Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
kbui
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
kbui is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Another sr20det no spark! help please

hello all,

so, yet another sr20det no spark. 1st off, car is 93 s13 with sr20 blacktop. motor has been rebuilt, etc, etc, etc. for the last 2 weeks, i have been trying to figure out why the motor won't turn over. it cranks and cranks, but doesn't turn.
onto the diagnostics...using the multimeter;

1. I discovered that the ecu had a bad ground and power; fixed it and replaced ecu since the last one was burnt. still has good ground and power.

2. fuel pump was bad and replaced it, now priming at ~36psi with key to 'on'

3. did some testing on the cas, 1st one was bad. the 2nd one is good and checked my timing with the 2 marks and 2nd notch on crank pulley. did this multiple times.

4. checked the ignition chip...1st one was bad and 2nd one turned out to be good. checked the wiring and continuity from the chip to the coil pack and that was good.

5. after all of this diagnostics, i still did not get any spark. so i decided to check continuity on the grounds from the ecu connector. there was no ground on the maf sensor (pin 17) and no ground on pin #21 and 29, (consult port ground and oxygen sensor ground). checked continuity of the coil pack ground, that was good. and there is also power to the packs. o... and checked the coils themselves vs. the fsm, and they are good.

6. after fixing the grounds mentioned above, still no spark. so now i feel like selling everything...lol.

the car does have power to the ecm, ignitor and its wiring is good, cas has voltage on the signal wires and a good ground. coils are good and are getting power. coil pack ground is good. spark plugs are good and aren't fouled. fuses and relays are good.

i can't figure this crap out. Any suggestions?

I did multiple google searches and searches on here, which is what i came up with in the diagnostic steps. i thought it was for sure the cas but using the new one that i bought didn't help the situation. now, i am asking you guys. i am really stumped and cannot figure it out.

lmk
thanks in advance and sorry since this is a repeating topic...i just really want my car to start...lol

kbui
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links