Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
1slowM6
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1slowM6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr20det oil spitting issue

i have an s13 sr blacktop and i am running no catch can on the car,i just recently picked up the car and don't know alot about it.it has a steel braided hose from the block to the valve cover but nothing on the front side of the pcv.right now it spits oil out of the front and I dont know what is causing it.I know its a newb question but i would appreciate any help/advice.

thanks in advance
1slowM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Run a hose from that part of the T to a catch can, then route from catch can to Turbo intake pipe. There are other variations you can look them up. Catch can install

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Do a leakdown and a compression test.

Some oil is normal, but it should not be enough to fill a catch can in one run.

Normally, the T on the side of the valvecover facing forward goes Forward to the turbocharger inlet (the intake pipe before the turbocharger and after the maf sensor). The back of the T should already run to that black can (and back to the oil pan after that)

You NEED to connect the front of that T to the turbocharger inlet as prescribed by the factory. That is how the PCV system is designed to function. Leaving it open allows the engine to suck unmetered (and dirty) air from the atmosphere during idle/cruise situations, and during boost, it alows oil to spill out (as you noticed) AND it reduces the sealing capability of the piston rings- you will experience a greater blow-by, and the oil will get much more filthy much faster.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
1slowM6
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1slowM6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks for the input,the car has RAS and i was told the baffle on that side of the vc might be removed which is causing more oil to come out of the vc,i don't know how true this is....my buddy also told me that i can route it into the exhaust aswell?i dont think very much comes out but some comes out and it concerned me
1slowM6 is offline   Reply With Quote