Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2017, 04:26 AM   #26
EVLS14

Trader Rating: (0)
EVLS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Been a busy 3 or 4 months since the last update. Here's what's been going on.

I picked up an accusump to prevent oil starvation. Some billet mounts were also ordered to suit.

My surge tank arrived which I ordered a few months back. This was supplied by Aftermarket Industries in Australia. This is the sp800 surge tank and accepts 2 Walbro 460lph fuel pumps.

Pumps installed.

Injector dynamics new 1700cc's should quench the little SR's thirst just fine.

Fabrication

It was time to get all the fab work sorted for the car.

First up was the intercooler piping. This was made from mandrel bent aluminium.

Ends of the pipes had Wiggins ferrules welded on to suit the wiggins clamps.

A 90 degree elbow was welded onto the compressor cover to move the wiggins clamp away from the manifold heat.

All done:

Next up was the exhausts turn. A 3 inch down pipe was fabricated with a flexi to retain some movement.

The twin 44mm Tial wastegates were plumbed back, these are a slip fit so I can remove and make it external as well.

3 inch twin tips was the choice for the back with a v band flange near the diff for easy changes.

Next up was the boots turn. I had not planned to do this but somehow made the call to do so. The boot floor was chopped to make way for a fuel cell. This would make plumbing up the system a lot easier and looks quite bad ass if I do say myself.

A frame was made to strengthen what was cut and also to hold the cell, surge tank and accusump.

I chose to go with a jaz fuel cell.

Test fit

A one piece swaged panel was made and welded into place. This gave a nice and tidy look.

A battery holder was fabricated for the new oddysey battery which will also be housed in the boot.

Some bash bars were fabricated for the front and rear. Hopefully should provide some protection.

On the rear it adds another jacking point for ease of lifting.

More chopping. I had been contemplating doing this for a while but I couldn't bring myself around to doing it. The choice was made, the guards had to be chopped. The reason was that the rear was running way to much camber to be practical. This way I could run close to zero camber as possible with a bigger tyre when needed.

No going back now

EVLS14 is offline   Reply With Quote