Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rocksteady_racer Send a message via Yahoo to rocksteady_racer
KA24E Turbo Kit onto a KA24D

Ok, I got this cxracing turbo kit (yea I know it's crap, I got it cheap ) for my 90 240 a while ago. I'm installing it on my 90 240 temporarily (practice and learning engine rebuilding and parts install on a cheap motor) since I've gotta patch the motor anyway. Anyway my question is when I install my sr20det in my 91 240 and take the ka24de and install it in my 90 (already have ps lines) what else will I need to replace on the turbo kit? Will a ka24e manifold fit on the ka24de? Is the piping roughly the same? Downpipe in the right place? Anything else I should know about putting a ka24e turbo kit on a ka24de?
rocksteady_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
OneTekWes
Leaky Injector

OneTekWes is making a name for him/her selfOneTekWes is making a name for him/her self
U need a de manifold. They r not the same and the pipping is different. u can make the hot side work but yeh if ur tryna put a single cam turbo kit on a dual cam. U need help. lol but hey thats what the internet is for. I've pulled a shit load of power out of CX kits btw. turbos are a little outta balance sometimes but hey u get what u pay for. I'd take that turbo to a turbo builder and have it balanced and make sure it's good, if u bought a used kit.
OneTekWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

rocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her selfrocksteady_racer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to rocksteady_racer Send a message via Yahoo to rocksteady_racer
Sounds sweet. I'll be sure to ask you question on my ka24e build lol. I bought it from rbperofrmance off their track car off this forum a while ago. So thanks for the turbo build advice. The dumppipe would be different too then right? So pretty much the entire kit will be different except my bov, intercooler, and some of the ic pipiping?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
bones321
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
bones321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bones321
to be honest, sr turbo piping and all that other stuff will work for dual cam turbo, all you would need would be the manifold.

It will take me a while to get hard I just got layed last night
bones321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
rocksteady_racer
Zilvia Junkie

Hey Man - Question about your Sig Pic

What type of front bumper is that on your s13?