Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burtonrida133
Car Alarm, which one's are good?

Hey, I want to look into some alarm systems for my 240sx, anyone on here recommend one? My car does not have keyless entry. does that effect the alarm system? Do I need to have that in order to have an alarm? which one should i get...thanks!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
k.man
Leaky Injector

k.man is an unknown quantity at this point
viper 2 ways. compustar 2 ways as well. and of course lo jack if you can afford it
k.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
There is a guy on here who sells viper alarms for a great price. Broadfield he just has them for sale in his sig
http://zilvia.net/f/electronics/3213...rt-combos.html

I just bought one they come as a kit so you don't already need anything except for a lock. Go ask him too if you need help he probably knows which alarm is best.
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
The one that doesn't wake me up at night is a good one.

How about you build yourself a $2 kill switch, or ghetto out and just remove the fuel pump fuze/relay when you park it.

There, Solved.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.man View Post
viper 2 ways. compustar 2 ways as well. and of course lo jack if you can afford it
+1 for Viper or Compustar
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
mendozasport
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mendozasport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
alarms are a good way to reduce insurance , (some cases they charge less, but get back charging more somewhere else), but really i hear alarms go off all nite , and all i do is cover my head with my pillow and curse at it, finding a way to disable it when your not in it is a good idea, just dont go showing everyone your way of starting the car
mendozasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 loverr View Post
There is a guy on here who sells viper alarms for a great price. Broadfield he just has them for sale in his sig
http://zilvia.net/f/electronics/3213...rt-combos.html

I just bought one they come as a kit so you don't already need anything except for a lock. Go ask him too if you need help he probably knows which alarm is best.
Thanks for the recommendation man! If you ever need to buy anything else from me in the future I'll give you a nice discount... just remind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrida133 View Post
Hey, I want to look into some alarm systems for my 240sx, anyone on here recommend one? My car does not have keyless entry. does that effect the alarm system? Do I need to have that in order to have an alarm? which one should i get...thanks!
Send me a PM or post in my Viper for sale thread and we can discuss options for you. All systems will have lock outputs. You simply won't use them if you don't have power locks. Or you can add an actuator(s) and magically have locks If you want to do both doors, I sell the actuator kit for $25. That will include 2 of DEI's premium actuators and the relay pack to control them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
The one that doesn't wake me up at night is a good one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendozasport View Post
but really i hear alarms go off all nite , and all i do is cover my head with my pillow and curse at it
Those are most likely improperly installed alarms or crappy brands. It's very important to adjust the sensors accordingly. Most people think that cranking the sensor to the most sensitive setting is logical... it's obviously not. The alarm should never trigger unless someone gets the door open or hits the glass hard enough to shatter it. If the alarm is equipped with a motion sensor, then it shouldn't trigger unless someone or a part of their body(hand) is inside the car.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
HayaiSaru

HayaiSaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Clifford
Clifford - Car Alarms | Remote Starters | Vehicle Security | Keyless Entry
HayaiSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
NissanEnthus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
NissanEnthus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have a viper 2 way...highly recommend....Get yours through Broadfield.
NissanEnthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #10
beb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
beb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Clifford/Python/Viper are all made by the same company, so just pick the cheapest 2 way paging out of these...

I ONLY use 2 way paging alarms on my cars; it is extremely useful. When I go to the mall or a restaurant, I can shop and check the signal on my remote to make sure the car is okay. One time a phone installer hit my mirror and I never would have known, had my remote not gone off and got me running outside. WORTH IT.
beb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #11
HayaiSaru

Is there a best website for alarms? for prices
Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Anybody have Viper "SMART START"?
Does it have the 2 way feature?

Viper SmartStart for iPhone
Old 04-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayaiSaru View Post
Is there a best website for alarms? for prices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKID S4TEEN View Post
Anybody have Viper "SMART START"?
Does it have the 2 way feature?

Viper SmartStart for iPhone
Really, I'm right here!?!

I may not have the "absolute" best price, but I guarantee I'm close. And I can guarantee you I'm the cheapest authorized dealer. Any of those online places that have the product for ultra cheap won't even know the product beyond what they can look up on the manufacturers website. I have been selling/installing Viper for 20 years. We installed 400 remote starters last winter alone. With every purchase I provide wiring info for your particular vehicle and tech support via PM, email or even phone. Now if you don't care about customer support or knowledge of the product, then feel free to save a few bucks from one of the online sites. Also, Viper(DEI) will not even warranty product from a non-authorized dealer. You would have to trust the place you get it from to warranty it in-house.

As for the Smart Start, yes, it has 2-way confirmation... even when used on a 1-way system like the 5101.

Toby

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
HayaiSaru

Can you get Clifford?

How's the range on Viper?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #15
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Can you get Clifford?

They are all made by the SAME company DEI which was mentioned above. So, if Broadfield can get one, he can get them all.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Can you get Clifford?

I cannot get Clifford... I would have to sign another dealer agreement with DEI just to get Clifford... which means meeting quarterly minimums etc. And there is obviously no reason to do that since Viper, Clifford and Python are the EXACT same thing except for the styling of the remote. They use the same exact brain, wiring, antennas etc. The only reason DEI has the three brands is so it's more difficult to price shop in the same district from one dealer to the next.

The range is pretty good. I usually tell customers that the range will average about half of what DEI claims is the max distance. Sometimes you will get the advertised max distance, other times you will not. Range will vary depending on RF interference at the time and the amount of concrete depending if you park in a parking garage etc.

Toby

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #17
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I cannot get Clifford... I would have to sign another dealer agreement with DEI just to get Clifford... which means meeting quarterly minimums etc. And there is obviously no reason to do that since Viper, Clifford and Python are the EXACT same thing except for the styling of the remote. They use the same exact brain, wiring, antennas etc. The only reason DEI has the three brands is so it's more difficult to price shop in the same district from one dealer to the next.

The range is pretty good. I usually tell customers that the range will average about half of what DEI claims is the max distance. Sometimes you will get the advertised max distance, other times you will not. Range will vary depending on RF interference at the time and the amount of concrete depending if you park in a parking garage etc.

Toby
I stand corrected.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote