Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Lengthen shifter shaft or JDM bubble knob

I'm interested in getting some sort of extension for my shifter. I want to experiment with having the top of the knob closer to the steering wheel. This would only be a temporary setup during things like open track events.

Is there a place that sells extensions, or those JDM bubble knobs? I don't like the look of those, but I can see the advantages. I wonder if there are more subtle looking ones..I wouldn't want flashy pink, lol. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i can get ya the white/blue/or pink bubble knobs PM me if your interested
6 inches higher
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i think a 6inch bubble know would be pretty sick if you get a short shifter with it

i had a 6inch shiftknob without short shifter ..just kinda makes the throw feel weird if youre holding it from the top..you can get used to it though

but yeah..its for sure its closer to the steering wheel..
randyjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
how much for the white?
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:23 AM   #5
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
pm me if your interested
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #6
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I have a ... probably 2 inch thread on shifter extension. Got it from Autobacs. totally bitchin.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
I had a 4inch extension I got from Korea. I think it was about 4200won, so about $4.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I have a ... probably 2 inch thread on shifter extension. Got it from Autobacs. totally bitchin.
I got the same one but with the bend in it to aim the shifter closer to me. I heart it
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
I'm pretty sure you could find something in Lowes in the plumbing section that would work as a thread on extension

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #10
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Eh... B&M shifter + 6" bubble knob works great.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i got a bubble knob , it looks cool but everything in florida thinks its gay because they are a good 5 years behind any trend in cali, so i cant win, but in general its liek driving a pickup truck, but it will get ya outa tickets hahah
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
^^ I don't know what you're talking about. Melbourne/Orlando area peeps love bubble knobs, especially the pink ones (I know of 2, I got one, friend got the other).
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #13
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection

the homies cressida.

if your going to extend it and wont go atleast that high. then dont do it.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Holy shit

Thats awesome.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180

Thats not a shifter! thats a PIMP CANE

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #16
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
^you Damn Right!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
dice looks photoshopped amirite?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #18
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

nope. they are real homieeeeeeeeee
Old 01-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #19
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
SIIIIICK! I'm thing bout adding an extension pipe, like copper style
Old 01-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #20
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Irax are you talking about copper plumbing pipe? It might be weak and bend on you. Might want to go for something solid, or at least thicker/stiffer walls.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #21
driftenthusiast
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
driftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds gay but the show "tuner Transformation" was making a "drifter shifter". Im not sure if they have started selling it yet but it is a short shifter with the extention built in so even with the shifter next to the wheel it has a very short shift. They were testing it at some USDrift events last year.
driftenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #22
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I'd watch out with the bubble knobs.

Another driver broke his in half at Just Drift event.

But if you're just daily driving like that dude with the Pimp Cane Cressida knob, then no worries.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #23
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
+1 for no bubble shift knobs on the track. mine popped off in mid-drift. if you can find a really secure way of putting it then its ok
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #24
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004
+1 for no bubble shift knobs on the track. mine popped off in mid-drift. if you can find a really secure way of putting it then its ok

I doubt it's the knob, its your girly tightening skills.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #25
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways
Eh... B&M shifter + 6" bubble knob works great.

Yup, I'm thinking of getting rid of my C's and going with a B&M + long shifter shaft.

Thanks for the heads up on bubble knobs coming loose or breaking.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:18 AM   #26
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by backroadtouge
Thats not a shifter! thats a PIMP CANE
LOL. New siggy material right there.

I have a bubble knob (5 incher). It is nice for daily driving, but be warned that it makes any sloppiness in your shifter (especially if its stock) way more apparent.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:12 AM   #27
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
yea be careful w/ extensions... i dunno what the one i bought from autobacs was made from but ive broken two of them at the track... bubble knob ftw tho
pic in the cefiro be4 i broke off the extension
Old 01-27-2007, 05:18 AM   #28
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
86.5-88 S12 Shifter (longer and drop in), HKS shift springs in trans, new plastic shifter bushing, Nismo Cylinder Knob. I love the balance and throw, all short shifter always feel like they want to pop out of gear on me.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #29
jdm_s13driftking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jdm_s13driftking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so what the cheapest way to do this i was gonna buy a bubble knob but it sounds like they suck can i just go to home depot and buy some pipe to extend it!!!!!!!
jdm_s13driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #30
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
GO back to 2007 and then to Autobacs and pick up an extension.