Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
robmontoya11

Trader Rating: (0)
robmontoya11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear ended

HELP!!

My 95' s14 was rear ended yesterday by some careless girl and I fear that they may write my car off as a total loss. How much do you think the insurance company will reimburse me for and do you think it will be totaled?!!

Clean burgundy s14 Zenki 95' SE Non-sunroof, 5 speed
robmontoya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Probably 3-4k after you battle them for a while, most likely totalled. Post a picture
Old 03-15-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Bone stock s14 will be totaled. I got rear ended when I lived in Miami with a 96 chassis. I got to keep my car clean title after battling the insurance company and providing $8k in receipts for all the parts on the car. They re-evaluated the value of the car and settled with me, but in stock form it is more than likely totaled.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:40 PM   #4
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Don"t just agree for it to be totaled , like others said, you have your say and start gathering for sale ads with the drift tax pricing.
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
also if they do decide it's a total loss, workout a deal so you can keep the car and part it out if you think there's salvageable parts to offset the cost and maybe get some money on top of that.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #6
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
in for pix
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:28 PM   #7
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
sounds like they're going to total it, and give you a small ass check.

they offered me 2000 for my silvia with an sr swap and tein coilovers. I got screwed so i had to take the wreck home and pull the parts off otherwise they would have taken my shell to the crusher.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:51 AM   #8
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
What the hell is the point of posting a thread like this? You ask us what we think but you fail to post any pictures providing details we need to help you out. Post pictures so we can see the damage. While we aren't the insurance company, we can give you a pretty damn good idea whether or not it'll be totaled and/or what they may or may not say.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:18 AM   #9
kipaenbe

kipaenbe is an unknown quantity at this point
think there's salvageable parts to offset the cost and maybe get some money on top of that.
kipaenbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #10
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This brings up another point.

Get proper insurance on your car if you want it covered properly against your losses. These cars have LOW values according to KBB for example and insurance companies historical data on depreciation over time. You can always get a policy for X-dollar values, but you'll pay more of course. However, trying to get more for your car after the fact lays the burden on the owner and we all know here that our favorite project car isn't worth much generally speaking.

Worse yet, if you happened to have tricked your car out for say $10K or more, don't expect to get that $10K unless you've had it appraised, filed receipts with the insurance agency (simple picture works) and are paying accordingly.

Asking after the fact leaves a lot of work and stress on you the owner.

As the saying goes, Proper preparation prevents poor performance.