Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 11-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
1997 Nissan 240sx $6000 All Original

Two owners, first owner drives it from 0 to 126,993 and then second owner drives it from there to 180,000. The second owner had it painted right after he got it to this color. He was a mechanic and I know he owned a boosted 240 before this one as well. I looked it over like I always do before buying any 240 and planned my swap accordingly. The same day I also saw the white one in my sig, and I saw nearly exactly what I would have built with this one and decided to go see it. It was in great shape, and just needed TLC so now I am driving that while I work on it. This green car would make a great daily for someone, I can say that because I know both of the previous owners drove it every day and the oil comes out looking very clean, and it shifts strongly and the transmission fluids smells good, I drove it about 200 miles and the only real annoying complaint I had was the rear shock, the car is bouncy so that needs to get fixed before any more daily driving is done.

this car has a clean carfax, no accidents, runs great, cold A/C, automatic, 180k

PROS
Frame
Auto
No Leaking
Headlights have not been adjusted or moved from OEM. they line up perfectly, even the original foam is in place.
Tires are new
The paint is about 4 years old
clean carfax, no accidents, great daily, cold A/C, automatic, 180k
pictures of every part of the car are available and detailed

CONS
Windshield has wiper streaks in it (I am leaving the OEM windshield in the car as proof it exists, it is more valuable this way).
One of the rear shocks is blown
S15 struts and shocks with aftermarket JDM lowering springs
dash typical sun cracked florida 240 dash

$6000
or PM

I took the seats out and detailed the hell out of it when I got it.

Auto is a pro to me because I like to get the car with good subframe bushings, it guarantees the history of the vehicle does not involve a drift and bent suspension parts and torn rubbers. Part of the problem of finding a good chassis is also having a good starting base to swap. the last thing I need is to find bent brackets and have to replace parts of the chassis. You never get a chance to see these things when buying the car, you find them after. Also, since the destination is a swap, All I have to do is add a clutch pedal which I have done countless times, Nissan actually marks the spot for you so there is no guessing. The motor going in already has a clutch in it, not that I won't be taking the trans off anyways to clean it up and install a new clutch. might as well, if you are going to drive the car for the next 55,000+ miles maintenance free this is just an obvious step.

I have done at least twenty sr20 swaps and helped another one hundred or more start and finish. It is possible to do the swap in a single day by yourself without a lift. The second day is going to involve the car of course, but it will be driving around by the first. Pulling the engine takes about 90 minutes. Installing the next one takes about 120 minutes if you are alone, that includes the driveshaft, wiring harness, ps line, downpipe, and the radiator/hoses if the mounts don't hold you up for a few minutes. The intercooler plumbing can take from 10 minutes to over an hour depending on if you actually have the right shapes and coupler coverage. You arn't connecting the A/C lines the same day (day 2 perhaps), the wiring you did yourself the day before, along with the clutch, plugs, belts. You pop some oil in the trans and engine and distilled water into the radiator and start. That really is only about 4 solid hours of work and the car is running.

It is the countless other small details that take days, settling the engine harness and making it look tucked and bolting the ECU up, cleaning up the engine bay involves some custom brackets for best appearance. You can add a lot of attention to detail just by forming metal to hold hoses and lines and electronics like the igniter chip. Sometimes you can improve the throttle bracket, the A/C routing (going to tig the line anyways), the heat shielding on the exhaust side can be done creatively, I really would go crazy with the heat control wherever possible, it really is beneficial to keep the heat in the exhaust and out of the engine bay.

I was thinking of painting and swapping it. But I have a 240 like that already.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-14-2015 at 02:58 PM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
GIMJ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
GIMJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow that is clean.. Good luck. Though you probably won't need it.
GIMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Still have this all original car ready for service

Why is this the car to swap

A swap is an investment. You just spent $3000+ on your car, a perfectly fine running driving car, for no reason. Well, for a stupid reason. you wanted to wake up the next day with an extra hundred horsepower. How will you justify your investment? Will you ever get your money back?

At this point the frame plays a role. If the car has a good frame, then it will maintain it's value. In fact, any money you spend on the car has the potential to hold it's value as long as the frame is good. If the frame has damage, then every penny you invest takes a percentage loss. The last thing you expect to see when looking at a properly built 240 for sale anywhere is looking under it and seeing a huge irreparable dent in the frame rail. The underside is a cosmetic aspect, just like the paint on the hood, except that unlike body work, it cannot be easily repaired. What you see is usually the accumulation of 20~ years of service life. A percentage of all 240sx ever produced will have their undersides mangled regardless of whether the car is in an accident or not.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-14-2015 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
One ugly color what were they thinking
Old 12-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"ALL ORIGINAL"

sans paint.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Y0SH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Y0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any interest in trades?
Y0SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
didn't know lime green was an original color
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #8
Syncade
Zilvia FREAK!

Syncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via ICQ to Syncade
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
didn't know lime green was an original color
It's not original bro...it's ALL original......
Old 12-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks more like shit green...option for florida people
Old 12-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

damn can you feel the love? god bless zilvia and everyone still breathing, happy holidays.

You know I would give anyone the shirt off my back right? that I would stop for you on a cold ass night in the middle of nowhere with my flashlight and tools, and fix your engine without even having ever met you before.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
corbin
Zilvia Member

corbin is a well-known jackass
Car looks great. Comments aside, it is rare to find a 240SX relatively untouched like this where all the essentials--straight frame, no rust, original drivetrain--are there. Comments are probably from your somewhat "sale-sy" attitude/posting style. You are a bit too enthusiastic about the good points of the car and a bit dismissive of the cons, not to mention the perhaps somewhat high price. I think these things together turn people--or at least the broke-ass 17 year old dorifto kids who frequent Zilvia--off.
corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

I just know how hard it is to find a frame like this. I am afraid if I sell it too quickly I will suddenly need one and look around... and find... all the trash you see out there now. Anyone with a good car knows it and keeps it or asks top dollar.

As to the paint; You realize that if this car's paint was original it would be all faded and clearcoat peeling. So if I had a choice when buying an all original 240 of original clear coat peeling vs painted a few years ago I wouldn't care what the colour was because even if I didnt like the colour, I would have to re-paint the car anyways in both cases. The owner liked the car enough (at 120,000 miles when it was painted) to get it painted to begin with, which says something about how the owner feels about the car.

I dont like the color much either, but it sure will be easier to repaint this car than one with all the dings/peeling fading original color.

pr

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-14-2015 at 01:24 PM..
Old 12-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #13
96maxima_se85

96maxima_se85 is an unknown quantity at this point
that cars just begging for an LS swap
96maxima_se85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #14
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Nowhere close to original, that's not a OEM color, respray is understandable, oem color, ok say its original, but not some ugly ass ricer color then say its original lmao

car looks mint tho
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #15
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Nowhere close to original, that's not a OEM color, respray is understandable, oem color, ok say its original, but not some ugly ass ricer color then say its original lmao

car looks mint tho
Where have you been? Still driving a 240?

I already covered why the paint is desirable compared to OEM, furthermore, it has many non original parts if you think about it. The shocks and springs, the radio, tie rods, intake filter, plugs, plug wires, tires, Tension rods, and who knows what else. No 240 is truly original because if it was, even with 2 original miles, its going to need replacement parts due to age.

thanks for the bump and attention, I hope you still rock a 240 these cars are great, and going up in value still.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #16
voiddweller
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
voiddweller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is a very clean looking S14. I hope you get what you want for it. GLWS.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
Y0SH
Zilvia Junkie

Y0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the rough
What's the original paint color?
Y0SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:01 AM   #18
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0SH View Post
What's the original paint color?
I think it was green. I'll check the vin. If I keep the car, however, I would never go back to OEM green. Over the years I've tried lots of different colours, and my favorite is still sunset metallic, back about 8 240's ago I had that color and just..

SUNSET METALLIC (About 5x 240s ago I had this colour on a 240)

God, I sure wish I had a stock 240 with which to build into anything I wanted.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-14-2015 at 01:43 PM..
Old 01-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #19
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

$6000

daily me

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-14-2015 at 01:23 PM..
Old 01-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #20
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
Im just upset your build instructions ended so quickly.

I am lost now. I have no idea where to go after heat shielding.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #21
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

I See zenkis everywhere
Old 02-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #22
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

BUy-it-Now

$6000

last one

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-14-2015 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-06-2015, 12:56 AM   #23
Kingcof22
Zilvia Member

Kingcof22 is an unknown quantity at this point
bump... cant wait to see the next kouki you get and sell
Kingcof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #24
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcof22 View Post
bump... cant wait to see the next kouki you get and sell
http://forums.nicoclub.com/1997-240s...r-t595793.html
Also has Electric cut-out now, Clifford alarm w/ keyless, profec B spec-II, and more
Old 02-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #25
Kingcof22
Zilvia Member

Kingcof22 is an unknown quantity at this point
that white kouki is awesome!!! you are so lucky!:drama
Kingcof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:41 PM   #26
93smallblock
Leaky Injector

93smallblock is an unknown quantity at this point
Interested in trades or for sale only?
93smallblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #27
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

No trades sorry
Its in CL, more Picture in CL here:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4818882986.html

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 02-09-2015 at 01:21 PM..
Old 02-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #28
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

out of darkness we arise
in the presence of light we have eyes
Old 02-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #29
tobroketobuildarealcar
Zilvia Junkie

tobroketobuildarealcar is an unknown quantity at this point
Not really all original with that paint job
tobroketobuildarealcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #30
supradeluxe
Leaky Injector

supradeluxe is an unknown quantity at this point
in the fashion industry this color is literally called "baby poop" green.
supradeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote