Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5lugsleeves.com

www.5lugsleeves.com , are these any good?
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
they look good to me and makes sense if you don't have the bolts for the s14 conversion.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looks like that hub came off the Titanic.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Yup, I have them.

Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:34 PM   #5
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
If they are anything like the ones I had made at a machine shop they should be nice. I had some made out of brass and out of stainless steel and they've been working out nicely.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
grndzro26
Leaky Injector

grndzro26 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have them too. They fit fine
Old 04-29-2005, 03:16 AM   #7
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
I used them. The guy *forget his name* was really cool and rushed to the post office to ship them overnite for me, and gave me tips for the install. great product.
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #8
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
thanks for the replies. I will most likely go this route than the attain/gto route.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:06 PM   #9
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Rear z32/s14* spindles.. 200bucks tops.. front s14/s15* spindles.. 250bucks tops...sleeves 40. also need s14 ball joint.

Attain front ~360..attain rear 360

*fixed your post from 'front S13' and added more info. -Kevin
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
WhiteS12+1
Leaky Injector

WhiteS12+1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I searched and could not come up with an answer... Plus I figure if the info is posted in this thread then someone who searches later for the info should be able to find it... Does anyone know how to get in contact with the guys from 5lugsleeves.com to place an order??? Are they even still doing it??? Reason I aks is because it seems there site has not be updated in awhile, and I don't have AIM chat.... I would like to try and order from them before I ask a machine shop to make them for me... Thanks in advance!!
WhiteS12+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #11
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm not ecstatic about 6061 aluminum used, but they'll likely be fine. I could see them possibly deforming if you track your car on R-comps. That's a lot of load and the spindle will likely be in the 300-400 deg F range, so 6061-T6 has lost almost half its tensile strength at that point.

I'd say they're perfectly fine for street driving/autox/drifting though.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #12
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got a s14 bolt... with a lil piece of "weld" on it to align...
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #13
WhiteS12+1
Leaky Injector

Anybody else have any input on how to get a hold of these guys??
Old 08-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
WhiteS12+1
Leaky Injector

Just to follow up incase someone searches for this in the future, a company called agency power now makes these, they call them shock mount sleeves... I ordered mine thru phase2, so now I have everything to finish my swap to 5lug...
Old 08-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #15
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so if you use s14 bolts you have to drill out the strut? Cause i dont know if i would trust these that much.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
agency power makes them now i tried contacting that site about 2 years ago and couldnt reach them. then found the agency power works just fine!.
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #17
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
dude way better idea is to drill out the S13 struts to the 14mm then get OEM S14 nuts and bolts for that. Chances are your stock ones are already worn out or rounded a bit and something like this is cheap to get from nissan. If your good you can even drill offset a bit to get more camber. If using coilovers just get an S14 front lower mount, or drill it out centered.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #18
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
lol @ $25 for an aluminum collar
Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #19
jbuckley
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
just drill out your shocks to fit the s14 spindles.

way cheaper and faster. i had a hell of a time trying to get ahold of these guys then realized that hey , im from Texas , ill drill out 2k dollar shocks to make them work.
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote