Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
cant sleep!, crazy wierd fucking dreams what you guys think!

so tonight is the first time i couldnt really sleep i got 1 hr of sleep, and i keeo getting some crazy dreams where i think im astroprojecting myself (idk man) and randomly feel like im getting attacked, i sweat like a mofo and cant get any shut eye!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
thrax
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's been a lot of uncertainty in the world economy since the big crash of 2008. These feelings of uncertainty have left many people with bad dreams and sleepless nights. You are probably not alone.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
it's probably cancer
head cancer
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Don't take acid before you go to bed
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

mannn ): i had 1 hr of sleep and i had a dream where i woke up with a tarantula and it was in a ball like dead i put outside my room and it kinda crawled a bit but it was injured, and then i was told to kill it so i threw a shoe at it and it tryed to bite me but i was in a wake sleep and it felt as if my covers protected me from my bite
Old 08-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Lay off the "uhm uhm " max, stick to trees haha.
hah i had those nights before. Just smoke before you go to bed.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
it's probably stress/anxiety related.

if 'astral projection' experiences (or 'out-of-body' experiences) are involved,
then it's likely that has been going on for some time.
Out-of-body experiences are not to confused with hallucinations and delusions, totally different.

The important thing to look out for is if you feel you may fit the criteria for 'depersonalization disorder'.
Check out the Wiki link I provided.
I would consider seeking help if that might be the case, especially if it's impeding on your social or work life, or just causing you a lot of distress.

check out the wiki link;

Depersonalization disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrax View Post
There's been a lot of uncertainty in the world economy since the big crash of 2008. These feelings of uncertainty have left many people with bad dreams and sleepless nights. You are probably not alone.
that is true, no thanks to Canada.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
Lay off the "uhm uhm " max, stick to trees haha.
hah i had those nights before. Just smoke before you go to bed.
ahaha the uhm uhm? freakin j and i was gonna smoke to relax but i havent gone to the clinic in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
it's probably stress/anxiety related.

if 'astral projection' experiences (or 'out-of-body' experiences) are involved,
then it's likely that has been going on for some time.
Out-of-body experiences are not to confused with hallucinations and delusions, totally different.

The important thing to look out for is if you feel you may fit the criteria for 'depersonalization disorder'.
Check out the Wiki link I provided.
I would consider seeking help if that might be the case, especially if it's impeding on your social or work life, or just causing you a lot of distress.

check out the wiki link;

Depersonalization disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that is true, no thanks to Canada.
i do think its stress or anxiety related, and i kinda skimmed through the wiki. i have had a panic attack recently but idk it was just super random. The out of body stuff, well ill explain a bit further, when i tried sleeping, i kept getting wierd random feelings like i was being attacked and i when i tried sleeoping i was feeling a little paranoid. i started sweating like crazy, anyway i kept trying to sleep but i couldnt, and then around 3-4 i slept about 30mins but thats in total. Aha i kept waking up every 5 mins checking if i was still in bed (i felt like i was leaving my body wierd dreams, anyway at one point i was asleep for about 10mins and i was floating around in my dream and i heard someone knock on a door or something and someone said dont answer and wake up, so i woke up and didnt try sleeping till 7 am got an hr of sleep had a wierd dream idk man but all those thoughts kinda dissapeared

edit: i think what i was feeling would be more of a delusion
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
Bro just drink some Tussin and you will be straight.

Facebook: Pink Ranger Drift
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

thanks im considering!
every option if it keeps happening
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
nismo 240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
nismo 240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
haha its called outer body expericenes...i had alot of them..you see your slef sleep and then freak out and try to get up and your frozen and cant do anything about it..this usualy happens when i super super tired and havent had much sleep
nismo 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo 240sx View Post
haha its called outer body expericenes...i had alot of them..you see your slef sleep and then freak out and try to get up and your frozen and cant do anything about it..this usualy happens when i super super tired and havent had much sleep
the thing is i wasnt tired whatsoever and yeah i didnt see my self so thats why i figured it was a delusion hallucination but idk what would cause it and why i would be soo paranoid!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
drink some nyquil that will knock you out
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
personally, whenever i take nyquil or tylenol pm, my dreams are fucking horrifying.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
speeddream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
speeddream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its probably due to all those chemicals you use to clean carpets foo. They are getting to you.
speeddream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

^^^ ahahaha nah man i hardly use any chemicals that we could breath in lol
Old 08-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #17
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
personally, whenever i take nyquil or tylenol pm, my dreams are fucking horrifying.
yea, i have had sleeping issues my whole life, i've tried a bunch of different sleeping pills and they all give me fucking trippy ass dreams. I already have weird dreams naturally though.

Running/working out before going to sleep helps me sleep more soundly with less dreams. Smoking the ganj helps too. Don't drink red wine before sleeping, the iron supposedly creates strange dreams.

On a different note, i have dreams about driving ALL THE TIME. Different cars and they are feel like they should, like a Ferrari 250 GTO that felt powerful and rev happy with a communicative suspension and a heavy, precise shifter. Automatic 1940 merc hot rod with tall gearing, which felt slow but a good highway cruiser. 4cyl WWII jeep. Of course S chassis too. ETC. Very realistic dreams.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
airhead
Nissanaholic!

airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
That out of body experience is true had that happen to me 2 times I had my reasons why that happen, I cant discuss it here.
scary shii like sleep,dream, then realize your dreaming, then tell your self to wake up in your dream but you cant cuz ur body feels paralized for a couple a sec.
They say when this happends is when you have a demon on top of your chest haha.
Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then again i always had sleeping problems.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Take vitamin B6 250mg or 5-HTP before bed and tell me what happens in the morning >.<

Max, your always trippin out lol i remember that time in your garage we had to give you a banana hahahah
Old 08-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #20
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
In order to project yourself, you have to have family members that do it. Its very random to just 'learn' it and even more random for it to happen with no formal training. OP, when you 'project' and you hear things, do you know who is talking? Heres a tip...when you are dreaming or projecting, try to find something in your dream that will make you know youre dreaming...lack of gravity is a prime example. Once you realize youre dreaming, you make the rules. Yes, i take this shit seriously lol!
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #21
airhead
Nissanaholic!

^inception?
Make sure you put it next to your bed so youll know.

ohh you can buy the whole kit so you know for sure your not dreaming
Inception Spining Top Dice Bishop Poker Chip Totem Set | eBay
Old 08-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #22
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
^inception?
Make sure you put it next to your bed so youll know.

ohh you can buy the whole kit so you know for sure your not dreaming
Inception Spining Top Dice Bishop Poker Chip Totem Set | eBay
Inception no...i meant more like...jumping. sometimes my dreams are so real its scary so i jump but i come down slower..or ill try to fly like the guy from the show heroes lol!
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
In order to project yourself, you have to have family members that do it. Its very random to just 'learn' it and even more random for it to happen with no formal training. OP, when you 'project' and you hear things, do you know who is talking? Heres a tip...when you are dreaming or projecting, try to find something in your dream that will make you know youre dreaming...lack of gravity is a prime example. Once you realize youre dreaming, you make the rules. Yes, i take this shit seriously lol!
well i actually heard myself or some form of me telling me to wake up sounded like i think i sound, and i was floating so i knew i was dreaming, but the 2nd dream was what tripped me out even more i wwoke up in my dream and there was a tarantula in my bed curled into a ball looked dead i picked iot up and i put it outside i was told to kill it by my family members, then i tried and itzipped at me lightning fast and when it bit me i was inbetween being really awake and asleep cause the bite was felt but my covers protected me ,

jose nah man i wasnt doing nada doode just posted was gonna sleep and couldnt, and i was listening to kaskade too lol i was tripping out aha the lyrics made it worse
Old 08-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
melatonin will solve all those problems
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #25
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Melatonin can be hit or miss for some people, Nyquil is bad for the liver and as mentioned can make the dreams even worse... not to mention it tastes like shit.... Marijuana is great if you don't want to dream at all but it's still hard to get a good nights sleep and can cause a groggy feeling in the morning. I've had problems sleeping for years and have tried many different pills (both prescription and OTC) but I've recently discovered an all natural over the counter pill by Nature Made called "Sleep"

First night taking it didn't do a whole lot but took it again the next night and to my surprise I was OUT. Woke up feeling refreshed too.

Have been using it ever since without any complaints.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #26
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
ahaha the uhm uhm? freakin j and i was gonna smoke to relax but i havent gone to the clinic in awhile.

i do think its stress or anxiety related, and i kinda skimmed through the wiki. i have had a panic attack recently but idk it was just super random. The out of body stuff, well ill explain a bit further, when i tried sleeping, i kept getting wierd random feelings like i was being attacked and i when i tried sleeoping i was feeling a little paranoid. i started sweating like crazy, anyway i kept trying to sleep but i couldnt, and then around 3-4 i slept about 30mins but thats in total. Aha i kept waking up every 5 mins checking if i was still in bed (i felt like i was leaving my body wierd dreams, anyway at one point i was asleep for about 10mins and i was floating around in my dream and i heard someone knock on a door or something and someone said dont answer and wake up, so i woke up and didnt try sleeping till 7 am got an hr of sleep had a wierd dream idk man but all those thoughts kinda dissapeared

edit: i think what i was feeling would be more of a delusion
anxiety attacks can be very random, that is one of the attributes of an anxiety attack. I think the thing to look out for is whether or not it's chronic. If it's occurring often, then you ought to get medical help. (think of getting into one when driving, that could be dangerous). Anxiety attacks are also one of the more common symptoms that correlate with depersonalization disorder (if that is indeed what you have)

Otherwise, one of the best ways to deal with anxiety is just start to exercise more. Meditation can help if it works for you.

All else fails, I would suggest talking to your clinician about it. I think they may prescribe you SSRI's, which have a calming effect.

I don't think you're delusional at all (based on what I've read).
Being delusional is like coming up with some really waky ideas, and being entirely convinced they are true.
I.E. You are convinced that you are Jesus Christ.

What you may be getting at is 'hallucinations'
That is like your sensory organs are sensing things that aren't there, but you are convinced that it is.
I.E. You are convinced that you see, hear, smell, touch Jesus.

The very fact that you suspect there is something not quite right about your astral projections / out-of-body experiences goes to show you are neither delusional or hallucinating.
The term 'reality testing' is usually a way to test yourself whether you are in a dream or not.
Ppl who cannot pass this test are usually in trouble of something a whole lot worse (unless it's induced by some physiological, including drug effect).

But don't take my word for it, if you're suffering bad enough I was so go see a professional.
I would also HIGHLY discourage you from self-medicating, esp if the advice isn't given from ppl with any education/training in medicine.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
anxiety attacks can be very random, that is one of the attributes of an anxiety attack. I think the thing to look out for is whether or not it's chronic. If it's occurring often, then you ought to get medical help. (think of getting into one when driving, that could be dangerous). Anxiety attacks are also one of the more common symptoms that correlate with depersonalization disorder (if that is indeed what you have)

Otherwise, one of the best ways to deal with anxiety is just start to exercise more. Meditation can help if it works for you.

All else fails, I would suggest talking to your clinician about it. I think they may prescribe you SSRI's, which have a calming effect.

I don't think you're delusional at all (based on what I've read).
Being delusional is like coming up with some really waky ideas, and being entirely convinced they are true.
I.E. You are convinced that you are Jesus Christ.

What you may be getting at is 'hallucinations'
That is like your sensory organs are sensing things that aren't there, but you are convinced that it is.
I.E. You are convinced that you see, hear, smell, touch Jesus.

The very fact that you suspect there is something not quite right about your astral projections / out-of-body experiences goes to show you are neither delusional or hallucinating.
The term 'reality testing' is usually a way to test yourself whether you are in a dream or not.
Ppl who cannot pass this test are usually in trouble of something a whole lot worse (unless it's induced by some physiological, including drug effect).

But don't take my word for it, if you're suffering bad enough I was so go see a professional.
I would also HIGHLY discourage you from self-medicating, esp if the advice isn't given from ppl with any education/training in medicine.
yeah that was the first time i ever had an attack like that(2weeks ago) and this whole not being able to sleep was the first time its happened, and yeah ill take that exercise idea, and i tried meditating around 7 and i ended clearing my head pretty well and got that 1hr of sleep before that crazy dream, and whatever it is if it happens again tonight ill go see a professional, but for now strong minded ill keep trying to be , thanks tho(:
Old 08-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #28
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Have you ever had an out of body experience?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #29
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

scuba_steve91 is an unknown quantity at this point
have sex
msglength
scuba_steve91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #30
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you think you got troubles sleeping?

im house sitting for my cousins this weekend.
right after i turn the lights off to go to bed, one of my neices toys turns on and says "we cant wait to play with you!" fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.