Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Lowest Seat Rails Available...(Bride)

I have a brand new Bride Zeta III on my way over from the motherland for me, and i need the lowest seat rails i can possibly get for it.

What are the lowest rails available that will fit my seat and car (s14)?

And what online retailer has the best price on them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
brides rails sit pretty low. not sure if they're the lowest ones you can get. should be around 180-190 depending on where you go.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, i guess i was more wondering what specific rail? Like the FG? Or something else lower?

And im hoping that one of the sponsor's has a hot deal going on for brackets right now...
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
One thing i think would be nice is whats the lowest seat rail available, and how much lower does the seat sit than the OEM seats?
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I think the Nagisa Auto ones sit pretty low. Ask Logan.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
SW20Racer
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
SW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
does your seat have to slide? if not i have some blueprints you might want.

also, do you need side mount or bottom mount? i dont know enough about bride seats to know right off the bat which seat takes which rails

the blueprints are for side mounts, but bottom mounts would be too easy. (2 stips of stainless bent to fit, and bolted in.)

and i should mention the blueprints i have are made to allow you to adjust the incline of the seat (effectively reclining it)
SW20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
assuming zeta III's are side mount, FRsport has a ton in stock, I got my Bride FG's shipped for $175.
khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
SW20Racer
Nissanaholic!

SW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfection
here it is. ive tried to put this link as my sig but i apparently dont have the blue key card or whatever so here: http://www.rorty-design.com/files/Ro...%20Pattern.pdf

seat mounts are @ the bottom of the page
SW20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i should be putting in a seat with a bride MO rail in my car next week...so i'll PM you and send you some pics
Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Has anyone tried the new buddy club seat rails? I hear they sit really low as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Yes, the Zeta III is a side mount seat. Hoping for pics, personal experience, etc...

I need it to be able to fit someone 6'2" with a helmet.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #12
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i have the buddy club super low down race spec rail, sits plenty low enough for me, and i dont even have the seat at the lowest position.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bride FG sidemount is the lowest possible. I can mount my Kirkey to the point where it rubs the floor bar.

THe only other option is to cut out the floorboard and mount the seat flat.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #14
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

What online retailers have the best prices on these brackets?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
dood... thenismoshop has them for 165 right now IN STOCK...

bride FG are super hard to find in stock anywhere

cop them NOWZZZ

zilvia> advertisor section
Old 03-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #16
tgd89
Leaky Injector

tgd89 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm 5'10 and I have my zeta II on the top position on the bride FG rail, and I fit fine with a helmet. I got mine from frsport for like 170-180ish.
tgd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:14 PM   #17
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

I just ordered my FG rail today from Justin at Nismo for 195 shipped.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
bsilvias13

bsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choicesbsilvias13 has made poor choices
i built my own seat brace when i built my cage it took 8 hours from start to finish and the aluminum race seat i have touches the floor. so ide say its pretty low.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #19
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
alwaysnboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hate to revive an old thread, but equally don't want to start another so here it goes.

I want to purchase a set of reclinable racing seats. Most likely bride low max. Is the general consensus bride rails are the lowest? If so, what model bride do I purchase. Thanks!
alwaysnboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #20
dukiespice
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
dukiespice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have a brix in my car and use the the MO rail. I got it from frsport. It sits low, I’m 6’0 and still have a lot of head room. I know the mo works with some other seat brands too, but double check. Hope this helps.
dukiespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #21
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukiespice View Post
I have a brix in my car and use the the MO rail. I got it from frsport. It sits low, I’m 6’0 and still have a lot of head room. I know the mo works with some other seat brands too, but double check. Hope this helps.
Great thank you!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #22
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Actually, general consensus is that the Nagisa/NAMS single lock side mount rails are the lowest you can get. However finding them will probably be difficult. I can touch the bottom of my seat to the floor pan, and that's with seat sliders.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #23
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Actually, general consensus is that the Nagisa/NAMS single lock side mount rails are the lowest you can get. However finding them will probably be difficult. I can touch the bottom of my seat to the floor pan, and that's with seat sliders.
Got it. Did some more thinking. I want to do a reclinable seat next. This bucket kills me on a street car. My thoughts are go with mo rails and get a Bride recline. Lowest bride reclinable would be Brix I assume?
Old 12-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #24
SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike
Leaky Injector

SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
street faction rails sit lower than brides from what I've heard.. I had to hammer my floor down for the bucket seat to fit at the lowest setting. Also changes depending on where you seat mount holes are on the seat itself
SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #25
dukiespice
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
dukiespice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnboost View Post
Got it. Did some more thinking. I want to do a reclinable seat next. This bucket kills me on a street car. My thoughts are go with mo rails and get a Bride recline. Lowest bride reclinable would be Brix I assume?
I would check out the euro 2 ergo 2 and digo I don’t have any experience wth them but they have less bolsters and look like they sit a little bit lower than a brix IMO.
dukiespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #26
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Holy shit, 9 year old thread lol