Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Autozone E-Fans

Had to get them because nothing else would fit my RB set up that was avail. right away.. Don't know if i'll regret it however, the car is not running yet. I'm running a 14" and 12" together. I had a friend tell me these fans were big POS's... I know they dont flow too much... 12" - 800cfm and 14" - 1300 cfm (those are flows without resistance). Any body have any experience with these cheap fans?
opponheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont know anything about them, but since you're skeptical about it I'm going to be an ass.
Cheap tuner pays twice.
Trick.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
doesn't seem like they flow that much air
MisawaJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
or a ka or eqivelent they are fine, for a an RB your fucking up. take that shit back and get the legit shit. trust i worked there for some time. i now hate that fucking place

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
A fan is only as good as the shroud around it. If there's no shroud, it's useless.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
wtf thats not true clutch fans dont need shrouds they work just fine without one

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
im running two 14 pusher and never have any problems with them at all even when its 115 at willow
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
A fan is only as good as the shroud around it. If there's no shroud, it's useless.
Well.... if it's a pusher, a shroud would probably block out all the air lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix36 View Post
wtf thats not true clutch fans dont need shrouds they work just fine without one
You are a FUCKING MORON if you think your clutch fan is working at 100% of its potential if you're running it without a shroud.

Don't be coming onto here and saying that shit like it was written in the Bible either DUDEBRO.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
get in the zone.... VATO zone

yessssssssssss

no seriously though, i love them. they give me some KICK ass prices (commercial).

not sure if i would use a fan on the 240 though. well, maybe my daily beater.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im willing to bet you will have heating issues. most RB swap guys do. the cfm is just too low. last summer i had a single 14" misimoto (1900 cfm) and i had heating issues in stop and go driving. i upgraded and added another 14" from iLL garage (2200 cfm) i think i should be good now even though i have yet to test it. so far the best cooling mod i did was cut the nostrils out of my pignose bumper to allow more air in. make sure you get a good aftermarket temp sensor too, the one in the cluster sucks ass
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
im willing to bet you will have heating issues. most RB swap guys do. the cfm is just too low. last summer i had a single 14" misimoto (1900 cfm) and i had heating issues in stop and go driving. i upgraded and added another 14" from iLL garage (2200 cfm) i think i should be good now even though i have yet to test it. so far the best cooling mod i did was cut the nostrils out of my pignose bumper to allow more air in. make sure you get a good aftermarket temp sensor too, the one in the cluster sucks ass
do you/did you have a fan shroud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #12
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix36 View Post
Working fine and working properly are two different things. Using an OE temp gauge you'd never know but without a shroud you'll see a minimum of 10 degrees warmer coolant.

Go back to Auto 101 with your suggestions.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

no shroud. just put some new foam inbetween the rad support when i put in my mishimoto aluminum rad

both are pushers also
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #14
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
no shroud. just put some new foam inbetween the rad support when i put in my mishimoto aluminum rad

both are pushers also

i have no shroud as well just two 14 inch pushers from auto zone, running them both to swtiches and i have a stri water temp gauge never ever have i had overheating problems. i live near palm springs where summer temps hover around 100 and go to willow where its even hotter and its fine.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
If you have pushers, you'd have the fans in front of the rad... I somehow think having shrouds in this case would HINDER the cooling performance, since you would be basically blocking air from going through the radiator, which is what needs to happen for an air-to-air radiator to work.

If you have PULLERS, then yes, ducting and shrouding would be beneficial.

Basically, I'm not sure why all the people with pushers are chiming in to say they have no shrouding...
Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

because someone asked me if i had one
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
1slowS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i have a 16" fan on a stock radiator with a stock ka. shits loud.

i have mine as a puller with no shroud, and works fine and keeps my temps down.

would it be more benificial for me to put it in as a pusher infront of my rad? since i dont have any shrouding and all?
1slowS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowS13 View Post
i have a 16" fan on a stock radiator with a stock ka. shits loud.

i have mine as a puller with no shroud, and works fine and keeps my temps down.

would it be more benificial for me to put it in as a pusher infront of my rad? since i dont have any shrouding and all?
You could.

Or you can just nab a stock KA shroud and put it on, making sure the e-fan is centered on the hole of the shroud.