Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
unaffiliated240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unaffiliated240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
rb25 two tone s13 build

Just as the title says a lil over a year ago i bought an 89 two tone coupe that had been owned by a couple of different friends. At first the plan was to throw a rb25, cage it and drive the hell out of it. Well that plan didnt last long because the more i kept thinking about things the more i wanted to do to the car. I was glad to know the car came with every bushing being replaced, solid subframe bushings and megan rucas, toe arms, tein tie rods and kazama tr ends.

This is the condition the car was in when i bought it

Talk about a clean engine bay

Shortly after getting her home I purchase some pbm coils, 5 lug conversion, 17x9 +17 mb comps and yamato garage traction and tension rods which have been replaced with pbm arms.

had this sticker made bc it makes me laugh lol

I deployed for 6 months right after i got the 5lug swap and thats when all the fun stuff started getting paid for.
s2 rb25
mickinny mounts
rawbrokerage driveshaft
koyo rad
hks timing chain and bov
intensepower 3" front mount
polished isis freddy intake mani and new gaskets
fuji ss braided ps line.
walbro 255 fuel pump
nismo fpr
3" dp, test pipe and dual 4" isis exhaust
exedy twin plate
2 sparco pro 2000's

While I was gone a good friend of mine andy took care of the car for me and started doing the things i couldn't do myself. up first was to pull the ka and clean up the spray bomb paint job and start on the tubs. Andy has helped out alot.

after i get the bay all smoothed out this will be dropped in

Next was the originlab type 2 50mm overs were installed and my wheels test fitted which are 18x9.5 +11, 12+6

turned into this

Then I had the joy of ripping all the sound deadening out with about 60lbs of dry ice. only took about 20hrs. I hate that stuff.

removed 2 collars on the front coils and lowered her some more then loaded the car up to get it's cage.

got stuck in the car when i couldn't open the door lol so i had to improvise.

dropped it off at nocturnal motoworks in stl and this is what i picked up friday. I couldn't be happier with omar's work

when i get back from vacation I'll be removing all the glue left over from the soundening and prepping the interior, cage and engine bay for paint. I'm keeping it two tone and I plan on painting the cage the dark grey and the rest of the interior and engine bay silver green metallic. Hopefully I'll have some more pics up soon.
unaffiliated240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links