Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
S13 KA24DE-T into 98 S14 - Basic questions

Did some searching with poor results. Anyone done this?

What's the best way to accomplish the wiring? I'm thinking re-use the S14 engine harness, modify it to work with the s13 motorset, swap the distributor over.

Does the Nistune type-4 board work with the OBD2 s14 KA24DE ecu?

What else should I be aware of swapping the 13 KA into the 14?
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
Use S13 KA wiring harness and ecu...done

I just did the opposite on my car
Old 12-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Thanks for the reply! From what I understand the s13 harness will not interface with the fuse/relay block nor any of the dash/interior connectors? Well without a lot of splicing, which I don't mind but would prefer to avoid if possible. Did you run into any other random issues with your swap?

Also I believe the 14 engine harness will work properly, provided I swap the 14 distributor and intake manifold over. I'd prefer to run the 14 ecu + harness, along with a Nistune board if possible..

If someone who's done this swap could confirm or post up other things I've missed I'd greatly appreciate!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
If you have an s14 harness use that all you have to do is get a s14 dizzy and most plugs should line up ex. IACV and TPS etc etc and wiring a s13 harness into a s14 is possible and has been done but its a mess!!
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

eesforteen, thank you for the info. Sounds like s14 eng harness + s14 distributor + s14 I/M + s14 ECU is the way to roll with the s13 motorset.

My latest diggings on NISTune seem to show it only supports up to 1995/OBD1 S14 KA24DE ecus. I have a greddy e-manage that I can use but would rather not.. any input on EMS would be appreciated.