Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 10-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
1983 Time Machine Yamaha XJ750 Maxim Bobber Cafe Racer

The year was 1983. Michael Jackson was atop the Billboard charts, MTV was still watchable, National Lampoon’s Vacation was opening in theaters, The Jedi had returned and Ronald Regan had a brown suit on.

It was an amazing time. It was the best of times.
Somewhere in the world two young parents were delivering their third and final child. This child was to be the coolest cat that ever was, and would turn the game on its ear. At the same time Yamaha was putting together a monster of a machine, a 1983 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim.

This thunderous machine would change the world almost as much as that young baby boy.

Now, at present time it is 2013. Cars still do not fly, Madonna is still trying to pass herself off as 20 something, Michael J. Fox cannot keep still, our president is black and it isn’t Morgan Freeman. Worst of all time travel has STILL not been opened to the public.

Things have changed, and you long for days of yore. If only the Pentagon would declassify time travel we could go back to a more simple time when things were better, hair was bigger and pants were leatherier.

Oh but wait! I have something that may scratch that itch! It’s a type of time machine, and much more affordable than a Delorean souped up by Doc Brown. Best of all you don’t have to worry about the Butter Fly Effect. Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you THE 1983 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim. Modified for maximum cool this machine is bound to attract the opposite sex while you ride it. It will transport you and all that view it to a time when men were men and acid washed jeans were not only acceptable but required for entrance into some clubs. You will feel like Prince from Purple Rain. Who doesn’t want to be like Prince? If you haven’t seen purple rain...I don’t know what to tell you. Go purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

What’s that? You are a hipster and you don’t actually want to go all the way back to the early 80’s? Well that is fine. With modern touches like the LED turn signals, brake light, updated shocks and springs you can remind yourself that you are so over everything that is not obscure as you ride through the city with your retro helmet to the coffee shop. With the perfect blend of cafe/bobber styling all your hipster friends will be ironically jealous of you.
The synthetic Ostrich peanut butter leather seat looks so much like leather. But it’s not. It’s synthetic. I just said that. Why weren’t you listening? I am trying to help you here. Pay attention. Anyway, the seat is synthetic ostrich skin that way you can still be vegan and look down on people who wear leather shoes. Not vegan? Tell people its leather. No one will know. This is the bike for you stop questioning it.

This Maxim comes with a brand new clutch and oil. With this brand new clutch you can do burnouts with ease. More plates than Home Goods are soaked in the fresh Royal Purple motorcycle oil creating a smooth engagement and easy gear changes. The front brake lines were upgraded to stainless steel so that while you burn rubber in protest of the establishment you can be sure your front wheel won’t let you slip. Like a boss. NGK classic spark plugs with fresh wires make sure just enough gas is ignited to make the bike scream while the rest is expelled into the air to let everyone around know that you are a boss.

Woodcraft three piece handle bars clamp firmly to the front shocks giving you the perfect stance as you check your reflection out in store plate glass as you scream down the boulevard. You attractive hipster/non hipster you.

A 1981 Seca gas tank makes your XJ stand out from the crowd in an ironic way...or not. It has been stripped of all paint and been allowed to patina. Not in a rusty VW way, but an ironic I am a drifter and I don’t have time for paint type of way. Have you seen that Ryan Gosling movie “A Place Beyond The Pines’? If he was riding this bike he would have not been caught. Oops did I spoil the movie for you? Well buy this time machine of a bike and go back in time and don’t read that part. You are so smart. Why didn’t I think of that??

Do you have an annoying girlfriend that always wants to be around you? Well with this bike the cafe racer style full steel seat pan has only space for your two cheeks. That’s right boys. She has to stay at home and it ain’t your fault. Tell her meet your there.

Do you have a clingy boyfriend? Well with this bike the cafe racer style full steel seat pan has only space for your two cheeks. It was never painted and allowed to patina in a totally non VW way. So ironic Alanis Morrisette (she’s Canadian). Just enough surface rust to make you look dangerous. So tell your boyfriend to walk. You have no space for his cheeks. Ungh.

Listen. If you have gotten to this point and you have not been convinced that you MUST have this bike you probably like your desk job. You probably wear faded dress shirts to work and have issues with acid reflux from all the coffee you drink. Is your 401K part of your daily conversation? Maybe you drive a Toyota Corolla, but not in an ironic way. My friend your hipster/biker/toughguy/girl image is in question. If you want to get any respect from your boss you need this bike. If you want a promotion you need this bike. If you want to LIVE...that’s right you are getting the picture!

Wait, you don’t have a MC license? It doesn’t matter. You are an outlaw. You are rugged and rough. People lock their car doors when you saunter past. Haven’t you seen Sons of Anarchy? SINCE WHEN DOES ANARCHY FOLLOW RULES? Last time I checked having a motorcycle license is following rules.

Maybe you don’t deserve this bike.
Your kids don’t respect you and neither does your significant other.

Wait you don’t have kids? It doesn’t matter. They still don’t respect you. As a matter of fact I don’t have kids either and THEY don’t respect you. They have not even been conceived yet but they plan to not respect you because of your khakis and your lack of facial hair.

“How can I gain your unborn children’s respect?” You ask sheepishly.

I’m glad you asked. I am here to help. I only want the best for you. In order for my unborn children to look upon you with any sort of respect you need to buy this bike.

If you act now I will throw in a brand new Seca chin spoiler, spare carburetors, and four pod filters for only and extra $200!!! (not literally, I will probably hand them to you or let you pick them up with your own two hands. Unless you are handicapped in which case(no disrespect intended) you should not be riding a motorcycle. That is pretty irresponsible.)

Insane right?

“Why would you do this for me? I barely know you man?!?!”

Well I’m glad you asked. You see it’s like this: Remember way back in the beginning of this ad I was talking about a little baby boy born in 1983? He turned out to be the coolest guy ever? That is me. I am that cool guy. It’s what I do.

No need to thank me...No really it’s my pleasure.

You’re welcome.

Air shocks like a boss.

A rearview mirror so you can see the future as you go back into time.

A video:
DSC_0182 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Free bump for the amount of time you took to make this thread lmao glws
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
danpatmor

Trader Rating: (0)
danpatmor is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i read this. all of it. enjoyed myself during the read, and now i want to purchase this. there however is no price listed.
danpatmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Its hard to put a price on a time machine. But since I like the cut of your jib for you $2k. $2, 200 with the pod filters, spare carbs, and Seca chin spoiler.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Buyer left a deposit then backed out. This thing is still for sale at best offer.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
savannaae
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
savannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud ofsavannaae has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Neat bike and fun ad. Where in PA are you located?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Thanks. I am in Elkins Park PA right outside of Philly.
Price is best offer!

Last night a woman in her 70's asked me for a ride on the back.
This bike is guaranteed to get you mature ladies!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
The ad had me sold! Wish I wasn't buying a truck or I would jump on this! Very nice bike man, glws.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Buy that truck and swing buy and ride this up into the bed and take it home. Lots of inquiries but it's still here! Im daily riding it so the mileage creeps up everyday.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #10
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Price drop, $2,300
Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
F me this thing is so right! GLWS will check back @ the end of the month when I might have some extra coin!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
You write the best F/S ads OB.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
this thing is fucking awesome!!! if you were in chicago id buy it!!!
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #14
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Fuckkkkk this hasn't sold?! You looking for any trades?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:22 AM   #15
emericanz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
emericanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Free local bump for you good sir
emericanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #16
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Yep. I will take trades. As long as its not a Delorean.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 AM   #17
CtrL
Leaky Injector

CtrL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Yep. I will take trades. As long as its not a Delorean.
😂😂😂 I'm dead.
CtrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #18
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Bump 1.............
Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #19
CornSpeed
Zilvia Member

CornSpeed is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never been into bikes, but this ad makes me want to buy this one. If only I had the funds. Free bump
CornSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
Flexin
Zilvia Member

Flexin is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope this is still up when I get my tax return, BUMP OP you're an OG
Old 01-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #21
Sab0tage
Leaky Injector

Sab0tage is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be out in Philly and would love to check it out, I love my 03 Monster 620 but I wouldn't mind going from 2003 to 1983 every once and awhile.
Sab0tage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #22
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Let me know when you are around.

I changed the mirrors and added an LED tail light to this thing. Makes it much cooler and more hipster like.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #23
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

bump. Trade this and a Q45 for a GSXR600!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #24
TrunkStyle
Zilvia Member

TrunkStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
This is kind of amazing.. love it!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #25
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

It would be amazing between your legs!

...no botti.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #26
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn man I would still love to have this thing!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
helladrifters
Leaky Injector

helladrifters is an unknown quantity at this point
this is awesome best of luck with sale! wrong side of the country otherwise maybe ha
helladrifters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #28
devious_se
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
devious_se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
man id buy this in a heart beat damn it too far, bump for you glws
devious_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #29
nsxgzus

nsxgzus is an unknown quantity at this point
bump for a dope bike
nsxgzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #30
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Flip I'll ship the bike if someone pays my asking. Im about to pick up two more bikes and I need the space and money!