda like you have straight-cut gears at part-throttle and when engine braking in 1st-3rd gear.

I'll be dropping my trans to replace it this weekend for this very issue. Yayy.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #7116
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
hey does anybody have the link to the radiator fan test comparison i remember it was posted in a thread on here a while back. tried searching but the only link(Cant decide which fan/ radiator setup to go with? These tests will help. - Nissan 240SX Forums) i found was expired
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #7117
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I that comparsion, Altima fan was king in all aspects, and you are right that even my link is expired.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #7118
DinoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DinoMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm pretty sure i have the same problem with the transmission noise on my s13 sr. How long would it be until it goes out? Or how urgent is it to replace it?
DinoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #7119
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
does anyone know a site or a place in socal around SD/LA that can sell me a whole complete JDM Kouki front end? i searched and found , Japan Direct Japanese Auto Parts , in canada but nothing else.

Thanks in advance

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #7120
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
does anyone know a site or a place in socal around SD/LA that can sell me a whole complete JDM Kouki front end? i searched and found , Japan Direct Japanese Auto Parts , in canada but nothing else.

Thanks in advance
jspec
West Covina Nissan
Fr Sport
Phase 2

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 08-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #7121
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Will i be fine to run for a few weeks running z32 calipers up front and stock rears on a stock s13 MBC?? or should i take precaution and wait...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #7122
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Why is EVERYONE in such a rush to throw parts at they're cars?
Just wait and do it right the first time.

I have been sitting on some parts for so long I dont even remember where I got em.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #7123
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OEM Steering Wheels

Posting this again looking for an answer:
I'm looking at steering wheels, a leather upgrade wheel for my S14. I like the 4th generation Maxima steering wheels and searching I found it fits (very close to the Kouki S13 wheel). I'm wondering if the early 2000's Sentra SE/SE-R/Spec-V steering wheels will fit (as in splines to the stock and turn signals, I'll figure out the C/C)? I remember it was comfortable when driving my brothers 2002 SE, and it has a sporty look to it, a nice update. Any Information?
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #7124
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Altima fans are the best
- here you go -
http://www.drifttexas.com/showthread.php?851-SR20DET-Radiator-and-Fan-Comparison-Test
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #7125
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
at what power level is NISMO FPR typeA not good enough for sr20det with Garret GT2871R 0.64 A/R and 740cc?
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #7126
chrisjakcj
Leaky Injector

chrisjakcj is an unknown quantity at this point
Does any know how to remove the the valve cover on a single cam, is there any special steps like draining liquids or is it just bolt and done?
chrisjakcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #7127
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
As captain obvious..... you fail.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #7128
chrisjakcj
Leaky Injector

chrisjakcj is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
As captain obvious..... you fail.
yup, im a noob. so take it easy on me.
chrisjakcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #7129
sr20detman93

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20detman93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR oil for sr20det and tranny

its a s13 blacktop what should i use and how much
sr20detman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #7130
Wake
Premium Member

captain obvious - its a straight forward ordeal you should be able to handle it.

SR20 guy - 3.7, easily found by typing "sr20 oil capacity" into GOOGLE. Use mobil 1

Both of you guys FAIL in the name dept.

Welcome to zilvia.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #7131
TwoHarbors240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
TwoHarbors240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just finished my RB swap, and i have no power windows or locks, radio, climate control, gauge cluster, or lights.. anyone know whats going on??
TwoHarbors240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #7132
Wake
Premium Member

sounds like you dont have your dash plug hooked up.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #7133
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
installed AC on my sr. idle drops when i turn it on. iacv? i heard something about a wire that needs to be wired up? i know that its suppose to kick the idle up to compensate.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #7134
TwoHarbors240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
TwoHarbors240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
sounds like you dont have your dash plug hooked up.
The brown one over on the passenger side?
TwoHarbors240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #7135
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
at what power level is NISMO FPR typeA not good enough for sr20det with Garret GT2871R 0.64 A/R and 740cc?
You'll be fine forever with the Nismo FPR. I'd venture to say that they'd be fine up until you get into the 600 whp range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjakcj View Post
Does any know how to remove the the valve cover on a single cam, is there any special steps like draining liquids or is it just bolt and done?
Take the spark plug wires off, and then rock and roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
installed AC on my sr. idle drops when i turn it on. iacv? i heard something about a wire that needs to be wired up? i know that its suppose to kick the idle up to compensate.
YOu're going to need to supply power to the IACV to up the idle. I don't recall the wire off the top of my head, but there is a thread on FreshAlloy in regard to it.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #7136
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Which rails sit lower, side-mount. Nagisa or Bride?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #7137
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
Which rails sit lower, side-mount. Nagisa or Bride?
I've never used Nagisa, but my Bride FG's sit as low as possible, and I know that the Bride are sturdier quality. Been using mine for 5 years now, and I wouldnt reccomend anything else.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #7138
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
rb27dets14 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Might be a stupid question but I need to know before I fuck something up, I got an s13 hatchback with 180sx windows and aftermarket tint, and want to know if I take the tint off are the 180sx numbers and letters gonna come off with the tint?
rb27dets14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #7139
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Do i have to run tuner lug nuts on XXR 527's?

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #7140
Taylor008
Leaky Injector

Taylor008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know the size of the AN coolant line fitting that goes into S14SR upper coolant neck?
Taylor008 is offline   Reply With Quote