Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Brembo caliper O/H

Quote:
STEP 1: If you have not yet removed calipers from the car remove them, I cleaned mine prior to starting. You will need to disconnect the brake lines and unbolt them from the hub. Also remove the pads, to remove the pads there are 2 pull pin clips thru a set of long pins. The pins hold the pad and metal bracket in place. Remove the 2 pull pins and slide out the 2 longer pins and everything will fall out. Keep in mind there are small plates on the back sides of the brake pads where the pistons hit the pad, these can be easily lost and are marked with arrows for direction.

STEP 2: You then need to split the calipers apart, to do this I used a impact wrench but if you have some good strength it is possible to break the bolts. Pretty sure the Bolts on the front are a 13mm and the rears use a allen wrench style bolt which i believe is a size 6. NOTE: I could be wrong about sizes on these

STEP 3: You will want to pop the pistons out. In order to do this I used, for the rear a inch by 5 inch block of wood, for the front you will need a little thicker of a block. Place the block where the rotor would sit so that the piston doesn't shoot out and kill someone. (trust me these things will FLY) After doing this i made sure my bolts were very lightly tightened into place, I did this because if you leave the gap the pistons will put force in the way of least resistance which basically means its going to shoot the caliper apart and split it which could cause some pain . Next is to use a air compressor and shoot air in the inlet for the brake fluid, when you do this the pistons should extend out and hit the block of wood.

STEP 4: After splitting the calipers and popping the pistons I removed the rubber seal between the 2 pieces as it is small and could very easily be lost. NOTE: dont remove the o-ring prior to step 3 or step 3 is pretty much impossible.

STEP 5: Remove the boot that is around the calipers piston. To do so you will see a small small hole between the boot and the caliper itself. I used a very small allen wrench, stick the wrench into the small hole and just pry out the boot it should just pop right out.

STEP 6: After the boot is out and the piston is extended all that is left is to remove the piston. To do this you will need a screw driver and something soft like a towel. I wrapped the end of the screw driver in the towel and used the small lip on the piston to pry it out. Once the piston passes the seal on the inside of the piston hole it will pop and you can remove the piston by hand. !!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!: DO NOT SCRATCH/DAMAGE/CHIP THE SIDE WALL OF THE PISTON THIS WILL RESULT IN A BROKEN SEAL AND A USELESS PISTON.

STEP 7: Send out your calipers for powder coating!

BREMBO REBUILD PART NUMBER:
Front: 26297fe010
Rear: 26697fe000

bleeder screws: 26238fe000
bleeder screw caps: 26241fe000

And the caliper paint code if you want to get a paint shop to make you rattle can spray paint its - 2001 Honda civic = Aerosol Spray Paint, 2001 Honda Civic: Inca Prl Y61P

if you want to go a different route.

and 3rd option - nicely done

racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links