Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
KyleT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1JZ VVTI s13 swap questions

Planning on doing a 1jz vvti swap into my s13 in the next couple months. I've been doing a good amount of research on the swap and sourcing an engine.

I'm wondering if it matters if I buy an engine with an auto harness and ecu? I know the harnesses will have some different transmission plugs, but I read somewhere that the ecu's are basically the same? True?

Planned on getting a jzx100 engine, this has the front sump and everyone says its the best 1jz vvti engine and also is not drive by wire.

I have a cd009 350z trans and collins 1jz adapter plate that I intend to use so I don't really care what trans I get with the 1jz engine because I will not need it.

I also planned on buying a chase bays harness now that they offer the 1jz vvti option.

It seems the 1jz vvti + auto trans is cheaper than a manual 1jz vvti with no trans or 1jz vvti + w58 transmission.

Can anybody chime in if they know if an auto engine + harness is fine? Or anybody that has done the 1jz vvti swap into an s-chassis.
KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links