Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
dirteeboy808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
dirteeboy808 is on the path to ruindirteeboy808 is on the path to ruindirteeboy808 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dirteeboy808
Floor carpet replacement

Anyone know of any good fitting replacement floor carpets...?? not just the mats...the whole carpet
dirteeboy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
There's a few threads on here about aftermarket kits but personally the ones I seen are crap, they're not premolded, nor do they have any cutouts at all. Run a search and see what other people's experiences have been.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
rex2sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
rex2sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Theres ebay
rex2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
DCP94
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
DCP94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you don't like the oem carpets? how much do these 'aftermarket' carpet kits go for?
DCP94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
DCP94
Zilvia Member

you should do shag carpet in the 240! start a new trend
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i know where he is coming from, it's 20year old carpeting...time for an upgrade or a cleaner one...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Nissan 240SX Carpet Replacement Kit
Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
DCP94
Zilvia Member

^ thats the cheapest new oem carpet replacement that i could find also..and i was jk in the earlier post i understand them was jokes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

yeah, they "seem" to be pretty decent...

and i don't think Nissan still sells them..

you could make a WTB ad about looking for clean/good shape stock ones.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #10
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im in the same boat as u the carpet in my car sucks i think ur best bet is to find a oem one and clean it up good or dye it pignose carpets made with a harder materal seem to take abuse better chuki carpets are softer and tend to mess up easier
dont buy aftermarket carpets this shell i picked up had one and the fitment was crappy and just felt cheap in general
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_856 View Post
im in the same boat as u the carpet in my car sucks i think ur best bet is to find a oem one and clean it up good or dye it pignose carpets made with a harder materal seem to take abuse better chuki carpets are softer and tend to mess up easier
dont buy aftermarket carpets this shell i picked up had one and the fitment was crappy and just felt cheap in general
do you know what kind it was? that we no one makes the mistake?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
not sure it was red and looked ricy tho fitment was terrible i guess with some work you can make them look decent

btw a nice set of floor mats makes the interior looks alot better thats what ive been doing until i can find a nice carpet
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
dirteeboy808
Zilvia Junkie

dirteeboy808 is on the path to ruindirteeboy808 is on the path to ruindirteeboy808 is on the path to ruin
aftermarket shipped is $350
OEM is $660
Old 03-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #14
DCP94
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirteeboy808 View Post
aftermarket shipped is $350
OEM is $660
lol really
Old 03-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #15
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
yeah, they "seem" to be pretty decent...

and i don't think Nissan still sells them..

you could make a WTB ad about looking for clean/good shape stock ones.

I always thought the same thing and maybe I fail at reading diagrams but isnt this it?

749 Floor Trimming :: Body(Front,Roof & Floor) :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 240SX Parts (S14) 1995-1998 :: CourtesyParts.com

749 Floor Trimming :: Body Front, Roof & Floor :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 240SX Parts (S13) 1989-1994 :: CourtesyParts.com
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #16
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I just purchased and installed a black carpet kit with hatch carpet as well from stockinteriors.com and I love it. You have to trim the edges and cut the holes for the seats, trunk latch, etc, but that is true of pretty much any aftermarket carpet. It fit great and I am really happy with it. I used the same place for new carpet when I swapped my solara interior from tan to black.

Here is a crappy pic, but you get the idea:

I would for sure recommend them, cant beat it for the price!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #17
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

ah yes, good call. But damn $600+

CamryOnBronze - That looks pretty good actually. i don't think cutting out a few holes for the seats and stuff is a big deal.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #18
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Yeah, it really isnt hard to do at all. I will trim the sides near the door jam to fit the moldings and whatnot eventually, Im just waiting on my CDM seatbelt swap to get here so I can put it all back together. It is molded really nicely though and has a good texture to it.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
dirteeboy808
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCP94 View Post
lol really
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...20&ModelId=312

o for the S14 guys "passenger molded carpet" means from under the rear seat to the front

carpet replacement+shipping to me=$350shipped