Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
universal muffler input

I have an sr with 3" straight through exhaust. It was fun for a while but its become a bit much at times. Now, i do NOT want a new exhaust. I do NOT want to add a fart canister to the end of my current setup. its custom stuff i made for ultimate ground clearance and I prefer the look of my dual big ass tips.

that being said does anybody have experience (ideally some sound clips) utilizing a universal inline muffler? I am wondering how quite some of these will actually be, i dont want the car silent say type 2 megan style. its no daily so a bit loud is okay. mainly i want to quite it down at low rpm so when its idling, warmup, bleeding coolant, checking timing my neighbors dont hide their kids...as they do now

a major concern of mine is ground clearance, this directly relates to the diamter of the muffler i will be welding in. the circular ones seem ideal as they also take less space, and i assume are louder.

potential candidates

flow through, probably still pretty damn loud?
MagnaFlow Stainless Steel, Straight-Through Universal Muffler - Satin Finish MagnaFlow Mufflers MF10416

i am leaning towards this but diamter is a bit large..
MagnaFlow Stainless Steel, Dual Core, Universal Muffler - XL Turbo Series - Satin Finish MagnaFlow Mufflers MF13743

this is cheap and compact? is it junk..
Yonaka 3" Inlet Outlet High Flow Ceramic Core Universal Catalytic Cat Converter | eBay

edit to add this one
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...products_id=38

input appreciated from those with experience...
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links