Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:13 AM   #1
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
death of a BMW M3 GTR

it happened in june 06

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...=m3flipmp4.flv

owned by a GTO

detail at here
http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6724
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #2
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
"I was conscious for the whole thing. I felt every one. I mean, I was sure I was going to be badly hurt. I was like, 'Oh, this is bad."

hahahahahhahahaah instead of

"OH FUCK OH SHIT FUCK AH CRAP SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!"
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:44 AM   #3
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiI40sx
hahahahahhahahaah instead of

"OH FUCK OH SHIT FUCK AH CRAP SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!"
HKsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:03 AM   #4
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKsilvia

hes not that funny.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:25 AM   #5
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn... i would have had sex with that bmw... now its TOO fucked... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Old news kinda. That was not a m3 gtr though. Just a race prepped m3. Pretty sure atleast?
Old 09-02-2006, 11:05 AM   #7
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^You are correct. I saw this on Speed the day after it happened. They kept showing it over and over again beause Hands was at the race the very next day. Not driving, but still fairly amazing that he walked away from that rollover.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Thanks for clear it up, i saw the post at another forum and that is what the poster described
Old 09-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
No problem. Glad I could help.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #10
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman
hes not that funny.
hey screw you! im gonna rep u for that!
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
By the way, the "Hands" who ThatGuy refers to is Joey Hand, the driver of that PTG prepped M3 (as mentioned, no GTR). Completely unavoidable in my book as the TRG GTO should have given him space. Also, there was a berm outside the track for whatever reason during contruction of the new surface sending the car flying.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #12
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Yeah, sorry for the mis-spelling of Hand. I know who he is, as should anyone who read the article posted in the first post. The GTO definitely should have given him room, the crossover road was just in the perfectly wrong place to send him flying. Amazing crash to watch, knowing that he walked away.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
What was funny is that during the interveiw, he said while he was flipping, he was assessing the damage done on each role/hit !!!

Shoot, if that was me, Ill be praying
Old 09-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
crazy crash. i like the MAD TyTe yellow headlight.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #15
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
It definitely pissed me off, the GTO nudged him from the rear sending him oversteering off track. Some of the manuvers done in racing are so shit. Was the GTO driver penalised in anyway? I know Hand said he was not upset and that it was a strict racing incident in his eyes, but old buddy in the GTO should have been keeping his distance more then negative 6 inches
Old 09-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

No, its a simple racing incident. In a case like that, its more discretion as Joey Hand could give him room as it seemed like he had a fender on him. But also, its very close and Joey was already committed to the corner so.............Also, no one suspected that a 12 inch high berm would be on the outskirts. Normally drivers can run offtrack for a little and get on a little later (which he was well on the way to doing).

Also, Joey was lucky the car rotated while in the air instead of rotating/hitting/rotating/hitting/etc. If that was the scenario, it would have been a different outcome.

Whichever way, Im glad Joey survived and walked away with minor bruises. Its also a given that that car will probably never see the track again.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 AM   #17
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I was reading the article, whats the Hans Device that their talking about?
Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:43 AM   #18
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Tech/HANS_Device.asp

Nevermind, found it.
Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #19
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX
No, its a simple racing incident. In a case like that, its more discretion as Joey Hand could give him room as it seemed like he had a fender on him. But also, its very close and Joey was already committed to the corner so.............Also, no one suspected that a 12 inch high berm would be on the outskirts. Normally drivers can run offtrack for a little and get on a little later (which he was well on the way to doing).

Also, Joey was lucky the car rotated while in the air instead of rotating/hitting/rotating/hitting/etc. If that was the scenario, it would have been a different outcome.

Whichever way, Im glad Joey survived and walked away with minor bruises. Its also a given that that car will probably never see the track again.

I know that the terrible wreck was a complete accident, but Hand getting set off track was avoidable. He would have never regained that position had he not wrecked because of the bump. I still think that whoever it was, was driving overly aggressivly

I just watched it again and the Hand outbraked the GTO going into the turn and had committed to it, but the GTO then scuffed against Hand pushing him off. I stand by my over aggressive comment by the GTO. I tried to edit but Zilvia wouldnt let me for whatever. Sorry mods!

Last edited by ThatGuy; 09-05-2006 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: No problem, I'll gladly help you out.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #20
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Me, I personally believe that the GTO driver (I just cant seem to remember his name for some reason) should have yielded the spot as he didnt have thatmuch of a fender on him. But, then again, when you mix big buck racers who all they want to do is DRIVE, its not exactly easy to say 'no, after you sir.'

Its thier job. They get paid to win or give 200 %. Not to yield to another driver (although sometimes, to avoid circumstances, its best to use discretion).
Old 09-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #21
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

what will happen if this happen in a track day?
Old 09-06-2006, 04:40 AM   #22
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

First, if you are driving like this during a track day, you dont even deserve to walk. As far as I am concerned, a trackday is where you learn the track and car and you are not able to pass (or even attempt to) unless you are given a pass wave or point by.

Now, with that said, you are going to have two scenarios:

1) The car is well prepped, the driver is wearing a Hans and he walks away. Then he sues the driver who did this
2) He is seriously injured (which, since most trackday cars dont even have a serious roll bar and no one (I know) atleast wears a Hans device), then he sues the driver who did this.

You also sign a waver for every trackday stating such incidents deamable unavoidable and mostly your fault. They will also have a big insurance issue on thier hands with the track.

There is no way in hell you would get away with this at a trackday. You have no place with such antics, period
Old 09-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #23
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
after watching joey's crash, you know he was kissing his cage builder that monday morning.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #24
wootwoot
Post Whore!

in a un prepped car and without proper safety equipment that would be death. HANS as soon as I get out of karts.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #25
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
in a un prepped car and without proper safety equipment that would be death. HANS as soon as I get out of karts.

Have you seen the hutchinson-style system that some karters have been using. I saw them using it at the TRI-C events, just a few drivers, apparently its also supposed to be compatible for motorcycle riders since both are situations involving helmets and no form of belt or restriction to hold down the HANS.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #26
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Thanks for a recommendation!