Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukikat180sx
Thumbs up Drift Day 39 - Nov. 17

Time for another Drift Day!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
TonKpilS14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
TonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TonKpilS14
hmmm

i dont know what the skill level is for this kind of a event.. irvines not 2 far and my new car should be ready this weekend ^_-
TonKpilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
open to all! no better place to learn then el toro! ask any of the workers, especially jack to help you out! it;s where my sig pic is from!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
drift day is fun for all!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 10-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
TonKpilS14
BANNED

TonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TonKpilS14
aww sweet...

im not that bad im just not all pro. haha cya there
TonKpilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonKpilS14 View Post
aww sweet...

im not that bad im just not all pro. haha cya there
Drift Day is a really great place to learn. No one is expecting you to be pro. We all spin out together and learn together. Hope to see you out there.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
jsuh s14
Leaky Injector

jsuh s14 has a spectacular aura aboutjsuh s14 has a spectacular aura aboutjsuh s14 has a spectacular aura aboutjsuh s14 has a spectacular aura aboutjsuh s14 has a spectacular aura aboutjsuh s14 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to jsuh s14
even first timers allowd?
jsuh s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
How much is this day gonna cost?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
How much is this day gonna cost?
says $135 on the website and $30 for advance licensing

thinking of attending. i've never drifed before. i'm scert!
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuh s14 View Post
even first timers allowd?
you can only pop your cherry once! might as well let kat and all the other guys do it!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
El Toro is too much fun and to close to home to miss. I can't wait!!!!
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #12
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismornr View Post
you can only pop your cherry once! might as well let kat and all the other guys do it!
yeaahhhh baby! bring it on!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
What's not to love about the Drift Day events held at El Toro.

Free range of track set ups.

Always changing. Always stepping up your game.

For those who have never drove at a event before. This is a great opportunity for you to learn. A lot of different levels of drivers there who can and are willing to teach others.

Great learning experience.

So grab a helmet (SA2000 or even better SA 2005 approved helmet), sign up, prep your car, and come out to have some fun.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #14
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i learned how to do perfect 8s on driftday events...
Old 10-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #15
Sicknick 3030
Leaky Injector

Sicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond repute
What do i need to do to register for this event.this will be my first event.
Sicknick 3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #16
azndoc
Post Whore!

azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Go ahead and send $135 paypal to [email protected]

Send in your name and contact number.

Or hit me up. Either way works.

Awesome another first but won't be the last.

Ray drifts so much he works around sideways.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #17
Sicknick 3030
Leaky Injector

Sicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond reputeSicknick 3030 has a reputation beyond repute
Another question.What type of helmet do i need?Does a m/s 2000 work or do i need a ma/sa 2000.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
azndoc
Post Whore!

A Snell Approved 2000/2005 is the helmet to get.

If you aren't able to get your hands on one then do it soon.

For your safety.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #19
stannyboy

stannyboy is making a name for him/her selfstannyboy is making a name for him/her self
will there be a 4th gear course or at least a 3rd gear course? can we link air strips again and come in at the top of 3rd. thats super fun.
stannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #20
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
sorry if this is thread jacking...

i read the site, but i still ahve a few questions:
-how do i know if i am regestered for the event?
-how many spots are left?
-is there any where that i can go for pre-inspection in riverside or should i just go to big-o and give them the inspection sheet to make sure everything is in check?
-where exactly is the event? is there an adress? or will there be signs?
-what time should i be there in the morning for inspection?
-will i completely destroy my tires after a day? i'm a beginner, so i don't think i'll be that hard on them. i'll get some extras anyway...
-anything else i should know to make my day go smoother?

thanks for replys.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #21
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
sorry if this is thread jacking...

i read the site, but i still ahve a few questions:
-how do i know if i am regestered for the event?
-how many spots are left?
-is there any where that i can go for pre-inspection in riverside or should i just go to big-o and give them the inspection sheet to make sure everything is in check?
-where exactly is the event? is there an adress? or will there be signs?
-what time should i be there in the morning for inspection?
-will i completely destroy my tires after a day? i'm a beginner, so i don't think i'll be that hard on them. i'll get some extras anyway...
-anything else i should know to make my day go smoother?

thanks for replys.
1. Once you have payed through paypal, you will receive an email confirmation. The drivers list is usually posted on http://www.driftday.com/forums/.

2. Registration is not closed yet. There are still several spots available.

3. For pre-tech you need to visit Drift Speed http://www.driftspeed.com. Or get your car teched on site. You can actually down load the tech sheet on drift day's website so you know what to expect.

4. The event is being held at El Toro Air Fields. It's off of the 5 or the 405 freeway off of Sand Canyon in Irvine.

5. Gates open around 6:30. The mandatory driver's meeting is around 8:30. You should be able to gauge your time from there. (Just keep in mind you need to unpack your car, and get your car teched as well).

6. You may or may not go through a set of tires. That will depend on how aggressive your driving is. You will be getting A LOT of track time. It is a good idea to bring extras. City Tire is usually at the events. So even if you were to just bring tires, you can get them mounted at the venue.

7. Bring drinks. It can get hot. You should also bring some tools with you. Jack, torque wrench, fluids for your car.

8. Have fun and learn!

I think that covers it.... Anything you wanna add, Jack?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #22
EM_S13
Leaky Injector

EM_S13 is making a name for him/her selfEM_S13 is making a name for him/her selfEM_S13 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to EM_S13
Man thats a long drive for norcal Maybe next time
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #23
CityTireOnline.com
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
CityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CityTireOnline.com
We'll be there for sure too for all your tire ordering and on-site tire changing needs. Also, if you want to pre-order through us, we'll knock $2 off our regular price for each tire you order. Pre-ordering is also the only way we can guarantee you'll get enough of the exact size tires you need. We bring extras, but sometimes it's not enough for everyone...
CityTireOnline.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Payment sent!

Can't wait....I'm open to pointers ..lol

See ya there

=)

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
azndoc
Post Whore!

Order your tires through City Tires.

Awesome customer service and plus they bring the tires out to you at the track.

Saves time and room in your car.

Awesome deal.

Paul is the 15 ready to go.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #26
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
if there is still room on sunday ill register, need to nuke these rs-2s before I throw on the new Azenis
Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

sunday? ^^^^^

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

i registered and am prepared for embarassment. see you guys there.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #29
Sicknick 3030
Leaky Injector

Sent my payment! First event is go to be SICK!!!. This is a sweet birthday present.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 AM   #30
Skullavera
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Skullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Skullavera
Damn, I want to go! I'll see if I can make it out....

Reviews/Feedback!
Skullavera is offline   Reply With Quote