Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
Tw1st3d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Tw1st3d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another JZ Coupe Drift

So I know that this build thread isn't as nice as some of the ones out that are out there, This is my first one so be gentle . I am doing this to gain a little motivation to get it finished. I hope all of you enjoy my progress.

The goal behind this build was build and fab as much stuff as I could with my own two hands just for the feel good factor. Also I blame my girlfriend, she was the one to initially show me that sliding my car around was a sport, and she's been by my side this whole process. I eventually landed my first 240sx and am determined to keep this car till the dirt. I will never get rid of it even after it's a prune.

Enough with the stories and on to the pics.

Here is when we first initially got it home after a 680 mile round trip.

coils wheels and welded diff and a bone stock KADE. The addiction begins.

At this point I'm still a noob. I look it over on the lift.
Some little things i was learning about proper alignment, "wore through a set of tires" discovered a re welded rear LCA a sign of some abuse etc.

My first drift event. I had no clue I just new I had to try it. This is at a local track in the PNW. PARC "pat's acres racing complex" They made me do a run to see if I could handle the car. NOPE! so they didn't let me on the track, but all I needed was the first 5 minutes and I was hooked!

I got a new job at this and it was kind of a life changer. I knew how to MIG weld and loved fabrication as a hobby but knew nothing really about it, I was mostly a computer nerd anyway like an act of god I got the job. I have no idea why hehe. Here's one of my first projects as I was learning to TIG.

Random photo of the car

I continued to go to events. Here's one attempting a skid

I took a ride with this guy to try and get a grasp of what was going on.
He's been an inspiration since. Thanks Jeremy!

Kyle Pollard blowing my mind

After a few months I gave a shot at trying to make a coolant over flow tank.
I wish I would have never used the dorky fluid level gauge. anyways it served it's purpose for now.

Tw1st3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links