Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
2k1MaxGLE

Trader Rating: (0)
2k1MaxGLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Having some SR problems...PLEASE HELP...

Hi,

I guess I should explain my setup first...I have an S13 redtop SR w/ top mount GT28R turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Z32 MAF, 800cc injectors, Greddy Intake manifold, HKS SSQV, full custom catback, all IC piping is custom. I am running an Apexi SAFC NEO as well as an AVCR set at 17psi. The car was dynoed and tuned at the same time the SAFC NEO was installed by Titan Motorsports in FL for 353 rwhp...but that was some time ago...before I acquired it, so I have no idea how it idled or what not then.

I'm in SC and there really isn't anywhere around here that I can take the car and have it checked out. One of my problems is with the engine idling...it just doesn't want to idle most of the time, especially on a cold start...sometimes it will idle great but most of the time its fluctuating or idling at around 500 about to die unless I give it gas, it almost even sounds like a misfire or something...but like I said especially on a cold start I have to keep giving it gas in order to keep it running. My next issue is with boost...when I first drove the car July 28th everything was fine...boost to 17psi @ about 75-80% throttle...pulled like all hell...BUT now when I'm under boost its like its barely boosting at all...boost gauge shows at least 15psi but the car just doesn't drive like it did...its almost like its hesitating or something under boost. It will take 5-10psi just fine and pulls decently at about 50-60% throttle, but at wide open throttle it doesn't even feel like its boosting, it feels more like an NA car...It almost even sounds like its hitting a rev limiter or something when it does this...Can this be my MAF going out on me?? I just dont know what to do about these issues, it was driving just fine as far as boosting and all went up until now, and I havent even really driven the car hard and dont really plan on driving the piss out of it on a regular basis, I just wanna know its there when I wanna use it...please help me out with this...

Thanks,

Matt
2k1MaxGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links