Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Real MPG solution?

Ok i don't really know where to put this since it is a technical article and it does relate to 240sx, but mods if you feel this is wrong please move it appropriately. LINK: http://www.preignitioncc.com/default/index.htm

Quote:
WELCOME TO THE PICC REVOLUTION
In Fuel Economy Technology

The PICC, Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter is a breakthrough new technology that could get your car up to five times the gas mileage! Its genius is its simplicity. Here’s how it works:
Our scientific testing has led us to believe that the PICC will increase the mileage of all personal vehicles to over 100 miles per gallon (city or highway).

Every car has a Catalytic Converter. The Catalytic Converter that is currently installed on your car is intended to help eliminate pollution and is located in your exhaust pipe. It works by breaking down the large gas molecules that were not burned in your engine and turns them into smaller particles that can be burned in your tailpipe before being released into the air, so less exhaust hits the environment. What if we could turn the gases you are throwing away via your exhaust into added mileage and power for your vehicle?
In other words, what if we “cracked” the gas and broke it down into smaller particles before it went into the engine — not after the engine had wasted it? Everything you would otherwise be throwing away would now be burnedIN YOUR ENGINE, providing additional mileage and power! Well, that is what we did! Using a magnetic and electrical reaction to break down the fuel molecules into their elemental state, the PICC creates a plasma, which burns super efficiently and cleanly! Our “Pre-Ignition” Catalytic Converter feeds the engine instead of the environment. So the gasoline you pay for goes further and the exhaust is so negligible it hardly registers.</SPAN>
What Kind of Savings Can Be Achieved?

Can you imagine what being able to burn all the gasoline in your engine would mean to fuel savings? Here’s what our scientific testing has shown: In one test at our Research Facility, we got 9X the fuel efficiency from a gas guzzling 318 V-8 Chrysler engine. We ran a 318 V-8 Chrysler engine on a brand new state of the art dynamometer (the same testing equipment that Detroit uses) at 3,000 rpms under a 50% load for an hour. This test condition approximated an 8 cylinder van with a 318 engine, traveling up a 30 degree incline for one hour, at 65 miles per hour. Before the PICC modification, the engine used 18 pounds of fuel. At an average weight of 6.15 pounds per gallon for gasoline, that would equal 2.93 gallons of fuel. Converting that into miles per gallon, it got around 22 mpg.
The researchers then switched the fuel injection process to the PICC Modification and ran the engine under the exact same conditions for another hour. Now, the engine used only 2 pounds of fuel instead of 18 — an increase in efficiency of 9x. In other words, the vehicle traveling at 65 mph up a 30 degree incline for an hour would have obtained almost 200 mpg! When they shut off the engine, the researchers reported that it coasted on the plasma for another two minutes.
What Does This Mean To You?

This test with a 318 V-8 gas guzzling engine is just the first big V-8 engine that we ran under scientific conditions at our Research Facility. We believe based on results like these that our plasma could revolutionize fuel economy for ALL vehicles — including SUVs and Pickups — that should easily get better than 100 miles per gallon with the PICC. To be able to modify SUVs of any size to get 100 mpg minimal fuel economy will revolutionize the auto industry!
i don't really know how new this is, but if its not i am surprised it hasn't been discussed (i searched). Anyways imagine this in a 240...well for those of you not trying to make gobs of HP
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Sounds like another Tornado(R)

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Won't mount up on an s14. At least not in the stock location.

Oh, and they're full of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
sign me up...

but wait....
your telling me that only 1/9 of my gas is combusted in the cylinder????
and the rest just goes out the exhaust????
lol
jskateborders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
If you have the common sense/science knowledge of a 5th grader, you should realized how preposterous this is.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Anybody have any Magic Beans? I really need to trade in this Cow.

File this one under "Sounds too good to be true..."
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Yea i know this sounds too good to be true, but it honestly did not fall under the Turbonator category in my head. The science sounds like it is there, but then again im not a scientist HAHA.

Post up more ish if you guys see independent reviews for this. BTW i did see this in a magazine ad so take that for what its worth
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
Haha boondocks saints for a sig pretty good
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
agame001
Zilvia Member

agame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to all
i know a bit about physics and this PICC seems like it could work. and it's definitely not like the TORNAD-ER. that thing was full of crap. i looked up their organization, the United Community Services of America, but i don't know much about marketing, so i can't tell if they're a legitimate group. though they seem to be. they research all kinds of methods to make energy efficient. we'll see what happens though.
agame001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
yeah thats bullshit they don't list any real figures or facts. Just another version of "atomization" of fuel, which helps but not a significant amount.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
Risu2112
Leaky Injector

Risu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura about
UCSA Dealer Group; Circumventing thermodynamics since 2004'

Oh hey.. Slightly off topic but I recently removed my transmission from my car to reduce the weight, but now I'm having trouble shifting, any advice on how to fix this?
Risu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by agame001 View Post
i know a bit about physics and this PICC seems like it could work. and it's definitely not like the TORNAD-ER.
You do? Where is the energy to ionize the fuel into plasma going to come from?
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #13
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
It's the atomization of fuel in your cumbustion chambers (from heat) that helps prevent knock. Without that, your definitely going to get pre ignition, but of a different kind.
Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Wow, let's just throw the Ideal Gas Law and Boles Law out the window...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJRukhMIjs[/ame]
http://www.phact.org/e/dennis.html
http://www.electricitybook.com/dennis-lee-scam/
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #15
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
LOL wow that made no sense. kinda like i thought it would. I like his Magnetic non magnetic aluminum piece.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:10 AM   #16
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The more I think of it, the less thrilled I would be with fuel being anywhere near a hot ass catalytic converter.... but the PICC will never exist, and therefore I will not have to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote