Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
kissritz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kissritz
Ka24de wont fire! Plz help

So ive been reading tons of threads and replaced a shit load of things, and still doing the same thing. its turning over but not firing, ived changed the spark plugs, distributor, ran a compression test, maf sensor, tps sensor, fuel pump,fuel filter, fuel pump fuse, checked gounds and harness, tried removing the temp sensor to see if it would fire, used starting fluid... still Nothing!! any suggestions? im going to change the Ecu and Coil tommorow, see what it does. Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
lol if your car is 5 speed, i can be as stupid as the clutch sensor thing. i dont know the exact name but you know what i mean
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
kissritz
Leaky Injector

kissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the rough
naw its not it, i replace that a while back. And also it wouldnt turn over if that was the case.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
240sxrunna
Leaky Injector

240sxrunna is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the same problem when i got my 240 last year i compleatly rebuilt the motor and replaced everything under the hood and when i whent to start it it just turned over. i wasnt to concerned cause i new the only thing i had left was the ecu. i whent to the junkyard pulled one out for 25 bucks put it in and fired right up no problems since
240sxrunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
did you check the timing ... since you changed the distributor
Old 05-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
kissritz
Leaky Injector

yeah we moved the dissy while we tried to start it. I also lined up the dissy and had the 1rst cylinder on top. Is that correct?? haven't changed ecu yet but for sure will. thanks guys
Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
kissritz
Leaky Injector

changed Ecu and Coil. still not firing.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
240sxspeed
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ignitor chip next to coil pack on driver side strut tower fixed and your welcome haha
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Have you check if your getting spark, fuel????? Check the fuel lines to see if there is any pressure when you turn it on the on position. Double check your timing too. Oh yeah make sure your not flooding your spark plugs too.
jonnybonds84 is offline   Reply With Quote