Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
s2000 antenna on 97 240sx

hey guys i searched around google and only some of my questions got answered. i went to honda and got a 00 honda s2000 antenna from a base model.

it was just the stick i didnt get the part that the antenna sits on. i tryed to make the stock base work but no luck. i went back to honda to try and get the part that the antenna screws into but they want 200.00 for that part.

i dont understand how people are makeing hondas2000 antennas work on the 97`s kouki. unless there buying that 200.00 part dont no.

i dont no if anyone seen what the antenna lines look like after removen the power antenna from the car. the part that goes from the radio that plugs into ur antenna is like a male fiting but its really small its not a standerd male plug from antenna`s.

i was reading that u will need a longer stud for the antenna but i dont no where your screwing that stud into. once u remove the power antenna from the car theres only a big hole from where the antenna was.

the peace that the antenna sits on is what i dont have and thats 200.00 for that part what do i need to do here to make this work?
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
nate1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
nate1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i have stuby ones on my 240s but i bought then off a guy on here. they make kits that just bolt on.
nate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They make aftermarket ones that look like the S2000 one i tried to put my sisters 03 AP1 antenna on my 96 S14 no go on that.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1 View Post
i have stuby ones on my 240s but i bought then off a guy on here. they make kits that just bolt on.
u have more info on the seller? contact info or is he still selling them?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I use a $20 ebay stubby antenna on mine. I works great!
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

ya for well going from a power to none power antenna is much diffrent. the s2k antenna i got just just a stick with a stud hanging out of it. theres no way to mount or connect this at all.

im going to return this and try something else. if theres someone on here selling what i need please hit me up.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
The people putting the S2000 mast on don't have power antennas. They are simply unscrewing their OEM mast from the base and making the S2000 mast work with their base. However, you will get worse reception like this. There is a reason all standard mast antennas are around 31" - 32" long... because that's a quarter of a wave length. If the mast is a stubby like the S2000, then it's amplified, plain and simple. You can buy an aftermarket equivalent to the S2000 amplified antenna:

Metra Online | Metra Part # 44-UA30 | Aftermarket Antenna

This would be exactly what you want... it's amplified and everything. I can special order this for you, but you might as well just Google the part # and buy off some site.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
statickx991
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
statickx991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im wondering the same thing cause i have a power antenna too
Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
iROCKchucks
Leaky Injector

iROCKchucks is an unknown quantity at this point
S2k style or stubby antenna do look sexy but my 2 foot rc stock antenna has saved me a countless of times when my car is locked with the keys inside or buddys cars as well. Very ingenious took to unlock car doors, I think its One thing you should wait to the very end of your build and shift priorities to another part of your car.... my 2cents.
iROCKchucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
Phate
Leaky Injector

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Broadfield throwin down antenna propagation knowledge!!

Good stuff.
8. they all smell funny
Phate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
The people putting the S2000 mast on don't have power antennas. They are simply unscrewing their OEM mast from the base and making the S2000 mast work with their base. However, you will get worse reception like this. There is a reason all standard mast antennas are around 31" - 32" long... because that's a quarter of a wave length. If the mast is a stubby like the S2000, then it's amplified, plain and simple. You can buy an aftermarket equivalent to the S2000 amplified antenna:

Metra Online | Metra Part # 44-UA30 | Aftermarket Antenna

This would be exactly what you want... it's amplified and everything. I can special order this for you, but you might as well just Google the part # and buy off some site.
You're assuming most 240 owners can even hear the radio in their car

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
100% agree with toby. Agency power makes replicas as well

i have one, and although my audio set up is not THAT great (new alpine unit/pioneer & alpine speakers on stock wiring) i can still tell that my reception is trash.

under tunnels and in some areas around town i'll lose reception
Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #13
SnakeKack
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of lightSnakeKack is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SnakeKack
What about a "stubby" style that is amplified? Like the ones shorter than the S2000 look a likes. The low profile looking ones. I can't find one that is amplified.

Last edited by SnakeKack; 04-13-2011 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: better explanation
SnakeKack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i got an s2000 lookalike antenna a few years ago. it came with the base and mast, all i did was plug it in. reception is decent, but the florida sun has started to eat away at the rubber