Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
The Ecoboost V6 thread from Ford

One of my friend just told me about this videos about testing Ford EcoBoost engine
very interesting and amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-fCzBHVFTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yTTvh_Ikg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxN3JnQ47b0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_bbzRLdDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Pi00oBv3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lToZuwbQhLk

YouTube - 2011 Ford F-150 - V6 Ecoboost Torture Test - Capital Ford
YouTube - Ford F-150 EcoBoost Torture Test Episode 2: Hauling Timber
YouTube - Ford F-150 EcoBoost Torture Test Episode 3: 24 Hours of NASCAR Track Testing
YouTube - Ford F-150 EcoBoost Torture Test Episode 4: Head to Head
YouTube - Ford F-150 EcoBoost Torture Test Episode 5: Baja
YouTube - Ford F-150 EcoBoost Torture Test Episode 6: Teardown

*365 hp (272 kW) @5500 rpm, 350 lb·ft (475 N·m) @5000 rpm
- 2010– Ford Taurus SHO
*355 hp (265 kW) @5700 rpm, 350 lb·ft (475 N·m) @5000 rpm
- 2010– Ford Flex
- 2010– Lincoln MKS
- 2010– Lincoln MKT
*365 hp (272 kW) @5500 rpm, 90% 420 lb·ft (569 N·m) @1700-5000 rpm, peak torque at 2500 rpm
- 2011– Ford F-150

Discuss....

Last edited by K_style; 03-14-2011 at 09:32 AM..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Wonder if there is Manual transmission for it ? V6 Mustang transmission???
Old 03-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just watch these videos the other day, it pretty impressive. specially that part with up hill acceleration and baja
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
s14>integra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Man, that's pretty impressive. But as i was watching the Baja video i noticed that the piping for the turbo didn't exactly look stock. So it would be cool to know what things they changed for it to race in Baja.
s14>integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cool, something their engines should have been doing 20 freaking years ago!!!

on that note, i do like ford trucks over chevy and dodge.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #6
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Being in the diesel pickup truck business, I've seen some good stuff from ford and I've seen alot of bone headed maneuvers over the last 5 years.. This is ford diesel pickups from the last 5 years...

things like..
Run truck out/low on gas, injectors hammer themselves to pieces.. it's ok.. new set only $2200. Surprise

Need to light off soot trap, we'll inject extra fuel into cylinders on exhaust stroke.. sure it won't cause washdown and premature wear.. result blown motor..

Next year.. since last years fuel into cylinder idea wasn't the best (but we won't admit or warranty it) we put an injector into the down pipe... soon duct tape will be standard...

result from both, exhaust pipe hot enough to light your pants on fire if you walk by.. melted body work..

EGR is cooled with onboard coolant.. EGR clogs.. engine overheats YAY!

Neither of the above ideas lasted longer than 2 years so this is the new and improved idea for 2011-2012.
Onboard 10 gallon chemical tank that injects a proprietary urea water into exhaust and a very high pressure. Good thing to. It's only $12 a gallon and should only need to be refilled every oil change!

and well.. on all these screw ups... we made one small boo boo.. um.. well... on these motors we kinda didn't put alot of headbolts on them but we did put alot of boost... and so when these things blow headgaskets there's a slight problem.. the last 4 bolts on each cylinder head are kinda trapped.. so we weren't kidding when on step one of headgasket replacement it said "Remove and Lift Cab 4 inches".

So would I run out and buy a new twin turbo'd direct injected variable cam computer controlled gas pickup? Not on their track record for the past 5-10 years with twin turbo'd direct injected diesel pickups.

Prob not.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bums me out they haven't put the Ecoboost in the Fusion yet as a real Sport model.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily

As Mr. Gump would say, that's all I have to say about that.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily

Another uninformed person. I suppose you still think Honda and Toyota are leading the industry with technology and engineering right? lol

I feel sorry for you mother.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Fixed
Or
Repaired
Daily

Really...??? Do I even have to say anything???

I've heard many different combination of "FORD" and I never liked FORD before..
But recently I changed my mind... why don't you test drive one of those new ecoboost engine models...

you will like it...

Unless you own something like GT-R or SLR or LFA that makes you think those Ford is still garbage...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How do you find out about longevity from a test drive? I could care less how the test drive goes, i want to see it 40k down the road.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
How do you find out about longevity from a test drive? I could care less how the test drive goes, i want to see it 40k down the road.

I don't think I said you could find out about longevity by test driving...

that guy was just being negative and I assumed he has not even seen or drove the this engine..
Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Have you been reading dependability, quality, customer satisfaction studies?

if not, I suggest you go get your read on.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I dont get the shit talking, that just amazed me. Really changed my mind about ford. I want one now...
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #15
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I feel sorry for you mother.
I feel sorry for her, too. She used to own a Taurus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Another uninformed person. I suppose you still think Honda and Toyota are leading the industry with technology and engineering right? lol
Now now, before everyone gets too upset, I don't speak completely out of ignorance. My folks are what you'd consider "average consumers" and they choose imports for a reason. They've owned and driven several domestically-made vehicles over the years and they were less than satisfied. My personal dislike of domestic automakers stems from other, rather irrelevant reasons. With that said, I am not saying these new "EcoBoost" engines Ford has introduced are unimpressive, but I find it interesting that this is so groundbreaking only because it's coming from Ford. Have no other automakers ever offered cars with factory-turbocharged engines before? Also, (if you ask me) EcoBoost sounds strangely familiar to something called Ecopower SAAB introduced almost 2 decades ago. Like it was said previous, yes these engines are nice now, can take a beating and I'm sure they're a pleasure to drive, but I'm quite curious as to how they will perform 100- and 150-thousand miles down the road. Domestic manufacturers simply do not have the greatest track record. Don't even get me started on Honda and Toyota.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I feel sorry for her, too. She used to own a Taurus.

Now now, before everyone gets too upset, I don't speak completely out of ignorance. My folks are what you'd consider "average consumers" and they choose imports for a reason. They've owned and driven several domestically-made vehicles over the years and they were less than satisfied. My personal dislike of domestic automakers stems from other, rather irrelevant reasons. With that said, I am not saying these new "EcoBoost" engines Ford has introduced are unimpressive, but I find it interesting that this is so groundbreaking only because it's coming from Ford. Have no other automakers ever offered cars with factory-turbocharged engines before? Also, (if you ask me) EcoBoost sounds strangely familiar to something called Ecopower SAAB introduced almost 2 decades ago. Like it was said previous, yes these engines are nice now, can take a beating and I'm sure they're a pleasure to drive, but I'm quite curious as to how they will perform 100- and 150-thousand miles down the road. Domestic manufacturers simply do not have the greatest track record. Don't even get me started on Honda and Toyota.
What you said is true up until about 2007. At least for Ford and GM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
My wife's '97 Expedition just won't die. It has 180k on it and still runs great. I want to replace it, but can't bring myself to get rid of a vehicle that is still in such great shape and costs so little to keep. Over the last 7 years of ownership, I've only had to replace the alternator, replace an ABS sensor, and replace the rear air springs (old age).
Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #18
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
My wife's '97 Expedition just won't die. It has 180k on it and still runs great. I want to replace it, but can't bring myself to get rid of a vehicle that is still in such great shape and costs so little to keep. Over the last 7 years of ownership, I've only had to replace the alternator, replace an ABS sensor, and replace the rear air springs (old age).

I personally own 1991 Explorer.. it has 186,xxx miles..
As most people know those things have Transmission issue. previous owner replaced transmission 70k miles ago.... but I changed oil after purchased..

Jeez... it was like 50/50 water and oil and assume incorrect type of oil...

My point is, it maybe manufacturer's bad product but owners who does not take care of their vehicles causes it to break down...
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I try to avoid basing my opinion off of one person or even several people's past experiences. I also try not to base it off of just one study. I LOVE ready vehicles studies. Some people claim that some are skewed by the manufactures, or just wrong based off of where/how the data is provided. Which again is why I sit and read them all. Hell, I even go the library and read stupid stats in Wards each year. Yes, lame. But I feel it makes me a better consumer when it comes to vehicle purchases.

Statistically, domestics up until recently have not been as dependable as Japanese brands, but the last 4 or so years, most recently even more, they have made incredible strides in engineering and dependability.

I should keep links to articles just for this reason. My mind is cluttered with far more important (people with kids, and careers know what I'm talking about) things nowadays for me to remember exact numbers, but mental notes are always taken. I might have to start doing that.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
well for all the kids that think only imports will last.

my parents have a 98 ford f150 v8 with 350k i would say my dad changes the oil about every 30-40k no fucking joke. he has replaced the plugs wires and some part that was about $100 thats it.

i thought bullshit he just got lucky well nope he also owns a 97 ford expedition same engine with just about 400k i think. and has replaced the same parts as the f150.

he bought both of them new so i know everything about them.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Let's share discussion about EcoBoost V6 new engine from Ford not their other previous engines..
Old 03-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
If my 04 F150 5.4 wasn't such a failure I might have faith in this one... But I'm already on engine number two..... So I believe this will result in failure a few years down the road.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #23
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
If my 04 F150 5.4 wasn't such a failure I might have faith in this one... But I'm already on engine number two..... So I believe this will result in failure a few years down the road.

Guess you just missed other post up there....

sorry for your pain though.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #24
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i have faith in the new EcoBoost motor. after watchin the vids that is really good. I wish they had more "in-depth" documents as like:

- Motor oil (brand/how long between changes/etc)
- spark plugs (" ")
- just normal things.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #25
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Every automobile company out has its times of good or bad. When I was a kid we had a Ford Country Squire Station wagon that ran forever. My friend has a 4 door 66 Fairlane sedan that he drives on a daily basis. 44 years the things been on the road.
For every person that says Ford fix or repair daily blah blah I can show both the bad GM and the good GM.
What Exitspeed says is correct. Ford and GM today have come along way in the past 3 years. The products Ford is making today are good. They are reliable, they are not pieces of shit.
Same can be said for some of GM's current products as well.

Its time for people to open their eyes, when it comes to looking at Domestic Auto's.
Yup I said that. I love Imports but I cannot in no way find fault with a lot of the new products coming from Domestic manufacturers.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #26
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
my dad has a 00 sport explorer and the tranny blew up when it had 70k then the engine started to throw all sorts of codes at 100k, that car has been serviced by the ford dealership so many times and it still runs like shit, i will no take my chances with a ford again. not even my 240sx that is 20 years old
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #27
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Every automobile company out has its times of good or bad. When I was a kid we had a Ford Country Squire Station wagon that ran forever. My friend has a 4 door 66 Fairlane sedan that he drives on a daily basis. 44 years the things been on the road.
For every person that says Ford fix or repair daily blah blah I can show both the bad GM and the good GM.
What Exitspeed says is correct. Ford and GM today have come along way in the past 3 years. The products Ford is making today are good. They are reliable, they are not pieces of shit.
Same can be said for some of GM's current products as well.

Its time for people to open their eyes, when it comes to looking at Domestic Auto's.
Yup I said that. I love Imports but I cannot in no way find fault with a lot of the new products coming from Domestic manufacturers.
Thanks Dave for your opinion !!!!

Hell.. I am not even from this country and trying to support Domestic companies.
Show your love to your own Domestic automakers !!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #28
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsastr_clan View Post
my dad has a 00 sport explorer and the tranny blew up when it had 70k then the engine started to throw all sorts of codes at 100k, that car has been serviced by the ford dealership so many times and it still runs like shit, i will no take my chances with a ford again. not even my 240sx that is 20 years old
Could you please read other posts before you make one???
It is getting annoying...
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #29
driftn_silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
driftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to alldriftn_silvia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I agree with drift freaq, Ford & GM have stepped up their game up in the last 3 year. I test drove my co workers 2010 Ford SHO earlier today and that thing picks up for being a big sedan and AWD.
driftn_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #30
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
All it takes is one bad apple to ruin it.

Actually, my family has owned F-150's since 1985... Never had one issue with any of them. Except my 04... Then it killed it for everyone.
I used to speak highly of Ford. Now I'll talk shit about them every chance I get.

I'm sure it's like that for a lot of people.
Just saying.... Can't expect everyone to be all giddy about the new Ford stuff
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote