Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
gthbryce

Trader Rating: (0)
gthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holes in hatchback trunk lid

I ripped off the fin on the back of my 1991 nissan 240sx hatchback because it was not only leaking but it was rotten and completely rusted. I now have holes one really rusted and are temporarilly taped with electrical tape in the meantime. Im wondering what I can do to seal them in a better way since once another storm comes they will just peel off.
gthbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
duct tape.

i have about a quarter roll of black duct tape on my rusted hatch and it's been through a couple months with heavy rain

doesn't leak, and it looks really, really slammin
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
Ineedparts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Ineedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hot pink duck tape FTW
Ineedparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
first240sx

first240sx is making his/her stupidity well-knownfirst240sx is making his/her stupidity well-knownfirst240sx is making his/her stupidity well-knownfirst240sx is making his/her stupidity well-knownfirst240sx is making his/her stupidity well-known
I had the same problem as you I am not an experienced body man (far from it) go to your local parts house buy some fiberglass filler, sand paper and primer get a grinder and cut off the rust and any sharp edges and proceed to fill in the holes. Take your time dont over do it it will look good once you finish it took me about 3 tries but im pleased with the end result and looks
first240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Nah man camo duct tape is the best.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hope you are planning on searching our FS section until you find a new hatch. Tape over the holes is uber ghetto.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Ducktape for the win. Or if you want quality, go with some bondo.

Bondo it, sand it, bondo, sand bondo sand bondo sand. Then paint.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
bnorman82

bnorman82 is an unknown quantity at this point
weld em up!
take it to a welder or bodyman and they should be able to do it for cheap..
but then you could prolly come out cheaper just buying a fresh hatch.
bnorman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I hope you are planning on searching our FS section until you find a new hatch. Tape over the holes is uber ghetto.

yet 100% effective haha

nobody sells shit in ohio, so im just going to deal for now--along with the taped over rust on my passenger side door

"ew why is there tape on your door"
"just please, please don't rip the handle off"
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
get a new hatch i found a wipered but wingless for $50 just look around local junkyards there's bound to be one
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
ARS13

ARS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just used the mesh body filler panel you can buy from any parts store, jbwelded it to the underside, the foil taped over that. Let it cure, then use bodyfiller and sand it smooth. It was kind of a pain to reach the far left hole on the driver side, but I am very pleased with the results, and it's still holding strong. If your holes are pulled up like mine, just use a hammer and screw driver handel to slightly push them in so you can get a smooth surface with the body filler.
ARS13 is offline   Reply With Quote