Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
merks
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
merks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
NC- B.R.E Review- Thumbs down

As you can see from the title I'm am not very happy with the service I received from the guys at B.R.E Motorsports in Concord, NC.

Let me first start by saying that the first time I had talked to Tex, I was more then happy with how i was treated. I enjoyed the fact that he took pride in his shop and his work. I had also spoken very highly of B.R.E before my car was actually there.

This bring me to want to bring my car in for some work after my transmission and blown up on me. I replaced the transmission myself and for some strange reason i needed a new driveshaft ( old owner put a j30 diff in on a non abs model). I then had the car towed over to B.R.E to begin have them replace the driveshaft. Many of you may be asking well why didn't you do it yourself? Well, I wanted to make sure that it didn't need to be custom cut. So they measured and called The Driveshaft Shop, "since they have been working together for year and they get a big discount", the TDS says it falls with in spec of the s14 ABS model but they didn't have any in stock. I was reveled that it didn't need to be custom cut and that I could wait for a shaft to come in stock.

I left my car there on June 6th. a week later June 13th, I stopped by to find out if there was any news. Tex and the shop manager both told me 2 to 3 more days, as they were waiting on driveshafts for their race cars. those 2-3 days pass by with no word from them. I then stopped back in on Thursday the 21st to find out what was going on. well I get there at 4pm and they are at lunch.... The shop closes at 6pm.. One of the techs lets me in and I start asking the same questions all over again. Where is my driveshaft, how long, etc.The tech tells me that it shouldn't be taking this long to get a driveshaft. I asked the tech to have Chris, the shop manager, call me after calling the TDS. I leave an go home. At this point I am beyond PISSED. Its been two weeks with nothing done. 530pm rolls around with no word from them. I called the shop, then the shop manager's cell phone and then lastly the shop again. Someone finally picked up.

I asked if Chris was back and had talked to the TDS yet. The guy tells me that Chris is on his way to NJ and they haven't been in touch with their contact person at TDS in three days... I am finally done with this game. I told them to cancel my order and I will be pulling my car out of there Friday, June 22nd.

Friday morning I get there to get my car and what do i find? My car sitting at the end of their driveway almost on the side of the road for anyone to take. There was zero attempt by the shop to make things better. The night before I had sourced at 1 piece driveshaft from a company called Z1 Motorsports in GA. I paid for overnight shipping and it was here at my house before 10am. I did in one day what they couldn't do in two weeks. If they had tried to reach out to someone else who carries The Driveshaft Shop shaft and had them overnight it, I would have paid part of shipping. That idea to me is just good customer service.

Overall I can say I will NEVER EVER go back to them for anything. Customer service is terrible, no one calls to give you updates, no one picks up the phone when you call, and if you aren't building a race car they want nothing to do with you. If that is what they want to do then at least remove the general maintenance and parts install from their site.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Agreed. I will never give them my business after seeing how many people they have screwed over in the past.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
drivens13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
customer service is lacking these days.
Treat all customers the same. Respect
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I tried to call at least 10 times just to ask their prices on tuning services. They never returned my calls or answered the phone. Ill take my business some wheres else.

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
LowNslowS13

Trader Rating: (0)
LowNslowS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Everyone has stories of shops .. Ive have known Tex since we were in school hes a
Good dude... Sucks it didnt work out
LowNslowS13 is offline   Reply With Quote