Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: What do you think of that rule?
It's great - Saves my time / Zilvia's bandwidth 106 55.50%
It's ok - I see it's value, but don't really care 27 14.14%
It's crap - Serves no purpose / Too strict 8 4.19%
My opinion doesn't match any of these. See my reply. 4 2.09%
Pineapple? 46 24.08%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wheels & Tires forum rule

This one:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=101654
Regarding posting all pertinent wheel info in thread title.

Tell me what you think.
Pick your answer and if you feel the need, expound in a reply.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I almost voted for Pineapple, but then I thought...

I think it's completely appropriate and valuable. For instance if your 5 lug and looking for wheels, you don't even have to look at the 4 lug wheels threads cause they're usless to you.

I know I've mentioned this to you before, but I think Pics should be mandatory too. Digi cams are so incredibly cheap now-a-days there's no excuse.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
The more info required in post title/post the better. Otherwise it seems you get these posts that leave out crucial details... It's almost like if you don't tell half these guys to include the PCD, offset & diameter, they'll "forget".

Exitspeed, I agree with you on mandatory pics.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
'90RPS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
+1 for everything mentioned so far. *a
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Me like.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
I say the more info the better. It helps save with asking so many redundant questions. They should also post pics or list that they can email pics if requested.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew935
I say the more info the better. It helps save with asking so many redundant questions. They should also post pics or list that they can email pics if requested.
I don't like the "em for pics" thing. It's an extra step someone has to take to see the wheels. If you really wanna sell'em take 2 sec initially and post'em up and you save yourself and everyone else a lot of time.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #8
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
I don't like the "em for pics" thing. It's an extra step someone has to take to see the wheels. If you really wanna sell'em take 2 sec initially and post'em up and you save yourself and everyone else a lot of time.
+1 you're right. They should take the extra time to post pics since they want them sold...
Old 12-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
at first pinnapple. haha JK

its for the win.

the only thing I think I can add, would be how pissed I usualy am when they never post pictures of the rims / condition etc.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #10
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
It is definately necessary because of the different types of wheels out there. Pics should be mandatory because even if u can't afford a camera you can borrow one.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
The rule should only be enforced if they DON'T put it in the TITLE, and then don't post it in the FOR SALE.

On this forum stuff like width and offset are important, PCD is kinda redundant (Look at the wheel face and count the holes).

Bascially it should be

In title in post

In title not in post

Not in title in post

Not in title not in post.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
pineapple???

sorry.... just had to vote but its a good rule because it saves time asking about all the info etc. and why would you list a product like that without giving full specs anyhow.... sloppy posting means you might be a bad seller...
Old 12-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #13
S13 Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
S13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura aboutS13 Charlie has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S13 Charlie
The wheels for sale section ends up being cluttered with a kajillion locked threads. If there is relevant info left out of the title, I think the post should be allowed as long as it's in the body of the thread. When you hover over a thread link, it gives you the first few lines of the post, and usually any left out info is there.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #14
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Shits stupid, Mr. daddypants rolling into my thread and locking it because I didn't list a PCD.

If you can't look at the picture, and see 5 holes, then see that they came off a 240SX, and still can't tell that they're 5x114.3 I don't need your dumbass spamming in my PM box with "I'd buy them if my cat hadn't died".
Old 12-19-2006, 01:47 AM   #15
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants
....locking it because I didn't list a PCD.

If you can't look at the picture, and see 5 holes
The idea is to prevent users from having to open a thread to SEE a pic to find out if it's 5 holes or not. On top of that, not all FS posts have pics, so your argument is moot.
People need to stop taking locked threads personally.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:14 AM   #16
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I voted "pineapple," because I know where it came from

And I write too!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants
Shits stupid, Mr. daddypants rolling into my thread and locking it because I didn't list a PCD.

If you can't look at the picture, and see 5 holes, then see that they came off a 240SX, and still can't tell that they're 5x114.3 I don't need your dumbass spamming in my PM box with "I'd buy them if my cat hadn't died".
Yea, why should I even have to open your thread if I'm not looking for 5 lug wheels? It saves time. Don't be a time waster.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:01 AM   #18
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Does anyone agree with me or what? I think that's the most logical way to handle it. Also the locked threads should just be deleted, with a PM sent to the user linking them to my rule.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
Does anyone agree with me or what? I think that's the most logical way to handle it. Also the locked threads should just be deleted, with a PM sent to the user linking them to my rule.
The PM part would be a pain for the Mods, though I think deleting it is a better solutions then just locking it and filling the area up with locked threads. Especially after Phlip whirlwinds his way through there.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #20
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
locked threads are like skulls and skeletons on the ground leading up to a dungeon. They serve as a reminder and a warning... Locked threads don't clutter the board IMO.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #21
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
saves time and bandwith because sometimes going to zilv feels like i'm using 2400bps modem (blleeee, blaaaaaa, pssssssshhhh, nggggggg, beeeeeep) even tho i have broadband,
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #22
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei240
saves time and bandwith because sometimes going to zilv feels like i'm using 2400bps modem (blleeee, blaaaaaa, pssssssshhhh, nggggggg, beeeeeep) even tho i have broadband,
It shouldn't anymore with the new server...
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #23
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
Quote:
It shouldn't anymore with the new server...
you'd think so...
but out of all the sites i normally go to daily, zilvia is slowest of 'em all,
sometimes even times out...

dunno...
Old 12-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #24
mrmephistopheles

Wei - it's likely an issue for you locally or at your ISP.
Zilvia is fast for me, and I'm in Japan.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #25
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
The PM part would be a pain for the Mods, though I think deleting it is a better solutions then just locking it and filling the area up with locked threads. Especially after Phlip whirlwinds his way through there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mello88
locked threads are like skulls and skeletons on the ground leading up to a dungeon. They serve as a reminder and a warning... Locked threads don't clutter the board IMO.
Both above posts quoted for truth.
Locking the thread is one CLICK that comes with posting, watch this:

Simple enough?
Compare that to doing it this way:
First, I click here, which shows me this new drop down,, where I must now click "Delete Thread":

And now I must select HOW I want to delete it, I can "soft" delete it, showing users that there was a thread there, or I can "physically remove" it, which makes it seem like it never happened. See here:

But wait, NOW I have to initiate a PM to a user who might have a problem with their thread being locked, so I must scroll back to and click their name, as in:

Now I have to go fully to the motions of titling and typing a private message to the user explaining what happened to their thread...

My issue, here, is that in that PM, I will GLADLY include a link to the thread that reasoned my locking/deleting their thread, but in the time it took, I now have to take the same action with 5 more.
-OR-
I can simply copy the link, paste it into every offending thread accompanying the post with which I lock the thread, then move on to the next.
The graveyard it frequently creates is FAR more effective than deleting them and holding their hands, almost as if to reward them for ignoring what was in a sticky at the top of the very forum they posted in.

And I write too!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #26
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
dammm phlip..... not enough threads for you to lock today? so you had to tkae 30 minutes to post up all those pics? lol

your the man!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 AM   #27
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lol, +1 rep to Philip for fully explaining why its easier to lock threads than deleting them.
edit: Im not a big fan of pineapple so I voted #1 option :P
Old 12-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #28
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx
dammm phlip..... not enough threads for you to lock today? so you had to tkae 30 minutes to post up all those pics? lol

your the man!
Dude, I had explained it in plain English to people before, but some just won't seem to want to like it. I figured to go ahead and take the necessary time to make that post to explain with photographs, my very point.

And I write too!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #29
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I think that the first option is best...

I see McRussellPant's point.. but not everyone is 5 lug, which isn't something I didn't think about at first.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #30
snatch13
Zilvia Addict

snatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfectionsnatch13 is close to perfection
I like the first option.

If anyone has a problem with it, Phlip can just get out the ban stick...
Closed Thread