Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ever been screwed by an employer?

I am currently getting screwed. Long story short I was told by my current employer that I was going to be given a pay increase at the end of my probation period but as my probation ended last week I saw that my employment contract had no change in my hourly rate. I went to HR and they basically denied saying such things and I misunderstood them during the interview, which is complete bullshit I know what I was told. On top of that I was assured that I was going to be given strict training but it was the most half asses training given. I am currently working overtime every other week because they fail to realize that the workload is too much for our team to handle.

I understand that I should be "thankful" for even having a job but it's bad enough when you already sell yourself short and still get lead on by an employer.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Happened to me too. $hit happens, sucks.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Happened to my last job a few years ago. My employer forgot about it but ended up giving me the raise a few weeks later.

Just be professional about it. Talk to the person who interviewed you and said that to you (not HR since they don't do shit but go on facebook and play solitaire all day).

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
anything was being told without a written document will always lead to a screw up. they can always deny it without you showing a proof.

sucks for that.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
^^^ truth.

OP just dont overreact and be professional about it. last thing you want to do is make your look like a whining lil baby. trust me, i got screwed like that once.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
280zx2by2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
280zx2by2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A lot of HR people do that during training (or that initial interview process) to get you to stay if they really need you. They don't give a shit about you but they got their job done by getting some one on board for shit wages. Luckily ONE of my jobs isn't like that.
280zx2by2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
ALWAYS get negotiated pay raise structures in writing. I missed 3 raises with my current employer because HR didn't keep track of past commitments and then were slow to deliver when reminded.

That's nothing compared to a previous employer though, who stole $215K from me (one year's pay in selling yachts). He literally sailed off in the sunset with all my money.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Look elsewhere. This behavior is most likely indictive of their process for promotions and raises.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Oh no I am not looking like a whiny baby at work. I still put in 100% but I am very very bitter over it. I am currently looking for a new job so I can quit this bullshit.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Oh no I am not looking like a whiny baby at work. I still put in 100% but I am very very bitter over it. I am currently looking for a new job so I can quit this bullshit.
You will find something better. Just be graceful out the door but make them aware of why you are leaving.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I used to work for my friend's father for 5 years...

65~70hours /week and $1500 per month (cash).. it was worst than a sweatshop
I got pay increase little by little.. still... I was a slave to that guy..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
iamthewinner
BANNED

iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
my boy got a 2cents raise in 6 months period. true story. he works big ass corporat too.
iamthewinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Oh yeah, I was also told that I am not eligible for a raise until march 2013
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
my buddy is gettin bent over by this pizza place he works for. he's been there almost 4 years and runs the place. works 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. he makes $8.50/hr.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Make sure you keep track of your normal time vs overtime.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #16
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i worked for a mom and pop pizza place for one day, long story on that but they just never paid me...-___-
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
iamthewinner
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS562 View Post
my buddy is gettin bent over by this pizza place he works for. he's been there almost 4 years and runs the place. works 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. he makes $8.50/hr.
thats brutal...4 years and not even getting double digits?? tell ur friend to get the fuck outta there naow.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I like working at a hospital. Raises right on time.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewinner View Post
my boy got a 2cents raise in 6 months period. true story. he works big ass corporat too.
If his spelling & grammar skills are at all similar to yours, I can say I'm less than surprised.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #20
iamthewinner
BANNED

good one homie. suk it biznit
Old 02-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
some of you need to bust out of your comfort zones and look for another job. for the love of god!!!

i wholeheartedly agree with putting in your dues, but some of your situations are just ridiculous...
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Been workin at an ice cream parlor for almost a year. Got only a .50 cent increase, and i have to work legit 10.5 hours straight. He says i can take a break, but no one else works during the daytime and it gets too busy at night for me to go get food. i only make $8 an hour
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Been workin at an ice cream parlor for almost a year. Got only a .50 cent increase, and i have to work legit 10.5 hours straight. He says i can take a break, but no one else works during the daytime and it gets too busy at night for me to go get food. i only make $8 an hour
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
Matador
Leaky Injector

Matador is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the working world?
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
ToddgoesJapan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ToddgoesJapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Second day of my new job was today. I have yet to get a schedule, yet to discuss my hourly pay, didn't even have an interview, they're trying to get me to come in when I'm in class (which I clearly stated on my application), and as I was getting off the phone with them today about my schedule (I still don't know when I'm working next), they mentioned something about me traveling 40 minutes to their other location for more hours and training.

I'm thinking that the boss lady bitched to the owner about me not being able to come in at 11 (when I'm in class), and is now just dicking me around and not putting me on the schedule. She seemed like a very unhappy person for the short time I worked with her yesterday, so it wouldn't really surprise me.
ToddgoesJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

I am finally home from my 10 hour day. I CANNOT WAIT till I can fucking quit.

More details into my job. I work for a company that basically helps big banks recoup as much money as they can from foreclosed homes that they lended out for.

The ironic thing is, my company works in the housing market yet they dont even pay me nearly enough to even afford an average mortgage. What kind of shit is that.

If you guys remember me from the other thread,

-Graduated last May with a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice
-3+ years work experience in my field. I stepped out of my field because there are no jobs
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
The ironic thing is, my company works in the housing market yet they dont even pay me nearly enough to even afford an average mortgage. What kind of shit is that.

If you guys remember me from the other thread,

-Graduated last May with a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice
-3+ years work experience in my field. I stepped out of my field because there are no jobs
Well two problems. Lots of people work for things they can't afford. Nothing new. Travel Agent can't afford a vacation, Worker at an Autoplant can't afford they car he builds, Realtor sells houses he can't afford ect.

Second - Fuck CJ, its one of the lamest degrees ever. Few police agency's require a degree, they prefer military experience or the good-ol-boy club, and anything technical or legal related requires a specific degree -chemistry, law, accounting ect.

The degree was created so University's could make bank off the NCIS/CIS/LO craze.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #28
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm in the same situation. I've talked to the manager and he promised me a raise within a month as long as I perform well but it's either my raise or the door.

Looking for a job sucks though, especially right now lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Can't really say you're screwed if it wasn't in writing.

What kind of job is this? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #30
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
on new years eve i had to scrub the corner of the store with a tooth brush, no joke, with customers laughing the entire time. later that month........i love half baked so much I decided to leave saying, f u, f u, you're cool, f u, im out. I had over $100 from employees saying i wouldnt do it.

They didnt know i had to quit for baseball later that week
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote