Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
marijuana hype

somebody decided to discuss this in OT and it was deleted, so here's an LN thread on it
have you noticed lately that premium cable and R rated movies pretty much can't make it to the theater/broadcast without at least a couple weed references? also i've read more than one article in GQ on the subject in the last several months. what up with that? i know it's been in the news a lot lately, but now it almost feels like we're being force fed pot stories
Old 05-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Weed just isn't cool anymore.

Your parents smoke it.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
too mainstream bro.
can't wait for all the recreational cocaine use in movies in the next decade.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
kushlivin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
kushlivin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
prop 215 sb 420 FTW

Girls think stock KA's are fast.
kushlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
weed is bad. i think this guy overdosed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkOddgjYuY
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
J_Rad
BANNED

J_Rad is an unknown quantity at this point
Iz whahai do
J_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
weed is bad. i think this guy overdosed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkOddgjYuY
'And I think we're dead.'

LMAO!!!!
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just found another show called How Weed Won The West. DL it and watch A+ in my book.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
Just found another show called How Weed Won The West. DL it and watch A+ in my book.
i found it on youtube.

if anyone is interested, here's a link...
YouTube - How Weed Won The West part 1
Old 05-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
hmm... i noticed people on there myspace... facebook.. anything that involves a profile that you explain your self.... alotta people ive noticed are always talking about how they smoke weed. idk why there so proud.. i think it may be a faze that people are going through. im not against it i just dont see a reason to be proud of it.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
Marijuana has become socially acceptable just like casual sex and underage drinking.
Not only is smoking weed now socially accepted, but I think it's almost the new norm.
At my high school, kids nonchalantly talk about smoking marijuana all the time.
Personally, I don't smoke, but I don't think it's a very big deal either.
I don't have a problem against the drug or the use of it,
but I do have a problem with the
mentality that a lot of smokers have. Many smokers that I know think that it is completely "OKAY" to smoke but the bottom line is that it is STILL ILLEGAL. (not trying to generalize, but I'm speaking from personal experience)
smoking weed is like street racing! X) ahah

I actually support the legalization along with the taxation of marijuana.
By legalizing marijuana, not only can the government collect more revenue, but government agencies, such as the FDA, could possibly regulate the quality of the marijuana.
By creating a set of standards for the drug, it can help ensure the safety of the users.
Not to mention the possible reduction of crime due to the drug cartels and illegal sale of marijuana.
The prohibition of marijuana also creates a "forbidden fruit" type of appeal to the drug itself.
It makes it seem "bad" and "rebellious," so people want to do it even more.
...I think I'm starting to stray away from the topic of the thread.. so I guess I'll stop my rant... my bad X) sorry to the op..

coupe <3
dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #12
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Weed isn't cool because s0ap isn't here to talk about the saganistic qualities of it.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #13
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCesar! View Post
i found it on youtube.

if anyone is interested, here's a link...
YouTube - How Weed Won The West part 1
here's the whole video in one piece:

MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it
Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 AM   #14
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
weeed.... the missing link between cig's and beer lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #15
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
yeah, i miss s0ap in a totally gay buttsechs way.

so george mother fucking washington smoked weed.....wtf.

Last edited by shiftdrift; 05-17-2010 at 02:34 AM..
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #16
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
dont really smoke... but I watched How High yesterday and felt like rollin one up... lol I love it when mike epps has his homie powder his hand to commence upon bitch slappin

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #17
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Some 12 year olds already do it therefore it is uncool.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
Synergy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Synergy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
LOLS.
Comparing weed use to street racing is one of the worst examples i have ever seen.

Street racing. You can die. People with you can die. Random pedestrians can die. You can tie up traffic for hours, You also cost tax money since cops have to come. You can also destroy thousands of dollars....
Yeah weed is just like that. Exactly.

Legalize bitch.

No reason not to.

If the government owned govt farms they could grow it for pennies on the dollar. Imagine if a O was 20$.... Nobody would grow it...It would basicly be tabbaco. People wouldnt spend 100s of dollars on it. The govt could track the % of thc they could also tax the shit out of it and use the taxes to fight other drugs like cocain or meth. Let us pot heads pay for your safety.

Youd be stupid not to.. And does anyone know why weed is illegal? It was the #1 pain killer at one point. You know the big drug companys couldnt be havin none of that SMEAR CAMPAIGN!
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #19
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
LOLS.
Comparing weed use to street racing is one of the worst examples i have ever seen.

Street racing. You can die. People with you can die. Random pedestrians can die. You can tie up traffic for hours, You also cost tax money since cops have to come. You can also destroy thousands of dollars....

Legalize bitch.

No reason not to.

If the government owned govt farms they could grow it for pennies on the dollar. Imagine if a O was 20$.... Nobody would grow it...It would basicly be tabbaco. People wouldnt spend 100s of dollars on it. The govt could track the % of thc they could also tax the shit out of it and use the taxes to fight other drugs like cocain or meth. Let us pot heads pay for your safety.

Youd be stupid not to.. And does anyone know why weed is illegal? It was the #1 pain killer at one point. You know the big drug companys couldnt be havin none of that SMEAR CAMPAIGN!
I wasn't really comparing the two actions, I was comparing the mentalities of the people that do them.
They think that there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.
..and it was kind of a joke...

coupe <3
dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
jibanez
Leaky Injector

jibanez will become famous soon enoughjibanez will become famous soon enoughjibanez will become famous soon enoughjibanez will become famous soon enough
pssh weed is for high schoolers grow up.
jibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #21
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Some 12 year olds already do it therefore it is uncool.
i know you're joking. but on a serious note. i feel bad for people who smoke it for the mere reason of trying to be 'cool'.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I still tring to figure out why This Subject keeps popping up.

Honetly, IMO if they pass it and make it legal, Umm ok ... If they Don't, Umm ok ...

It doesn't effect me, I don't smoke or do any type of Illegal Drug .. Matter of Fact, I try not to take anything ..

But I do Agree, this is a High School thing more then anything ...

I guess like anything we do, as we get older what we value or do changes...

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

legalize of marijuana could bring CA a lot of needed revenue to help our economy. our state brings in more brings in over $14,000,000 in marijuana. (that's the most of all our agricultural commodities.) the tax revenue from that amount alone would be something like 1.4 billion a year. And, let's not forget all the people we pay to keep in jail for marijuana related charges, court cases we pay for and everything else that comes with it being illegal.

quite a big deal IMO
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #24
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
i know you're joking. but on a serious note. i feel bad for people who smoke it for the mere reason of trying to be 'cool'.

Im not joking, a friend of mine caught his 12 year old brother with that stuff. When asked why the stupid tool said because it was "cool".
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Quote:
legalize of marijuana could bring CA a lot of needed revenue to help our economy. our state brings in more brings in over $14,000,000 in marijuana. (that's the most of all our agricultural commodities.) the tax revenue from that amount alone would be something like 1.4 billion a year. And, let's not forget all the people we pay to keep in jail for marijuana related charges, court cases we pay for and everything else that comes with it being illegal.

quite a big deal IMO

You have a Good point with the inmates and having to pay for them ..

But I look at it like this .. It will be one more problem of stupid people abusing it and doing stupid things..

I know People are ALL READY doing this, But legalized, IMO, would create a Huge outbreak of Problems ..

But economic's path, you are correct .. It could bail out CA ..

2015 Subaru STI
A Ton of Projects
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
LOLS.

Actually all of those things im sure have happened while someone was high as hell. Pretty sure while high, you could wreck, kill yourself and your passengers, you could def tie up traffic, pedestrians are in harms way, and i do believe that weed is illegal so that means that the cops are going to be looking for it. Finally, How much money have you spent/destroyed on weed?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #27
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift N Dragg View Post
You have a Good point with the inmates and having to pay for them ..

But I look at it like this .. It will be one more problem of stupid people abusing it and doing stupid things..

I know People are ALL READY doing this, But legalized, IMO, would create a Huge outbreak of Problems ..

But economic's path, you are correct .. It could bail out CA ..
I disagree. Even if it were legalized and everyone went "weed crazy" as you implied, they very nature of the drug prevents it from having the kind of negative backlash on society that we already deal with from alcohol use. The pro's by FAR out weight the possible negative affects of legal weed.

Its only a matter of time, really. Those of you who are hardcore against the legalization either need to get used to the idea, or move. Mark my words, marijuana will be at the very least, nationally decriminalized in the next 7-10 years.
sirfallsalot243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #28
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfallsalot243 View Post
I disagree. Even if it were legalized and everyone went "weed crazy" as you implied, they very nature of the drug prevents it from having the kind of negative backlash on society that we already deal with from alcohol use. The pro's by FAR out weight the possible negative affects of legal weed.

Its only a matter of time, really. Those of you who are hardcore against the legalization either need to get used to the idea, or move. Mark my words, marijuana will be at the very least, nationally decriminalized in the next 7-10 years.
not disputing that fact... but I use to know people that smoked in the car .. There Judgement was VERY impared .. now if its legal, even though there will be restrictions on when it, same as Alcohol, you think that would stop them?

How Many Alcoholics still Drive under the Influence .. I understand that Alcohol is by no means, 100 Times worse, I am just stating the possible recourse .. I could very well be 100% Mistaken..

2015 Subaru STI
A Ton of Projects
Old 05-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #29
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenwhite1989 View Post
Actually all of those things im sure have happened while someone was high as hell. Pretty sure while high, you could wreck, kill yourself and your passengers, you could def tie up traffic, pedestrians are in harms way, and i do believe that weed is illegal so that means that the cops are going to be looking for it. Finally, How much money have you spent/destroyed on weed?
So much wrong with this post. Where do i start?

All of those things happening while someone is high- wouldnt that be irrelevant? If someone is street racing, the risk is there regardless of marijuana's influence. If you've ever smoked weed, youd know that MOST people are much less likely to engage in street racing while driving stoned (not that i condone stoned driving, just saying). The fact of the matter is, those are risks associated and caused by the racing, not the weed. If someone happened to be racing stoned and get into an accident, the racing would be the cause, the weed would be a contributing factor. Legal weed by itself doesnt kill people, nor tie up traffic.

How much money have I spent/destroyed on weed?

Lets start with "destroyed." All of that money that i've "destroyed" by buying pot would be going directly back into our economy if it were legal. Our government insists upon keeping it illegal, forcing people who would otherwise not be criminals, into dealing with drug dealers and putting money into a black market. Although these days, 90% of the weed i get is coming from Cali. So thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift N Dragg View Post
not disputing that fact... but I use to know people that smoked in the car .. There Judgement was VERY impared .. now if its legal, even though there will be restrictions on when it, same as Alcohol, you think that would stop them?

How Many Alcoholics still Drive under the Influence .. I understand that Alcohol is by no means, 100 Times worse, I am just stating the possible recourse .. I could very well be 100% Mistaken..
Thats actually one of the main reasons pot is still illegal. If it became legal, it'd have to be illegal while driving. Problem is, we can only test for weed in your system.. theres no way to test of the cannabinoids are active. Theres no "blood weed content" test. And i agree with you that weed while driving is an impairment. But i cannot say it is "VERY" impaired. Maybe for a newbie smoker... I dont get too stoned to drive anymore. At most, smoking pot is a minor impairment for me.

But more on the subject- would those laws restricting stoned driving prevent anyone from doing it? Maybe, maybe not. Thats not a topic to debate when the initial topic is legalizing pot though. Thats a police enforcement issue. Do people follow laws BECAUSE theyre the law? I think people generally do whatever they want- the law says no drunk driving, but it doesnt seem like that stops many people. I dont drive drunk ever. Because I know that I cant drive when I'm drunk. I dont refrain from drunk driving because its illegal.. i dont do it because its STUPID.

The people who want to smoke pot will smoke pot regardless of what the law says. The laws arent stopping anyone now, so why not make it easier on everyone and start makin some fuckin money off it?!
sirfallsalot243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #30
stevenwhite1989
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
stevenwhite1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfallsalot243 View Post
Lets start with "destroyed." All of that money that i've "destroyed" by buying pot would be going directly back into our economy if it were legal. Our government insists upon keeping it illegal, forcing people who would otherwise not be criminals, into dealing with drug dealers and putting money into a black market.
I dont believe the government is FORCING you people into buying drugs from drug dealers