Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
DEFTONES- DIAMOND EYES MAY 22nd

I seriously cant wait for this shit to drop. I've been a deftones fan since I was 12yrs old and i've loved everything they've done since. This album is truly going to be amazing from the little i've heard.

If there are any other deftones fans or if you are just a music junkie and have an open mind to music... please discuss

YouTube - Deftones - Rocket Skates (Official Video)
YouTube - Deftones-Diamond Eyes
jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hrmn... how are they releasing another album, didn't chino's ass have a stroke? it's probably going to be some super mellow ass album unless someone else is doing all of the yelling for him.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
jimmytango00

jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
hrmn... how are they releasing another album, didn't chino's ass have a stroke? it's probably going to be some super mellow ass album unless someone else is doing all of the yelling for him.

No, chino never had a stroke.

Im going to take a wild guess and assume you didn't even listen to the songs.

GTFO!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
i <3 Deftones!
abe cunningham kills that drum set!
cant wait either. although i was alll wet when i heard their album "EROS" was releasing in oct.
it never came out :/
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
ive been into deftones since 7th grade(13 years ago) favorite album has to be adrenaline...cant wait for the new album to drop...has anybody seen them live???? they kick ass!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
too bad Chi Cheng isnt playng on ths album
some of my favorite tracks are be quiet and drive, hexagram, good morning beautiful...soooo many good songs
Old 03-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
jimmytango00

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeedrft View Post
ive been into deftones since 7th grade(13 years ago) favorite album has to be adrenaline...cant wait for the new album to drop...has anybody seen them live???? they kick ass!
yea, i've seen them about 7 times now. I saw them at the private show they had at virgin mega in hollywood a few years back and got to meet them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_kidd View Post
too bad Chi Cheng isnt playng on ths album
some of my favorite tracks are be quiet and drive, hexagram, good morning beautiful...soooo many good songs
It sucks that CHI didn't pull through in time for this album. but we need to keep our heads up cause i know CHI would be proud and happy for the rest of the band. The cool thing is that CHI specifically picked Sergio Vega (current bass player) to fill in a few years back, so if anyone deserves it its Sergio

Quote:
i <3 Deftones!
abe cunningham kills that drum set!
cant wait either. although i was alll wet when i heard their album "EROS" was releasing in oct.
it never came out :/
Yes! abe is definitely my favorite drummer. I know there are better drummers that our technical and all crazy and what not, but Abe has this super unique style and groove that i've never heard in anyone else.

Oh and EROS was just put aside till CHI gets better. They Did not feel right releasing it since it was written with CHI, so they wrote all new material for Diamond Eyes.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #8
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

im a drummer myself so i know abes talent (no homo)
so much groove and rythm
fucking amazing lol i can talk about deftones all day ahahah
Old 03-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
jimmytango00

same here man , he really influenced my style of drumming
Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #10
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
im a drummer myself so i know abes talent (no homo)
so much groove and rythm
fucking amazing lol i can talk about deftones all day ahahah
i play guitar....lets start a deftones cover band lol....i know alot of their songs
Old 03-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

favorite song "head up"....keeps me pumped through the day
Old 03-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeedrft View Post
favorite song "head up"....keeps me pumped through the day
yessssss
easily my favorite.
thank god good bands from before this past decade of shit still put out quality music.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #13
jimmytango00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
yessssss
easily my favorite.
thank god good bands from before this past decade of shit still put out quality music.

I always find my self listen to bands i listened to growing up. There are still good bands out there but you have to look hard.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango00 View Post
No, chino never had a stroke.

Im going to take a wild guess and assume you didn't even listen to the songs.

GTFO!
ah, ok it was a while ago I saw the news, it was chi cheng who was hospitalized. why all of the stupid ass tabloids said chino was hospitalized and was in a coma, wtf. lol
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Deftones are too epic.

I've seen them 8 times over the years, and they never dissapoint!

I love that new Rocket Skates song, and cannot wait for this album....

My favorite songs are still 7 words, Be Quiet and Drive, Digital Bath, Head up, Around the fur....and shit there's another one off of adrenaline that I really like and the name escapes me...
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #16
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yes, thanks for the post man! I would have slept on the release of this cd! My fav cd is White Pony, and i also love the cover songs they did about 2-3 years give or take! I wish Tool and Deftones would do some more tracks together!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #17
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Classy Sacramento rock at its finest!

I just saw them in concert a year or so ago here in sac....good show....
XeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I personally like the Knife Party acoustic/live version I have on my pc.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
bornslippy73
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (45)
bornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the roughbornslippy73 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
I can't wait!! I never get tired of their music.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #20
jimmytango00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornslippy73 View Post
I can't wait!! I never get tired of their music.

the album leaked, shits amazing, better than I expected, yes i will still buy it.

deftones FTMFW!

here is one of the songs off the new album.

Enjoy / discuss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgZcq_LqyzM
Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #21
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
yes, thanks for the post man! I would have slept on the release of this cd! My fav cd is White Pony, and i also love the cover songs they did about 2-3 years give or take! I wish Tool and Deftones would do some more tracks together!
I concur. Nothing tops White Pony...
Passenger is their best song. In my opinion.

It's to bad when I've seen them live they were less than amusing... But I don't think I've seen them since the Summer Sanitarium Tour.. Back in what, '03???

This new stuff is pretty decent. Nice to see that there are still musicians that don't suck... The last half of the decade sucked fucking ass.... Only a handful of bands put out some top quality shit..

And now I'm going to go listen to some Tool... lol
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #22
hegamiz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
hegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hell yeah can't wait for this! The singles are already in my ipod lol

Favorite album has to be Around the Fur just cause of My Own Summer i grew up with that album. nostalgia love it!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
Passenger is their best song. In my opinion.
I agree with you here. Maynards voice is so eerie in that song, it gives me chills.

I really hope this album has a heavier undercurrent to it. I can't say I enjoyed their last album as much as adrenaline or white pony. So far the two songs I've heard are too soft for my tastes (vocally at least).
Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #24
jimmytango00

white pony was a good album but around the fur still owns. White pony is a bitter sweet album, warner brothers goal with that album was to make them "mainstream" and like "limp bizkit" as far as popularity not sound. It kinda worked cause everyone and their momma knew change in the house of flies and everyone I know that likes deftones found out about them cause of white pony.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #25
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

so its coming out may 4th!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #26
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWpREY6KinI
fuuuuuuuuuck!<33

Last edited by R@ddy; 04-27-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #27
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Deftones are so good. Cant wait for this album.