Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
revenge240

Trader Rating: (0)
revenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bride Brix 2 seat rails removal

Hi everyone, hope you all are well.
I recently picked up some like-new condition Bride Brix 2 seats with CRX seat rails already attached to them. There are 4 bolts holding the rails onto the seat, 3 of which are easy enough to remove, 1 that seems impossible.
I can actually see the bolt itself, but the rails don’t slide forward or backward enough to access it with a socket wrench (I tried a box end wrench and it definitely couldn’t fit).
It looks like the only 2 options are to either bend the seat mount bracket a bit or cut it off, so I can have better access. A 3rd option would be to hammer the rail stops down so I can slide the rails forward. Pics below for reference, but hopefully somebody who has run into this can give me some insight before I hack away at the rails.
No I won’t reuse the rails, but would want to try and keep them in good shape so I can sell them and get some of my money back.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by revenge240; 05-04-2021 at 11:39 PM..
revenge240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #2
revenge240

Trader Rating: (0)
revenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of lightrevenge240 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone have any idea at all?
Best thing I can think is to bend the bracket tab out of the way, undo the bolt, then bend it back but not sure the next owner of the rails would like seeing that.
Maybe there’s some hidden release or button I’m missing that slides the rails further forward or all the way off so I can remove them from the seat, I’m just not seeing it.
Or maybe when they get assembled they are normally difficult/impossible to completely remove without damaging them?
revenge240 is offline   Reply With Quote