Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
CA bogging and rough idle

good morning america,

a friend of mine has an issue with his CA18DET. it idles really rough and bogs on throttle. we checked for vac leaks and found nothing yet.

usually when you pull the vac line going from the wastegate to the intake manifold it should rev up on idle (we tested that on a friends CA) but when whe pull it on his it just dies.

we're going to replace the MAF and see if it gets better but the vac issue is puzzling me.

thanks in advance.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
TTrx7Pete
Zilvia Member

TTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her self
How are you checking for vacuum leaks? I've found that some of my vacuum leaks would not show up until I had a constant 20psi of pressure, pressurizing my system.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
nevermind, we changed the MAF and it runs better now.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote